Campground Recommendations Needed - Tennessee

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Campground Recommendations Needed - Tennessee

Postby dmckruit » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:50 am

Thinking about taking a family trip next summer to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee. Anybody have any decent campgrounds to recommend?

Thanks.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Von Pook » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm

On the other side of the GSM park from Gatlinburg area, is a great remote campground called Mile High Campground. There isnt power or water in the campsite, but the sites average 5500 feet elevation. The campground is seasonal and has already closed for the year, but it is extremely teardrop friendly and the hosts are wonderful. There is also a small and unused campground near Cosby TN, it is in the park and called "Cosby Campground". I hope this helps
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Campground?

Postby Wayneo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello dmckruit
I wanted to let you know that my family and I have stayed at Jellystone in Cosby Tenn. and its only 15-20 minutes from Gatlingburg Tenn. Its a very nice campground with clean showers. I have stayed there for 3 years now and I love the place. It is not far from the towns, and the staff are great. Its a great place for you to bring the kids as well.

Wayne
Wayneo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dmckruit » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks guys! We were looking for something with water, electric and sewage as we will also be taking a 30 ft travel trailer. I will check out Jellystone. There is one not to far from me in PA that I have been wanting to go to for a while.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby stman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm

There is a KOA right in the middle of Pigeon Forge....you will have to reserve because it is a very popular campground. there are several others in and around the area 8)
Stan and Deb
stman
Teardrop Builder

Postby Von Pook » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Do a mapquest search of that area for campgrounds. Several should pop up, not all with websites, but enough for a really good start for planning a trip.
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Return to Southeast