Sweet Tear Alabama First Gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby PaPa Smurf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm living near Foley and would like to see a teardrop first hand...I'm having a hard time making up my mind.....I'm hoping on dropping in and meet and see a few trailers....anyone in Baldwin county give can email at [email protected]...I would like to talk and my see your trailer
James 4:14......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey Papa Smurf!

I haven't seen many folks in South Alabama, tho there are several folks who are just listed as "Alabama". I live in Birmingham and we have half a dozen or so folks in the northern half of 'Bama that I've chatted with. We are having a gathering at Oak Mtn State Park. Feel free to come -- bring a tent if you don't have a tear.
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Planing on running to Biringham on the 4th, and hope to stop by..will be driving a red GMC SUV....I'll be the one looking likw this :D
James 4:14......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby TinKicker » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Have the exact campsite numbers been nailed down yet? Also, can anybody give me an address for Oak Mountain suitable for putting in my GPS? Terra and I are going to catch a nearby motel for Saturday night and then come see ya'll Sunday morning.
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby TinKicker » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Oops...just found the address. If anyone needs it, it's 200 Terrace Drive Pelham, AL 35124.
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:23 am

In Alabama, we can't reserve specific sites. Several of us are arriving on Thursday and the folks will work with us to put us all together. They have been very welcoming to us. We'll just have to see who all is already at the campground when we get there to stake our claim. Just tell them you are with the TearJerkers and they will direct you to the correct spot.

My site will be the central gathering spot. I'm in a green homebuilt with tan trim. There will be signs.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 am

Here's the update I just mailed to folks off the boards who have emailed me:

The gathering is still on for Dec 4-6 at Oak Mountain State Park Campground. When you arrive, tell them you are with the Alabama Tear Jerkers group and they will direct you to us. Once you are settled, come over to my site to "sign-in" (i.e. let me know you have arrived & pick up a gathering packet) My site will have a sign, two canopies, a homebuilt green with tan trip tear and two dogs in a fenced in area (probably barking). At campground check-in, they will give you a piece of paper with my site # on it. I will be at the campsite shortly after noon on Dec 3rd.

Some of you are without tears... please come any way... big rigs or tents... all are welcome. We should have a good variety of homebuilt and commercial trailers in attendance, so you can get ideas.

Plan to decorate your site for Christmas as we will have awards on Saturday night. Judging will take place during the day on Saturday.

Friday night we will gather at my site at 7:30 (feel free to come early). I'll have a variety of sweets, a fire, and milk. You don't have to bring anything -- I'll have tons, but you are welcome to if you'd like. This time will be mostly a getting to know each other kind of time.

Saturday -- I will be around the campsite all day and folks are welcome to gather, but will have maps for those wanting to go to places nearby. I want to come by each site and take photos of you and your setup (tear or not). I'll have the fire going(probably most of the day), but at least by 4:30pm. Everyone should bring enough chili to feed 4-5 people, a chair, and whatever you want to drink. I'll have enough bowls, flatware, napkins, plates, cheese, sour cream and crackers for everyone as well as a couple loafs of bread and cheese for sandwiches. You will need to bring a pie iron if you want them toasted. Dessert will be left overs from Friday. We'll plan to eat about 6pm and follow dinner up with an official "business meeting" (at least as official as we are going to get). To talk about what we want this group to be and how often we want to gather.

If anyone plays an instrument, feel free to bring it -- I'm sure some pickin' and grinnin' will be welcomed.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and getting our group kicked off with a bang!

Karen
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Weather.com says it will be in the 50's during the day and 30's at night with dry weather for our gathering!!!

It is supposed to rain on Monday and Wednesday, but be cloudy to partly cloudy for the weekend.

I've had tons of inquiries. I'd like a rough head count... who all thinks they can make it next weekend (I'd really love to get first names for a special surprise...)
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby TinKicker » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:42 am

Karen, my wife and I will be there Saturday night for the meeting, but we won't make it in time for supper. If ya'll eat at six, do you figure the meeting will be around seven? It doesn't matter when, I just need a goal time to shoot for.
My wife's name is Terra and I'm Kelsey Tidwell. We're looking forward to the get-together and meeting everyone. See you there!
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby tinytrailer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:27 pm

I have been watching the weather reports for down here and things don't look good. Wednesday night into Thursday, we will have storms, high winds and possible damage. I just might have to cancel my trip up there, this time. I will have to see what damage we have and how bad the storm is. Sorry.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby TinKicker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Whoever DOES come better dress warm...last time I heard they're calling for snow!
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Saturday morning is supposed to have snow flurries (the ground probably won't be completely white). It will all melt when the sun comes out.

Yes, we'll probably meet around 7pm.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby CliffinGA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:48 pm

I will be there regardless of the weather Friday afternoon with my tent and heaters in the van. I cheated took the day off and told my boss I would quality walk some houses we installed kitchens in today so I could bring my company van over!! Rain or Snow I'll be there!

Cliff :snowstorm:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby willik » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:19 pm

I'll see you there, Cliff.

I'm getting a little later start than I had hoped... I should be all set up by 3pm today. Anybody who wants... come on down. We will have a little snow Sat am, but nothing that won't melt by lunch.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodstramp » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:20 pm

WilliK,

Thanks to you and the others for info and pics. I'm glad that so many of your rigs were homemade. That is exactly what I'd hoped to see. Lots of good and clever ideas. Was nice to meet y'all and get so many pointers. Take care.
Woodstramp
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast