Gathering at the Gulf

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby PaPa Smurf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 pm

8) It is a cold on the cool side....look forward to seeing all that come, a friend in the casita family check it out the other day and said it was a nice campground....I'll see you all hope you'll get to come........ :thumbsup:
James 4:14......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Ice in Jackson

Postby pjsauls » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 pm

We got ice starting Sunday morning to Monday morning early. I went in to work at noon - no driving problems. :coffee:

Thanks for checking!

John
"Fate is the hunter for those least prepared." -Ernest K. Gann
pjsauls
Donating Member

Gathering at the gulf still on?

Postby driftwood » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm

We are newbies from north Alabama, just bought out first tear. We have a house on fort Morgan and were hoping to be down there this weekend for some maintenance work and hope to come by and meet some of you in the SE chapter. Will not have our trailer with us though..maybe for next gathering.

Mike and jan
driftwood
Silver Donating Member

Postby willik » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Please do come by. I'm in site #7. This will be a true tiny trailer gathering. there will be a UHaul CT, 2 T@Bs, a scamp, 2 homebuilt tears and I'm not sure what else has been committed to come, but we'd all love to meet new folks.

We are planning to go out to dinner Saturday night... do you have any recommendations for good food at reasonable prices?

Btw: we are practically neighbors... I live in Irondale.
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby driftwood » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Will PM you a list of restaurants to consider that we give to our renters. And will come by and hang out with you guys some if we make it down.

Btw, my office is in Irondale not far from the old Fabric Jungle bldg, so we really are practically neigbors! Will have to grab lunch at Golden Rule one day soon...
driftwood
Silver Donating Member

Postby PaPa Smurf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:19 pm

hay...driftwood, just sent you a PM,....it's cold as a wall digger's butt here this morning around 21, but the sky is blue and the sun feels good on you, it's to start making a turn upwards today, I see that two t@b's are coming, I hope so...want to see in side......I'll be down around 10 or 1030...hope you guys make it.......
You know it’s time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Not to bad this morning...24 but know wind, the weatherman said that by Sat. it would be nice,..... tonight is to be the last night of hard cold,...so I'm thinking every thing will be OK, ...... 8)
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby willik » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 pm

It is cold and windy... if the wind would die down, it would be better. The view from here is wonderful.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm

great seeing you all, the guy that was with me has to go....and my grand-baby has a birthday party Sat. I'll try to get back by.....enjoyed talking with the people from Tenn.....see you later.... :D
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby driftwood » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Hey Papa, how many campers made it down? Still trying to work it out to come down tomorrow and meet the group.
driftwood
Silver Donating Member

Postby willik » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:58 pm

We have 2 home built tears, 1 U-Haul, 2 Scamps (one left today), 1 Cub, and 1 T@B. Several of us are going home tomorrow.
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby driftwood » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Sorry we missed out, could not make it down, mainly because of still- frozen drive way. Finally got out by using a sledge and shovel and cleared some ruts to drive on. We live on a mountain top on shady side with half mile long driveway....never seen it like this!

Will try to make the next gathering.
driftwood
Silver Donating Member

Postby PaPa Smurf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am

was good see you all and I'm sorry I could not set around the fire for a while, but I was at the grand-baby's birthday party and the Boss<wife> told me to run off and see the [email protected] I can say is M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E....LOL, happy the day was nice today for you guy's...... :applause:
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Postby clkelley564 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:11 am

PaPa Smurf wrote:was good see you all and I'm sorry I could not set around the fire for a while, but I was at the grand-baby's birthday party and the Boss<wife> told me to run off and see the [email protected] I can say is M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E....LOL, happy the day was nice today for you guy's...... :applause:

Just now saw this!! It was great to meet you!!!
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby PaPa Smurf » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 pm

wall, I'm having one build for me and if all go's well I'll have it around Jan, and if that happen I'll be pull weekend camp out here and there... :D
PaPa Smurf
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Southeast