GREAT PLACE TO CAMP IN THE SMOKIES!!

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

GREAT PLACE TO CAMP IN THE SMOKIES!!

Postby Von Pook » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 am

If you are in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park area, try to camp at "Mile High Campground". Most sites have a view, from about a 5500 foot elevation and up!!! There are no supplies up there except firewood, but they have HOT showers. Temps tend to be 15 degrees lower than down in the valley, so plan ways of staying warm. The campground is seasonal since it lies right off of the first leg of the "Blue Ridge Parkway" and is closing October 18th for the year. The campground is very Teardrop friendly and welcomes our little homes, in fact, the owner may keep the location open a few extra weeks this year for Tear Droppers. It is a perfect place to relax and look at the fall colors. Enjoy,,,, http://www.campmilehigh.com
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Born and raised in Maryville, TN. I have spent many pleasant hours in the Smokey's hiking, camping, and touring. It's a great place. Glad to see you are enjoying it.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Von Pook » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I can say the same for Ogden, I never lived in that area, but have worked there several times and was fortunate enough to camp near it. Beautiful summers, tough winters
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Return to Southeast