looking at 2005

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

looking at 2005

Postby Chip » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:54 pm

My girlfriend and I were talking this week about planning a trip next spring and camping for several days in the mountains,,we talked about cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway from the southern end to up near Roanoke Va. The more we talked about it the better it sounded,,just throwing it out to see if anyone else is interested,,,maybee it is close enough for some northern area T/D'ers to join in,,,it is a great area,,lots to see and a few nice camp areas,,lots of campgrounds off the parkway also,,just thinking out loud, suggestions,,comments,,excuses,,witisizims,,,been thar done it's,, etc,,, :idea: may be a good thing for folks to start at both ends and meet somewhere in the middle for a couple of days???like I said,,just thinking out loud.

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BufordT » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:50 pm

Chip,

The wife and I might be interested in something like that next year. My hometown is at the footheels of the smokies.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Chip » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:18 am

:) good deal,,well sounds like we got a start,,maybe could be the first of an annual thing,,,maybe get it hooked into the S.E. tearjerkers or something,,,any suggestions,,etc,,

by the way what part of the foothills are ya from??

thanks for tha reply

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Camping trip

Postby Clancy Courtney » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:38 am

Chip,
I am certainly interested in a spring gathering N.C. or Va. Several years ago I camped in a Forest Service campground near Wytheville, Va called Stony Fork. We enjoyed it a lot. There are many more campgrounds to consider. Let me know when you get a date established.
Here's a link to to the Jefferson National Forest campgrounds for starters:

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/jeffcmp.htm

Hope your getting some time to work on your tear.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:12 pm

It sounds great.The spring is the perfect time to travel the Blue Ridge. There are quite a few nice campgrounds in this area. Carla and I are going to the Julian Price campground tonight and stay 'till Sunday.

I hear that Claytor Lake in VA is a nice place too. Would anyone be interested in Claytor Lake sometime in September? http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/searc ... sp?index=0
Let me know. We would like to have a TearJerkers gathering in fall, if possible.

Thanks, Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Return to Southeast