Hunting Island SC

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Hunting Island SC

Postby Chip » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:54 am

I got an itch to head back to Hunting Island campground,,, fall time at the beach,,,, Pete and I have made reservations and a couple others are interested,,, We are not trying to get too formal with the plans, just wanting to go and would enjoy seeing any others dat might like a taste of da peach and maybe a lil good eating,,,, we are going on the 8th of Oct and leave out on monday the 11th,,, The campground seems to fill up pretty fast so if ya interested ya might wanna get a reservation,,, we are on sites 141 and 142,,, Would love to see any and all social campers :D
Brang yaself on,,, sit a spell,,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Dixie Flyer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 am

:applause:
Man....that place ain't nothin' but bada$$!

I've camped there several times and it's one of the nicest state parks in the nation.

Have a great time. :)
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby Chip » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:02 am

Beach,,, food,,, raccons the size of German Sheppards,,,, whats not to like,,, :lol:
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Hunting Island

Postby Brian&Tina » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am

:relaxing: We have camped at Hunting Island twice. Once last October and once this past April. We absolutely love it there. We have reservations for this October too. We come in on the 9th and leave on the 16th.

Those coons are no match for our boxer! I was very impressed with him this last trip as he was recently diagnosed with dialated myocardiopothy and still treed a raccoon! Sad to say but April was probably his last camping trip. I think he loves it more than we do!

I noticed you all are in Greenville. I (Tina) grew up in Greenville/ Taylors and wish we could move back but unfortunately we are stuck in Spartanburg (sigh)

I looked at your pics and saw that you were in Iraq Christmas on '05... are you in the reserves or were you active duty? Our son is 82nd AB on his 3rd tour in Iraq. He redeploys the end of July and we are hoping he and his wife and baby will join us on our October trip to Hunting Island. He loves to fish.

I am curious about those teardrop trailers... there is one parked up here on Main St. and I think I am taller than the trailer (!) how in the world does someone actually get in one of those tiny rigs :QM I found your post in my email bc I have a google alert set for anything to do with Hunting Island.
Sorry we don't have a Teardrop Trailer - just curious tent campers : )
Brian&Tina
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Brian & Tina,,, glad you gonna be down the same time,,, hope ya will join us for social hour on friday night and also,,, hope ya will break bread with us on saturday,,, Look forward to meeting you folks,,, the teardrop is actually a good sleeper,,, I have 6'-4" of bed space ,, but only 4' wide :( ,,, we will be on sites 141 and 142 ,,, see ya in October,,,,,,,

chipepr :thumbsup:
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SonofT@B » Sun May 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Chip we love Hunting Island. I was there 4 times in the last 12 months. We were on 141 this April. I have lots of pics on my website at www.mikemcfarlandphoto.com.
Mike and Jackie in Atlanta
T@Bitha (2004 T@B)
Ford Ranger XLT 2003
SonofT@B
Donating Member

Postby Bob Dodgens » Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Chip, Brenda and I will be joining y'all on the Island. We got site 139, can't wait to see everybody. It's been too long since Lake Greenwood. We need to have more of these in state gatherings. I am looking at trying to camp in every SC State Park that has camping :? . It's a shame to have all these parks and not use them :oops: Anyway see you there, God willing and the creeks don't rise. Bob and Brenda 8) 8)
BTW you mentioned Pete coming, how about T Tommy :thinking:
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Bob and Brenda,, great looking forward to seeing yall,,,, at this point TTommy and Pat couldnt go but thats subject to change,,,, the weather ought to be nice dat time of year,,, see yall thar :thumbsup:
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Bob Dodgens » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:33 pm

:( Chip, Sorry we have to cancel. Brenda's mom passed away Wed. night and we are having a Memorial for her that weekend in NY. Maybe next year. Bob and Brenda :cry: :cry:
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:09 pm

WOW, I hate that Bob,,,, please pass on our thoughts and prayers to Brenda and the family,,, you take care of priorities ,, there will always be another weekend camping,,, be safe my friends

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Pottercounty » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Used to live in Port Royal back in the 70's and in those days they didn't care if you pitched a tent on the beach. It is a wonderful place and they have preserved it well. I have many fond memories of camping & surfing with my buds at Hunting Island..
best, Tim

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
Pottercounty
The 300 Club

Postby Chip » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 pm

They got rules now,,,, but they still let a grizzled old teardropper in,,,,, :D

we are hoping to go again inthe spring,,, we gonna try and relive the "good" ole days

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Southeast