Pictures are up - "Women in Tears Gathering" 2/3-2

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:41 am

zapj wrote:Great Job as ususal! Thanks for the pictures Becca, you had a few I didn't. :thumbsup: :applause:
jim

Post yours Jim...I missed a few trailers. :(
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby nkroes » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Greetings from snow and ice covered SW Michigan! I finally got my slideshow of pics from the Florida event up at:
http://vimeo.com/nsso/scottys-at-silver-river
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Silver Springs

Postby Lindahun » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Nancy, nice video. Looks like you should have stayed in FL longer instead of going home to the snow.

Linda
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Postby zapj » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Nancy, thank you so much for the excellent pictures and slide show presentation. You saw and captured pictures that I hadn't seen and I was there. :lol: I have to be more observant in the future.
Jim
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:
zapj
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Excellent slideshow Nancy!! That sure was a good time. I can't wait to go back - such a nice park.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby nkroes » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks guys. Mabel and I shall be doing our best to get Ted, our Scotty teardrop rebuilt in time to head to Florida next winter. We would love to go to Silver River again - great location, loved the park. Just would hope it was maybe the weekend after Valentine's so perhaps there'd be better weather on both ends of the trip.

I got some great ideas from your Weekender Jim, but I don't think, because of the styling of the Scotty tear, that I can actually use any of them. Pics of what he looks like right now are here: http://www.nationalserroscotty.org/rebu ... index.html
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Trailer Rebuild

Postby Lindahun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Nancy, looks like you have your work cut out for you. Would like to see pictures when you get through.

Linda
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Pictures are up - "Women in Tears Gathering" 2/3-2

Postby 2bits » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 pm

This looks like such a fun gathering!!!! I am only a year late!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 am

Becca report your tire blow out https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq
This is the only way we will force action to improve quality on trailer tires.

Looks like a great time, and warm :thumbsup:
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:Becca report your tire blow out https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq
This is the only way we will force action to improve quality on trailer tires.

Looks like a great time, and warm :thumbsup:

I will get my tire info and do that. Didn't know about this site. Thanks for the info!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 am

2bits wrote:This looks like such a fun gathering!!!! I am only a year late!

Thomas, where've you been buddy? This was our third 'Women in Tears/Sweetheart' gathering. I normally host this gathering on my birthday (Valentine's Day) and although it says Women in Tears, anyone can join us. One NSSO member, a gentlman, emailed me and asked, "can you explain the meaning of WOMEN IN TEARS because I don't want to attend a gathering with a bunch of crying women". Seriously! He obviously hadn't heard of a Teardrop before. He didn't attend. :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:

Thomas, where've you been buddy? This was our third 'Women in Tears/Sweetheart' gathering. I normally host this gathering on my birthday (Valentine's Day) and although it says Women in Tears, anyone can join us. One NSSO member, a gentlman, emailed me and asked, "can you explain the meaning of WOMEN IN TEARS because I don't want to attend a gathering with a bunch of crying women". Seriously! He obviously hadn't heard of a Teardrop before. He didn't attend. :lol:

:lol: WOW< yeah, I guess that makes sense without a logo or something now that I hear it!

I have been super busy about to move out to my land out in the woods and I have just had time to check the South Central section lately. Once I get moved, I will start my next build (A teardrop shaped standy with a bed, shower and storage and that is it). Nice to hear from you, and I am glad the gathering went well, and I look forward to joining you guys sometime!!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 am

2bits wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:

:lol: WOW< yeah, I guess that makes sense without a logo or something now that I hear it!

I have been super busy about to move out to my land out in the woods and I have just had time to check the South Central section lately. Once I get moved, I will start my next build (A teardrop shaped standy with a bed, shower and storage and that is it). Nice to hear from you, and I am glad the gathering went well, and I look forward to joining you guys sometime!!!

You got your land!! Awesome Thomas!! I know you were going between two different locations so not sure which one you bought - was it the one with the A frame house or the very first one you loved? I'm really stoked for you! Please post some pictures to share. Can't wait till you are set up and having your first campfire on the 'back 40'! Congratulations buddy! :applause:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
You got your land!! Awesome Thomas!! I know you were going between two different locations so not sure which one you bought - was it the one with the A frame house or the very first one you loved? I'm really stoked for you! Please post some pictures to share. Can't wait till you are set up and having your first campfire on the 'back 40'! Congratulations buddy! :applause:

Hi Becca, I haven't gotten it yet, but we are set to close by the end of next week. It is the very first one that I wanted that is right on the FM road so it will be easy to get to and I won't have to travel some rock road to get there. It's got a nice creek and I can't wait too!!!!

Thank you!!

I don't meant to hi jack the thread but since the gathering was last year, I won't feel so bad :) here is a pic of the view of the entrance, and the homesite within!

Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 am

I remember when you first posted this land. The other land was a 4 hour trip, right? Like you said, vacation land but too far to live. Now doesn't this land have utilities already set up? Finally...your own little piece of paradise! Your home will look great out there - can't wait for the pictures to roll in. I really happy for you! :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast