Fall outing near Asheville, NC Oct 30 - 31

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Fall outing near Asheville, NC Oct 30 - 31

Postby montanablue » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Come join us Oct 30 and 31 at Davidson River Campground in the Pisgah National Forest just outside of the town of Brevard, NC and just a few miles from Asheville, NC. You will enjoy the mountains and beautiful river that run directly beside the campground. As a bonus, I think this is the weekend Brevard has the Holloween Festival and the campground also does some great things for kids. We will be gathering the Apple Tree Loop , but if it fills up the other loops are close by.
Here is a link to make reservations and read about the campground.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/David ... ampingSpot

Join us. It has been a favorite gathering for Teardrops and Tiny trailer for years.

Email me if you have questions. We look forward to seeing a good crowd there.

Take care,
Rick (Montanablue)
montanablue
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 am

Is it time to go yet,,,, ?????????? say yes say yes ,,,,, Pete, TTommy and I have 36, 38 and 40 reserved,,, :woohoo: :picklejuice: :coffee: :bounce:

NO rain,,,, NO skunks,,,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Alfred » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:58 am

Chip wrote:Is it time to go yet,,,, ?????????? say yes say yes ,,,,, Pete, TTommy and I have 36, 38 and 40 reserved,,, :woohoo: :picklejuice: :coffee: :bounce:

NO rain,,,, NO skunks,,,,

chipper

Just reserved site 43 (on the river, near the bathrooms) for my clan! No electricity? I'll have to get that battery in there after all. Still gotta get mine built!

AL in Asheville :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby Chip » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:38 pm

al,, glad ya gonna make it,,,, If ya trailer has a roof on it and ya got a tarp bring it on,,, you will enjoy it no matter what state of finished it is,,,

looking forward to seeing yall again

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:12 pm

I am tearless at the moment. We could sleep in my truck. Anybody just taking one car? That's all the room we need. Will split fee.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:41 pm

alan,, come on ,,,,, we find ya a spot on one of em
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks Chip. Might be able to get another built by then. Who knows. Have an axle and wheels and some windows. There goes the Home depot account again. We will come regardless. Miss you guys.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Park Full

Postby tspivey » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:06 am

I finally talked my wife into attending(our first gathering), but when we went to reserve a site at the park they are all reserved :( . Oh well I guess there's next year. :roll:
Tim

5'x9' Benroy
tspivey
Teardrop Builder

Postby thefirebuilds » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:34 pm

If your trailer sucks then you should call Ms. Reba in Asheville and stay at the Phillips Motel. While rustic, it is one of my favorite places in the world.

Enjoy the dragon and the pork, ya'll
BTDTRacing.com - World Champion Miata Parts sales. (Now in HD!)
thefirebuilds
Teardrop Builder

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:30 pm

there are a ton of sites adjacent to Appletree loop that are first come first serve, so come on,, there usually are a vancancy or three around,,,Davidson River is a big place,,, just get on up there early,, thursday preferably,,,, but COME ON
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Ok

Postby tspivey » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 am

Ok I'll give it a shot, we will come to the Oct. gathering and hope we get a campsite. I really want to see everyone elses campers.
Tim

5'x9' Benroy
tspivey
Teardrop Builder

Davidson River

Postby Alfred » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:53 am

Hey Gang,

I am definitely planning to drive over with the camper, such that it is, in its unfinished state, on Saturday afternoon.

However, I am thinking it is not going to be camp-able by then. I probably will not be using my reserved site, which is site 43 (on the river, near the bathrooms). So if anyone is looking for a last minute site, they can likely use mine.

Still looking forward to seeing everyone, showing the progress, and saying 'Hi'!

*** Addendum *** I have two different members of the T&TTT group who have expressed an interest in my campsite, if I am not camping. So I am very hopeful that the site will be occupied. I am still planning on coming out for the day on Saturday to show you all the unfinished camper in progress.

4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.

ImageImageImage
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Re: Park Full

Postby Alfred » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am

tspivey wrote:I finally talked my wife into attending(our first gathering), but when we went to reserve a site at the park they are all reserved :( . Oh well I guess there's next year. :roll:

I think Tspivey is going to take my campsite. I am just going to drive over for the day on Saturday. It all works out.

ImageImageImage
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Thanks Alfred

Postby tspivey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am

yes, I am going to be there, I look foward to meeting everyone, especially Alfred. :applause:
Tim

5'x9' Benroy
tspivey
Teardrop Builder

Re: Thanks Alfred

Postby Bob Dodgens » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 pm

tspivey wrote:yes, I am going to be there, I look foward to meeting everyone, especially Alfred. :applause:

Oh T, I promise you, you'll enjoy meeting that whole crowd, but it is my duty to warn you, WATCH THAT CHIPPER FELLER, he'll lead you astray. You really have to be on the defensive around him and his pickle juice, amounst other concoctions :? T.Tommy and Pete are a couple others You'll have to watch :roll: . But the worst one is Lyn :shock: ,You'd never know she's an ex prim and proper school marm. Watch yourself and be careful. Hanging with this crowd can be habit forming. Love Them All. Bob and Brenda 8) 8)
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Next

Return to Southeast