2010 Sweet Tear Alabama gathering dates

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

2010 Sweet Tear Alabama gathering dates

Postby willik » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Here are the dates for the Alabama gatherings... more details to come.

February 26-28 -- location TBA, but probably South Alabama... Date/location cancelled due to lack of interest.

Finalized dates...
May 21-23 -- Lake Guntersville State Park (register early... this park fills up)
July 16-18 -- Tear Days of Summer (Cloudland Canyon State Park, GA)
Sept 3-6 -- Tears at Whiskey Ridge (Boondocking) Eva, AL
October 8-10 -- Lake Lurleen State Park
Last edited by willik on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Oh..you all come on down to the Gulf the weather will be nice....If I can help you out ...just let me know.........
James 4:14......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Based on the feedback from the folks who showed up at Oak Mountain, I am considering moving the Feb date to later in the spring and up in the northern half of our state. If anyone is willing to come to the coast during the Feb dates, please post on this thread by Sunday, Dec 13.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Dates changed -- see top post.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

WOW, still working to many hours.

I have put in offtime request for 5/20-5/24. No promises but-I PLAN (need) to be at Guntersville that weekend. It doesn't even seem like I have a camper anymore.

If anyone has had ANY fun that they can remember anytime in thier life, I would love to hear about it :>

Regie
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Hi--

Postby jan4peace » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 am

Lake Lurlene, really? That's in our neck of the woods. Do you have any more information on this trip? My only problem would be getting the time off from work. I know one thing, I'm tired of these gray skies, cold and rain. I'm ready for blue skies and summer weather. :rainy:

Mrs. B
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby willik » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Other than the date and location, I haven't started planning beyond that for the October gathering. I'll work out more details after July. We also have one in Guntersville in May, Cloudland Canyon (20 minutes from Fort Payne) in July.

I'd love to meet you and your husband. I typically show up on Thursdays and we stay until Sunday. Folks show up when every they can get off and get there... most manage to make it by Saturday morning.

We have several home builts so your husband can join in the "upgrade" discussions that inevitably occur at the gatherins.
willik
Teardrop Master

Sounds like fun!

Postby jan4peace » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 am

willik wrote:Other than the date and location, I haven't started planning beyond that for the October gathering. I'll work out more details after July. We also have one in Guntersville in May, Cloudland Canyon (20 minutes from Fort Payne) in July.

I'd love to meet you and your husband. I typically show up on Thursdays and we stay until Sunday. Folks show up when every they can get off and get there... most manage to make it by Saturday morning.

We have several home builts so your husband can join in the "upgrade" discussions that inevitably occur at the gatherins.

Hi-
Not sure if either of us will be off from work those dates, but it sure sounds like fun thank you. I would love to go to one of these. We would love to meet you and the other folks.

An "upgrade discussion", I can picture my husband being a part of that. He also loves to trail ride with his rhino. On these trips, he and his buddies spend more time stopping for atv and utv discussion than they do riding. LOL. I would love some camper discussion to get his wheels turning about that. Building his camper was his winter project and now that it is 99% complete...he is on to the next one, but I'm still in camper land. He's excited about it too, but now he's playing with a 1 ton flatbed LOL.

Thanks again! Hope we will be meeting you all soon!

Mrs. B
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby willik » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

We've got 6 tears/ttt confirmed and 2 tentative.

It looks like it will be lots of fun.

Karen
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Not long now...
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby jan4peace » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Dear fellow Alabamians!

The news of recent oil spill in our Gulf is never far from my thoughts. I know the sludge has now reached the LA Coastline which saddens me deeply. Does anyone have any news of Alabama's coastline? My research has turned up very little solid inforamtion. I cannot express in words my deep concern for our environment and what the outcome will be. I consider the Baldwin County area to be almost a second home for me and my family. This news is absolutely devastating for us as I'm sure it is for all of you. I'm keeping this and all of you in my thoughts and prayers everyday. If you have any news you would like to share, please keep me posted. Thank you so much!

My best to all of you!
Jan

jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby PaPa Smurf » Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 pm

we're still good here in Gulf Shores, Al, no oil ...I'm still on planing on coming to one of your camp-in, I ended up with a Casita. so I hope I still can go......I'm thinking a big storm is coming that will push all of it on everyone.......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Mon May 24, 2010 5:06 pm

PaPa Smurf wrote:we're still good here in Gulf Shores, Al, no oil ...I'm still on planing on coming to one of your camp-in, I ended up with a Casita. so I hope I still can go......I'm thinking a big storm is coming that will push all of it on everyone.......

Papa Smurf, plan to come in July to Cloudland Canyon... there are about 20 campers come. Casitas are welcome!
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 pm

just got back from Desoto.......was there four four days....[/url]
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I need a date......????
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Southeast