Manatee Springs Halloween Campout - October 28-30th, 2011

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Manatee Springs Halloween Campout - October 28-30th, 2011

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:16 am

~ALL UPDATES WILL BE MADE ON THIS FIRST POST~

It's getting close to our Halloween Campout weekend and wanted to touch base with those attending. I'm waiting to hear from Ellen to see if she wants to do a pot luck supper on Saturday. If she doesn't have anything planned, we may just do a hot dog roast with side dishes. Update: We are doing a Hot Dog Roast Saturday. I think 5:30ish.

Since this is Halloween weekend, a few of us were planning on Trick or Treating the campground. We planned on walking or riding bikes Saturday night and giving out little treat bags. I've got the treat bags covered but whoever would like to participate, we ask that you bring a bag of candy, suckers, gum or or treats of some kind. We'll all make the treat bags up sometime Saturday.

Some people said they would have a costume. I don't have one but I am coming prepared with glow-sticks and glow-mask from the Dollar Tree. My bike will be ~~glowing~~

If any of you have suggestions, idea's or whatever, let's hear it. I'll be there late Thursday afternoon.

Looking forward to a spook-filled weekend with great friends! :peace:

Attendees and Site #:

59-Michelle & Kimberly
61-Roberta & hubby
64-Dennis
66-Gary T.
67-Delyne
68-Richard
69-Ellen & Gordon
70-Lauren & Dave
71-Jim Z.
72-Lou & Boyfriend
73-Linda H & hubby
74-Becca & friend

Here is the email that was sent out to everyone that I have an email address for:

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on what we have planned. After talking with Ellen, we thought it would be a good idea to have a casual Hot Dog roast on Saturday night. Since I haven't camped in the loop we are all in, I don't know how big the sites are. Ellen has graciously offered her campsite for the Hot Dog roast. She is also checking on a covered picnic area in case of rain.

We don't want to make this a big pot luck supper so let's keep it simple: hot dogs, a few side dishes and a couple of desserts. Bring your own hot-dog roasting stick/fork and chair. What time would be good for supper...5:30? Let me know.

What we need/what we have:

Hot dogs: Gary
Buns: Jim
Condiments-Ketsup/Mustard/Onions/Relish:
Sturdy Paper Plates: Ellen
Cups: Jim
Silverware: Becca
Side Dish: Becca/potato salad
Dessert: We got some cookies
Marshmellows: Becca (I've got some GIANT ones!)
Soda:

A couple of other things - A few of us are going to put some Glow Sticks/Neclaces/Mask on, walk or ride our bikes around the campground and pass out treat bags to all the other campers. I've got a bunch of treat bags from Dollar Tree. If you would like to participate please bring a bag of candy/gum/suckers or whatever and we can put a few things in the bags. If you would like to help make the bags, we can all meet at 4:30 Saturday afternoon.

And, if anyone would like to carve pumpkins speak up. I plan on bringing a couple to carve out and light up for Saturday night.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and meeting some new faces! If anyone wants to add anything, please do!
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 am

Wow thanks Becky, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who remembered the campout or if I was dreaming when I made the reservations. :?

The trick or treating of the camp ground sounds great and I would like to participate.

A hot dog roast sounds like a good idea and we could have a BYOB (bottle) and BYOD (dog) 8) :thumbsup:

Clarification if you would in that you listed the days as 27th through 30th. I only made reservations for the 28th through 30th so let me know if that is incorrect and I'll try for an extra day reservation.
zapj
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 am

Jim, the days are the 28th-30th but a couple of us are arriving that Thursday afternoon/night. So it's not an official campout night. I know I had posted something about the campout on the forum but I'll be darned if I can find it...oh well.

Glad you want to do the trick-r-treating with us. Get some glow sticks from Dollar Tree to fancy up your bike or yourself. I'm going to send out a mass email to let everyone know what we are doing.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks Becky for the info. I just extended my reservation by one day leaving on Monday rather than coming on Thursday.
zapj
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Good deal Jim! Look forwarding to camping with you again! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 am

What a great campout that was!! A big thank you to Ellen and Gordon for inviting us! The weather turned out good, a little humid at first but Saturday afternoon/night was crisp and perfect! The campfires kept us warm and the stories kept us all entertained. My rib cage still hurts from all the laughing!

Thanks to everyone for such a great time!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Just got home and the laughter has stopped but the big smile is still there. Thank you to Raisin Bran Ellen and Taco Gordon for the great camp out. Some of us stayed until today while a few others decided they needed one more day and night. For those who had to leave Sunday morning a great day and night we had until Monday morning when I left. I'm sure the few who decided to stay until Tuesday morning are still laughing. Pictures to come in the next few days after I unpack.
zapj
Donating Member

Great Camp Out

Postby Lindahun » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:35 pm

A big thanks to Ellen and Becca for getting this together. Was a wonderful time and hope to do it again sometime soon.

The ones that stayed Monday night had a nice cookout, but wasn't partying like before. I enjoyed every night.

Kellie, I had a big spider in my camper. You would have left it for sure if you had to get him out. I thought of you. Also had one that stayed on my car all the way to town and back. Once I knocked him off he still wouldn't leave. Next time I will park the camper out in the open. Those things were big !!!!!

Becca, please don't scare me when I'm holding something in my hand. Would hate to hurt you girl. You really got us good.

Dave, thanks for all the help. You and Gary were wonderful. Sure you can't use another dog. Hunter walks so good for you. Dog goes nuts in the woods.

Really enjoyed all of you guys. Thanks for a wonderful time.
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Great Camp Out

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Lindahun wrote:A big thanks to Ellen and Becca for getting this together. Was a wonderful time and hope to do it again sometime soon.

The ones that stayed Monday night had a nice cookout, but wasn't partying like before. I enjoyed every night.

Kellie, I had a big spider in my camper. You would have left it for sure if you had to get him out. I thought of you. Also had one that stayed on my car all the way to town and back. Once I knocked him off he still wouldn't leave. Next time I will park the camper out in the open. Those things were big !!!!!

Becca, please don't scare me when I'm holding something in my hand. Would hate to hurt you girl. You really got us good.

Dave, thanks for all the help. You and Gary were wonderful. Sure you can't use another dog. Hunter walks so good for you. Dog goes nuts in the woods.

Really enjoyed all of you guys. Thanks for a wonderful time.

You know I only meant to scare the heck out of Kelli, which I did! I still giggle thinking about it. :D

So glad everyone had fun. That's all we talked about on the way home. Your doggie babies were angels! Even on the dark, trick or treat walk.

Look forward to camping with you ladies again! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Return to Southeast