Gatlinburg anyone?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Gatlinburg anyone?

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:51 pm

Hey y'all... I am not part of your region, I'm in Oklahoma and have dreams of teardrop trailers in my head !! :lol:
I had seen something about this get together and wondered if anyone from this board is part of it or attending... sounds like a good place.

Julie
:ok:

September 30 - October 2, 2005 Gatlinburg, TENNESSEE

1st Great Smoky Mountain Tear Drop Gathering, Great Smoky Mountain National Park at Elkmont Camp Ground. Join us in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains! Trout fishing, white water tubing, swimming, backpacking, bicycle riding picknicking, hiking. All day tube rental and shuttle bus service is only $5.00. Stay as long as you like. About 25 miles east of Knoxville on I-40, take US 441 south 30 miles to Gatlinburg. Elkmont camp ground is 6 miles from Gatlingburg or 5 miles past the Smoky Mountain Visitor center. $14.00 to $20.00 per night. Bathrooms with flush toilets, water is available at the bath house, no electricity available. Don't miss at least one meal at Bennett's BBQ! More info from Gary Weaver: [email protected]
Reservations at http://reservations.nps.gov/search.cfm? ... n=72660608
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:14 am

I have E mailed him asking for more info.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:50 am

I emailed Gary Weaver several weeks ago for more information on this and have had no luck. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun but he needs to give more info on this get together. I think I will pass on this one.

Ross
Director of the Southern Appalachian TearJerkers
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:09 am

You know I saw this info posted on the E-bay site for the the "frameless teardrop plan guy" the other day when someone poeted the ebay listing for the plan
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:53 pm

Yes, I had seen it on Gary Weaver's ebay listing too . Then I saw it on a different website, http://www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html

I did ask him a question about his ebay listing, and got an answer quick that way. He says on ebay that if you don't get an answer quick it's because he's out camping!

I can try to email him thru there again.... I'll give him a link and see if he'll post this about the get together. He lives in Murfreesboro, TN and it says "1st annual" so maybe he's the one coordinating it?

I have driven to NC many times, and never have seen the Biltmore estate (boohoo!) and that would be across the mountains but would be nice to make it there!
I know Gatlingburg/Pigeon Forge and all that area is supposed to have a Christmas store or some unique shoppes. That would be a good side trip too !

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:04 pm

Hey Julie,

We are having our annual TearJerkers' Fall Crawl at Davidson River State Park in Brevard,NC in October. Check out the "Southern Appalachian Chapter *Fall Crawl 2005* in the Southeast section. We will be about 20 minutes from the Biltmore Estates and other attractions. We would love to have you come and join us for a weekend to remember. Lots of true fellowship and making new friends.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:18 pm

Julie, Come on out in October/ I recieved E mail from Gary and he stated that he expects about 20 campers. Did not specify if all were TDrs or not. Pointed him to our forum.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:07 pm

[b]Thanks y'all.....!!! I had gone to the ebay site and sent him an email too, and pointed him here not knowing if he has been on this site before or not.

I only have dreams of tears in my head so far, well and in a spiral notebook! Thanks for the invite... I *might* come anyway, don't know if I would tent camp or rent or what.... anybody need a roomie? :lips:
haha !!! 42, getting divorced, need a VACATION!!!!!!

When I get this house re-financed though, I think I'll set aside an extra couple thousand to get my "BREDBOX" started !

Julie
a.k.a. GGBDLVR
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

ps.....

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:09 pm

GGBDLVR = GinGerBreaDLoVeR.... Run, Run as fast as you can! You can't catch me....

:ok:
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:12 am

Julie,

I hope you can make to the Davidson River gathering in October. You will fit in just fine with the rest of us crazy people.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Return to Southeast