Unicoi State Park at Helen Ga. in August

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Unicoi State Park at Helen Ga. in August

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:16 pm

Hey Gang ,

Just talked to the reservation lady at Unicoi and right now all four weekends are wide open for the month of August. But we need to hurry because they are filling fast. I was going to take 10 spaces but she said I'd have to pay even if nobody showed up :? So we need to decide which weekend suits everyone the best, and let each person make there own reservations. You only get a site, not a site #, that you will pick upon arrival. The sites are 30' with water & electric one family per site only, and are 22.00 a night. They have a very nice lake with paddle boat and canoe rental, also river rafting and tubing between the park and Helen. The reservation # is 1-800-573-9659 " The Teardrop group. OK need feed back on what weekend, or if anyone wants to go.

:applause: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:46 pm

OK FRank. I killed my thread on this :cry: Would have to be towards the end of Aug for us. Didn't realize that the first weekend of Sep was Labor Day.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Geron » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:02 pm

Ya'll are looking at camp sites about 50 miles from out mountain house. We're in Blue Ridge, GA. about 1.5 hrs. from Helen/Unicoi. Actually it's not a mountain house. It's our retirement home - the only one we'll have after I sell my parents house. Living in a U. Meth. Parsonage right now.

We have 5 acres with one 15amp hookup in Blue Ridge. Any teardropper travelin' through needing a one nighter would be welcome once we get up there. (3 years to retirement) :applause: :applause:

Geron
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:14 pm

Alan,

Figured you hadn't thought of Labor Day. The last or next to last weekend in August?
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:24 pm

Geron,

Thanks for the invite. Your Cubby is looking great, would be nice if you could join us in Helen. Nice people, good food, and great fellowship is guaranteed. Tiny Trailers, Tears, Tents, or sleeping bags are welcome.

Frank

PS Motor Homes and Travel Trailers are also welcome, they have 40' sites also. :lol: :lol: Course we may want to use your restroom. :twisted:
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:52 pm

Hey Frank,

Carla and I are in. Either the 3rd or 4th weekend is cool with us. Let me know and the reservations will be put in. Is the weekender going to be done by then? I am hoping that the Runlite will be done by July for the Mystic,CT rally.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Geron » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:08 pm

Frank wrote:Geron,

Thanks for the invite. Your Cubby is looking great, would be nice if you could join us in Helen. Nice people, good food, and great fellowship is guaranteed. Tiny Trailers, Tears, Tents, or sleeping bags are welcome.

Frank

PS Motor Homes and Travel Trailers are also welcome, they have 40' sites also. :lol: :lol: Course we may want to use your restroom. :twisted:

Way I'm going it wont be ready by August :? :? Work on the weekends anyways.

Geron
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Frank » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:51 pm

Ross,
Yes, the weekender will be finished by then, the cabin is almost complete, knocked a qouge in the ceiling today, Linda is not happy. Worked on the wiring today, making holes (the one in the ceiling was not suppose to happen) :cry: and putting in boxs. Put the hole in for the radio and speakers. Hole in ceiling for vent, side walls and floor for air cirulation for frig, holes in side walls for outside outlets. Pulled some wire for inside lights.
Other than that not much went on today.

So you are building another trailer too! What's it look like, how you coming?
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby PETED » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:43 am

Frank, 3rd or 4th wkend looksgood for us, need to know what color your painting t/drop so I can have Linda's sign made................pete :D
PETED
Teardrop Builder

Postby Frank » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:42 am

Sounds like the 4th weekend is the best for everyone, that will be the 26,27 & 28 of August. The telephone # for reservations is 1-800-573-9659 and the web site is www.gastateparks.org/info.asp?id=98&s=0.0.1.5Unicoi Happy Camping :)

Frank

PS The next weekend is Labor Day so if this is not OK let me know, there is nothing in stone on Teardrop Time. :D
Last edited by Frank on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Frank » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:55 am

Pete,
The weekender will be 2002 Cadillac Eslade Pearl White, which is the color on the merc. I have 1.5 qt of PPG left, hope that will be enough. Is there a special primer/sealer for fiberglass?

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:28 pm

Hey Frank,

Which part of the park are we going to be in, Laurel Ridge or Little Brook Spur? Also let us know what site# you get as well. I am wanting to go ahead and make our reservations Monday. I've got the money now, if I wait too long, I will find something else to buy for the new trailer :twisted: :oops:

I am build the Runlite. It has a bowed roof that will be covered in automotive vinyl. I have got the floor bolted to a modified HF frame. If all goes well, I'll have the sides and roof bows installed by the end of this coming weekend.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:40 pm

Ok Ross you and Frank know the rules of this board and the consequencies of not following them,,, PICTURES,,, WE WANT PICTURES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,clicky clicky,,, post,,, we ohhh and awwww ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, remember,,,,ok dont let me have to remind you again,, :thumbsup:

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:53 pm

Hey Chip,

I had to make a run into Charlotte this past Friday and drove right past NIKKIS' :roll: Anywho, I have pictures in my Personal Gallery. It ain't much, but we is gettin thar.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Frank » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:37 pm

Ross,
Would like to stay in Little Brook Spur however they will not give you a specific site or site # just a reservation for a site in the park somewhere, you pick the site upon arrival. The first person there will just have to try and find the most sites together and try and hold them, by putting chairs, tents, cars, trailers, tears, etc in the spots and hope for the best. Sounds dumb, but don't know anything else to do. I talked to them Sat. and Linda did today, no change.

Chip,

We have pictures in our Yahoo Album. Under building. http://photos.yahoo.com/merccp am trying to put epoxy on the door edge's and jambs right now, and starting the electrical work, know a good electrican????? :oops:

Let me know if this does not work, it works for us but we have to put in a password.
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Southeast