Reminder: Spring Fling at the Holler 5/20/11-5/22/11

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Reminder: Spring Fling at the Holler 5/20/11-5/22/11

Postby Alfred » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey y'all - Just a reminder about the Holler - Made my tentative reservations today! I think there is more info on the tearjerkers website. AL in Asheville :thumbsup:

May 20 – 22, 2011
Raccoon Holler Campground in Glendale Springs, NC

We will be camping under a canopy of pine trees, in the heart of Christmas Tree country at Raccoon Holler Campground in Glendale Springs, NC. www.raccoonholler.com

Campground site fees will be the same as last year, $25.00 per night. So make your reservations and we will see everyone in the Spring!

Raccoon Holler Campground is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway, in beautiful Ashe County, NC. There is a lot to see. The Church of the Frescoes, hiking, canoeing, fishing at the campground lake and in the New River and Ashe County Cheese, North Carolina's only cheese factory,as well as, local wineries.
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Raccoon Holler

Postby JaneV » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:28 pm

:) Hi Al - I can't wait to hit the road! I will see you in Glendale Springs, N.C. (Edward will be coming too -the dog).
You live in a beautiful part of the country. :thumbsup: Happy Trails, Jane
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby Wayneo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Alfred and JaneV, I booked mine today as well. I will be on #7. Stop by and say hello. Can't wait to meet all of you. I will see you there..

Wayne
Wayneo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JaneV » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Hey, Wayne! Guess I better call Raccoon Holler Campground -they didn't give me a campsite #......

See you there :) Jane
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Tom and Stephanie probably aren't making to the Holler

Postby tomfell » Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey Folks,
It's looking like we're not going to be able to make it to the Holler. Tom is up in PA dealing with some emergency parental elder care, and he doesn't think he's going to make it back in time.

I have no idea what Tom has done in terms of paying for and/or reserving a site. I'm sure he has, but, he's not in a place where email or even a cell phone works well, and he's deeply preoccupied anyway, so I can't and won't ask him. If anyone can figure out which site was supposed to be ours, then it's up for grabs.

If our plans miraculously change, then we'll post and let ya'll know, but, for now . . . we're really disappointed, but we'll see you in the fall. Cheers!
Stephanie
If we live in fear of banjos, then the banjos have won.
tomfell
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Southeast