'Bama Boondocking

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

'Bama Boondocking

Postby willik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Due to the generosity of one of the Sweet Tear Alabama Members, we are adding an additional gathering to our schedule. Tony T (T&TTT name) has the very nice beginnings of a campground on his property. And he has invited us to camp Labor Day weekend. So, this is to announce:

Tears at Whiskey Ridge

Camping: Friday, Sept. 3 - Monday, Sept. 6th
(You are welcome to arrive early or stay late)
Cost: $0 — yep, zero.
Celebration Bar-B-Q will be held on Sunday afternoon; other activities will be announced as the time draws near.

Private campground with tons of good day trips. (Smith Lake, Huntsville, Birmingham, Ave Marie Grotto, Shrine of the Most Holy Sacrament, Talladega) or just hang out and enjoy a wonderful view, extensive hiking trails, or a quiet peaceful wooded site.

This is boondocking. No electricity. No water. So bring your own if you want ‘em. Traditional outhouses will be available. Most sites are nicely wooded. You shouldn’t have difficulty hanging a solar shower, should you bring one.

For anyone nearby (you define nearby), feel free to contact Tony and “stake a claimâ€
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 am

Several folks have asked --- Where in the World is EVA, AL?

Address:
1176 Eva rd Eva Al 35621

Map:
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Tony wants to make sure he has enough campsites ready... let's start a roll call of those who are going to try and make it...

The girls and I will be coming up Saturday morning... My nephew plays in the band on Friday night.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Any T&TTT members wanna come to a FREE (donations will be accepted, but not required) camping experience labor day weekend?

Several fun activities and day trips are near-by... private campground... kids and pups encouraged to attend. Bathhouse with running water, but no electricity 'cept what your bring (i.e. batteries & gennys). Direction sheet available tomorrow, but for now mapquest "Eva, AL"

Pics of the campground:
http://www.fototime.com/users/ataylor_1 ... und%20pics
willik
Teardrop Master

Return to Southeast