Pictures are up - "Women in Tears Gathering" 2/3-2

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby P'colaTear » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm right there with everyone else. What a great weekend!! So much fun to see all the great tears and Scotties. I wish I lived closer so we could camp together more frequently, but I will definitely make the drive again next year. Becca, thanks for all your efforts and I'm glad you had a less dramatic trip on the way home. Too bad we didn't get to those giant roasters! Maybe next year.

:thumbsup: :applause: :shake hands:
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 pm

P'colaTear wrote:I'm right there with everyone else. What a great weekend!! So much fun to see all the great tears and Scotties. I wish I lived closer so we could camp together more frequently, but I will definitely make the drive again next year. Becca, thanks for all your efforts and I'm glad you had a less dramatic trip on the way home. Too bad we didn't get to those giant roasters! Maybe next year.
:thumbsup: :applause: :shake hands:

Delyne, I sure had a good time hanging out with you, visiting the old homes, touring the trailers, just chillin'. I wish you lived closer too! I've got a dear friend, Kelli, who is trying to move to P'Cola on a job transfer. She's a sweetheart - you would like her. She likes to go camping, fishing, beaching. Anyway, if she does get the transfer, I'll send you a PM.

:o Oh, the roasters! I forgot them in my camper......I'm going get them and gonna roast one over in the fireplace. I'll bet they get as big as a softball!! 8)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lindahun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Becca, I really enjoyed meeting you and everyone. Was a great camping trip even if it did rain.

I also enjoyed the drink. Came home early and had one. Went to bed afterwards for a few hours. Wow. Was good as you said it was though. Glad I only had one.

I posted my pictures to my facebook page. Guess I'll try and get them here later.

Linda
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Michele » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:59 am

My sister and I had a wonderful time. Thanks to everyone for letting us tour your trailers. Thanks to Becca for putting this together. And thanks to Steve for providing the comic relief as usual (gonna miss u dawg).
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby evane » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Becca, thanks for the invite.
Had a great time visiting with everyone and getting to see their campers.
The creativity and ideas people come up with are amazing. :thumbsup: Hope to see you all out camping sometime.
Thanks again, Mike
evane
Teardrop Inspector

Postby nkroes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 am

It was great meeting everyone. Mabel and I had a wonderful time, even though we had a 23 hour drive to get there and 20 hours getting back to Michigan and sub-zero temps. Brrrrrrr. I will be putting up a slideshow of pics on Vimeo and will post the link here when its done. Still waiting for folks to e-mail me pics. Unfortunately I didn't get to tour many of the tears due to so many Scotty folks who winter in FL coming to visit on Saturday. I especially wanted to see Steve's gypsy wagon, but someone is sending me pics so all is good.
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby bmacke » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:15 am

Angie and I want to thank all of you for your hospitality and kindness this past weekend. I'm glad we drove up even if it was only for the afternoon. It was great to finally meet some people and actually see some other trailers in person.

I've been working all week on our tear and still hope to get it finished in the next week or so.

Jim- after seeing your trailer, I decided to go with the same door hinges. I think they'll be much easier than piano hinges to install.

Becca- thank you for organizing the whole thing.

And thank you all for being so gracious with the pot luck- next time we'll bring something.

Brian
bmacke
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 am

nkroes wrote:It was great meeting everyone. Mabel and I had a wonderful time, even though we had a 23 hour drive to get there and 20 hours getting back to Michigan and sub-zero temps. Brrrrrrr. I will be putting up a slideshow of pics on Vimeo and will post the link here when its done. Still waiting for folks to e-mail me pics. Unfortunately I didn't get to tour many of the tears due to so many Scotty folks who winter in FL coming to visit on Saturday. I especially wanted to see Steve's gypsy wagon, but someone is sending me pics so all is good.

Nancy,

It was nice to see You and Mabel. Your beautifully restored Scotty was an inspiration, Thanks for letting us get out of the rain Saturday morning. It was great meeting the many Scotty folks too, they are almost as much fun as the teardroppers and tiny trailer folks :lol:

As we both get closer to retirement, the chances of camping together are a likelihood. Look forward to seeing you down the road.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:48 am

I am not seeing any :pictures: Yet!
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 am

bmacke wrote:Angie and I want to thank all of you for your hospitality and kindness this past weekend. I'm glad we drove up even if it was only for the afternoon. It was great to finally meet some people and actually see some other trailers in person.

I've been working all week on our tear and still hope to get it finished in the next week or so.

Jim- after seeing your trailer, I decided to go with the same door hinges. I think they'll be much easier than piano hinges to install.

Becca- thank you for organizing the whole thing.

And thank you all for being so gracious with the pot luck- next time we'll bring something.

Brian

Brian,

It was really nice meeting the two of you, so glad you came for the day. I enjoyed the time we spent together Saturday. Please keep posting pictures of your fine trailer work. Oh yeah, I am in major "shop envy" :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:48 pm

(I'm probably gonna get a hand slap for these pics being too big) :oops:

There were so many beautiful Teardrops, Scotty's and homebuilts. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of everyone's trailer but out of the two camera's I had, both ran out of memory. That won't happen again!

Where the story begins...

First, I have a blowout on Hwy. 75, 30 minutes into the drive.

My sweet Scotty, the "Bayou Belle" being loaded on a flatbed. Got her two new tires and back on the road again.

Becca's campsite

Gary and the Toaster

Deb, Bart and Nathan...oh, and Festus

Nancy Kroes' sweet 1959 Reardoor Scotty

Nancy's setup

Nancy's interior...really sweet.

Nancy's hand :lol:

Miss Mabel relaxing in her Reardoor Scotty

The trailer touring gang!

Linda and Lymon

Mike and his beautiful Teardrop galley

Mike trying to win over Mabel. ;)

Delyne's Eddie Bauer

Delyne giving us a tour

Jim and his beauty, the Weekender.

Steve and Kim and the Lil' Gypsy (which is now owned by Catoosa Granny)

Kimberly and Michele and the Powder Puff

Gordon and Ellen

Lauren and David

Lou's, Lou Drop Inn

Me (Becca) and sweet Nathan

Touring the Lil' Gypsy

Michele and Gary hanging out in the Powder Puff

A few campers arriving for the Friday night social.

The Saturday night potluck campers. We had about 10 missing.
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby nkroes » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Very nice Rebecca. My Rear Door though is a '59 not a '65.
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:17 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Great pictures Becca! I need to check this forum more often obviously!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:48 pm

nkroes wrote:Very nice Rebecca. My Rear Door though is a '59 not a '65.

Oooops...I knew that...my fingers didn't. :oops: Fixed it.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:37 am

Great Job as ususal! Thanks for the pictures Becca, you had a few I didn't. :thumbsup: :applause:
jim
zapj
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast