Fall Creek Falls SP, Tennessee

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Fall Creek Falls SP, Tennessee

Postby WarPony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:22 am

Well, we are planning our vacation for this summer and ran onto this park on the 'net.

http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/parks/FallCreekFalls/

Has anyone been to this park? It looks really nice with lots of outdoor things to do.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby sid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:10 am

Hey Jeff,

It is a really nice park! Lot's of things to do and see and some beautiful country. A great golf course too.

Just be aware that Tennessee State Parks do not take reservations except as listed below!

Mark and Pat

Camping Reservations
Two of our parks do take reservations for camping. Make reservations by calling:
Meeman Shelby -- 800-471-5293
Rock Island -- 800-713-6065

ALL OTHER PARKS WITH CAMPGROUNDS ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CAMPING FACILITIES AND AVAILABILITY CONTACT THE PARKS DIRECTLY.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby tddriver » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Jeff;

There are some great hiking trails there, as well. Take your camera!!! 8)
Dave

Is it time to camp yet?

tddriver
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Hmm, that stinks about the reservation system. That could pose a problem because we are coming from so far away, I'd hate to drive all that way and have no place to stay.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

campground

Postby doitright » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Jeff if you are not going around a holiday and get there Thursday or early Friday or Sunday you should not have a problem. I think it is one of the busy pars.
doitright
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby mwallace61 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Website indicates that Fall Creek Falls SP does take camping reservations. They list an 800 number. 800-250-8611. If that doesn't work out for you, I'd be willing to run up there the day before you would arrive and snag a first come first serve site for you if there are any available. Not sure that would help much but lemme know...
mwallace61
Teardrop Advisor

Postby B52 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:59 am

Thanks for the link,Jeff. Cool looking park! I may have to stop there on my way to somewhere!! Cable Trail looks like fun! When ya going? :thumbsup: 8)
Jim

Stumble through life; fat, dumb and happy!!
B52
Teardrop Master

Postby Von Pook » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Over several years of camping in Fall Creek Falls, we have found certain things about the park. 1, bring your own bicycle, the rental bikes tend to break down or have flats. 2, get there during the middle of the week, the campsites fill up fast. 3, it is fairly crowded, the park is a popular location and gets very full, so if you desire peace, dont count on it. Our teardrop kept our campsite full of visitors.
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:42 pm

B52 wrote:When ya going?

Probably in July or August 8)

Thanks for all the tips, guys!! We may have to reserve a spot at Rock Island SP for starters then make a final assault on FCF park and get a campsite staked out.......

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby glennsheila » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:38 am

Jeff, About 2 weeks ago I was in that part of the state checking out campgrounds for future gatherings. A real nice one about 10 minutes from FCF was Mountain Glen RV Park. Mountainglenonline.com
They were friendly and had great facilities. Just opened 3 years ago. Worth looking at.
Glen
Director
Tennessee Voluntears Chapter
Tearjerkers
glennsheila
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:16 pm

mwallace61 wrote:Website indicates that Fall Creek Falls SP does take camping reservations. They list an 800 number. 800-250-8611. If that doesn't work out for you, I'd be willing to run up there the day before you would arrive and snag a first come first serve site for you if there are any available. Not sure that would help much but lemme know...

Well, I just called and FCF doesn't take camping reservations. It's first come, first serve. MWallace61, I appreciate the offer but that looks like too much of a drive and we wouldn't feel right for you to drive all the way up there.

I think what we'll do is reserve a spot at Rock Island SP for Saturday then call FCF when we get close and see if there are any spots available. If so, we'll drive to the park and stake a claim and forfeit the Rock Island site.

Again, MW61, I truly appreciate the offer :applause:

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Von Pook » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

If you would like a campground with awesome views, try Mile High Campground near Cherokee NC, phone number is 828-269-2945. They dont have the playgrounds or some other amenities like the big parks, but they have wonderful views and people up there
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Return to Southeast