**SPRING FLING AT THAT HOLLER** MAY 21-23, 2010

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

**SPRING FLING AT THAT HOLLER** MAY 21-23, 2010

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 am

May 21 – 23, 2010
Raccoon Holler Campground in Glendale Springs, NC

We will be camping under a canopy of pine trees, in the heart of Christmas Tree country at Raccoon Holler Campground in Glendale Springs, NC. www.raccoonholler.com

When you call or email the campground to make your reservations, make sure you tell them you are with the TearJerkers so we will all be together. The sites will cost $25 for up to 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids). Over 4, $2 extra each person, per night.They DO NOT take plastic....cash or checks only and due upon check-in. I had Janet (campground manager) reserve 16 sites for us. Once you make your reservations, please let me know. If we need more sites, I can always have them reserved for us.

Raccoon Holler Campground is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway, in beautiful Ashe County, NC. There is a lot to see. The Church of the Frescoes, hiking, canoeing, fishing at the campground lake and in the New River and Ashe County Cheese, North Carolina's only cheese factory,as well as, local wineries.

Hope to see everyone 'round tha campfire again.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Reservations!

Postby Alfred » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey Gang,

Amending this post - I'm on-call for work next weekend and will not be able to make it this year. Our camper has come a long way, but is still not camp-able, looks like next year for us.

Y'all have fun!

AL in Asheville :thumbsup:
Last edited by Alfred on Mon May 17, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:55 am

That was a real bad rain last year, Al. Just hope this years camping season will be a drier one. Looking forward to seeing you and your family again. We will have our Communal Grill again for the Saturday Night Pot Luck. I will post more details in the next few weeks....
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Spring Fling

Postby clydedavis » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Ross,

I'll be there May 20th. I will bring my 13 ft Burro this year. :thumbsup: The lady at the park (not Janet) gave me site #71. This can be changed if necessary.

Pammy might or might not get to come. We will sed closer to time.

Clyde Davis
Clyde Davis
Pleasant Garden NC
Owner of:
1947 Kit Kamper
1978 Scamp
clydedavis
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:55 am

Looking forward to it, Clyde. Hope Pammy can make it, but I do understand about her schedule. We will be there on the 20th as well. :twisted:
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Ross Wade » Tue May 11, 2010 6:18 am

As for the Saturday Night Pot Luck....We will have our large 2' x 6' grill for everyone to cook their own GRILLIN' EATS for themselves ( steak, shrimp, ribs, vegetables or whatever you are craving for ) and bring a SIDE DISH to share ( enough to feed your crew and 2 more people) . This Communal Grill idea has worked great for the past 5 years. This is a good way to bring everyone together. Good Food and Good Friends....what more do ya need!!

We will have the grill hot and ready to start cooking on by 6:00pm, this way everyone should be able to eat around 6:30.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. See ya next week and drive safe.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby tomfell » Wed May 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi All,

Stephanie and I will be up there Friday night...see ya then!

Tom
If we live in fear of banjos, then the banjos have won.
tomfell
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ross Wade » Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

It will be great to see you and Stephanie again. Drive safe and we'll leave tha light on for ya!!
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby steve smoot » Mon May 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I came over to visit Saturday afternoon and snaped a few photos. Thanks to all for being so nice and showing me around and answering all my dumb questions. I will attempt to post a few of the photos here. It may take a while... :lol:

This was John. I can remember cause he has a sign with his name on it.. 8) John and his wife brought their bird along for the camping trip. Believe they are from West Virgina.

These ladies were trying to stay out of the rain, but were very nice and showed me around. Thank you so much.Image

Well, I should written down the names of everyone. I know this fellow is from Tenn, and he was so nice to show me how he did the walls and doors. Hope he sees this post.Image

Well, this guy gave himself away. he posted above. His name is Clyde Davis, I hope anyways. He had the Burro.

This fellow was not with the group, but he has a nice camper. everyone enjoyed climbing in and out and taking pictures. he was really nice and even held one person's dog's leash while he took pictures. And it was raining. :applause:

Well, that's all the pictures I took on that cool, rainy Saturday at Raccoon Hollar. I really enjoyed looking around at all the differnt campers. Hope that someone that was there will see this post and say hello.

Steve Smoot
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby Ross Wade » Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 am

Thanks to everyone who braved the possible Rain-Out weekend. It rained off and on through mid Saturday afternoon and the sun came out and stayed out. Once again, Great People, Great Food and Great Fun. We ended up with 14 trailers. Not a bad turn out.

Hope to see everyone again real soon,
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Return to Southeast