Tennessee Chapter?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Tennessee Chapter?

Postby retnavycpo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Is there an actual Tennesse chapter that I can join? If so, is there a website?

Am having a hard time getting a tag for my teardrop. I made the mistake of NOT getting a notarized Bill of Sale. The Michigan Secretary of State office in Gaylord, MI gave me their official document, but that isn't apparently good enough for Tennessee. Now I have to wait for the seller to MAIL me what I need. GRRRR.....

I bought a ticket to see the "Little River Band" on August 15th at the Hiawasssee, GA fairgrounds. Managed to get a campsite across the road. Sure hope I can get a tag for my teardrop by then, or I will have to risk getting a ticket. No way I am going to miss that concert.

Pete
retnavycpo
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Tennessee Chapter?

Postby sid » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:38 pm

retnavycpo wrote:Is there an actual Tennesse chapter that I can join? If so, is there a website?

Am having a hard time getting a tag for my teardrop. I made the mistake of NOT getting a notarized Bill of Sale. The Michigan Secretary of State office in Gaylord, MI gave me their official document, but that isn't apparently good enough for Tennessee. Now I have to wait for the seller to MAIL me what I need. GRRRR.....

I bought a ticket to see the "Little River Band" on August 15th at the Hiawasssee, GA fairgrounds. Managed to get a campsite across the road. Sure hope I can get a tag for my teardrop by then, or I will have to risk getting a ticket. No way I am going to miss that concert.

Pete

Hey Pete..... we're over on the Tearjerkers site www.tearjerkers.net (the link is also at the top of this page)

You'll have to register, but it operates the same as this forum, only it's more about camping than building.... It's ran by a great guy named Todd out of New York.

You can find the different chapters listed in the index.

Any questions just let me know with a PM.... looking forward to meeting you.

Mark
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby retnavycpo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks Mark, for the link and information.

I registered at that site; now waiting for approval.

I am not only a "newbie" when it comes to teardrops, but also to camping in general. Haven't done much at all in my lifetime. So this is all fresh to me.

Right now, I am trying just to get my teardrop a tag in my county (Polk, TN). Pain in the rear, because I didn't get a notorized Bill of Sale from the guy I bought the trailer from in Michigan. I am now trying to get in touch with him, so he can send me one in the mail. Grrrrrr.....

Anyway, am looking forward to camping with my teardrop. I have a 130 pound Rottweiler that is anxious to go with me!

Pete
retnavycpo
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Tennessee Chapter?

Postby Gator Ron » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 pm

retnavycpo wrote:Is there an actual Tennesse chapter that I can join? If so, is there a website?

Pete

Hi Peter

Altough not a teardrop only group,....'Club Tennessee' vintage trailer club might be worth looking into.....There are 89 members in the Tennessee group as of this writing and the club is open to anyone with a vintage trailer of any make,model, or size.....Even if you have a newer Teardrop you are welcome to join.

'Club Tennessee' is just one of 50 FREE state vintage trailer clubs with-in the USAVTN's 65 vintage trailer clubs......Feel free to check the network clubs out.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vintage_T ... Tennessee/
Gator Ron
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Southeast