Florida panhandle

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Florida panhandle

Postby gypsymoon » Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi, was wondering if anyone is in the Pensacola Crestview area? I've been looking at the site and am dreaming of building something along the lines of the Grumman TD sometime next year. But in the meantime I have a partner who is a little claustrophobic and I'm trying to convince her that a TD would be a good substitute for tent camping. I saw the notice about the Panama City gathering but wondered if y'all ever got over to the Blackwater River area?
gypsymoon
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Florida panhandle

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 am

gypsymoon wrote:Hi, was wondering if anyone is in the Pensacola Crestview area? I've been looking at the site and am dreaming of building something along the lines of the Grumman TD sometime next year. But in the meantime I have a partner who is a little claustrophobic and I'm trying to convince her that a TD would be a good substitute for tent camping. I saw the notice about the Panama City gathering but wondered if y'all ever got over to the Blackwater River area?

Hi Gypsymoon! There are a couple of Teardroppers that I know of in the Pensacola area - MaryKay, who built her Teardrop and Delyne, who has an Eddie Bauer. Hopefully they will see your post and head this way. If not, I'll poke them for ya'. Welcome aboard!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Pnerissa » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:48 am

I'm over in Fort Walton Beach. Just got my little camper but I expect to be out and about with it very shortly. :D

Bev
Pnerissa
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 am

Bev, just sent you an invite on another thread for an October campout we are having at Paines Prarie State Park. It's October 24-25-26 and leave the 27th. Would love for you to join us if you are available. I'm in site 47.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Jim and Sharon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi, Cajun Lady. We camped with a Florida Tearjerkers group a couple of years ago at Little Talbot Island. Now we have moved to Florida full time (Central) and have our Little Guy ready to go. We just need to make connections with your group. Could you pass info our way, please?
Jim and Sharon
Teardrop Builder

Postby 225 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:00 pm

I'll go to if we can get some people together.
Teardrop Master

Postby P'colaTear » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:16 am

I am always ready to go camping, just as soon as it stops raining and cools off a little. There are a lot of great state parks in the Panhandle. If anyone is interested, the weekend of 9/26 - 9/30, works for me. I am open to the location, suggestions welcomed. Here are some starters:

Big Lagoon - Pensacola
Rocky Bayou - Niceville
Florida Caverns - Chipley
3 Rivers - Sneads

There are also a couple of campgrounds in National Forests that are great, but can not be reserved, so it is difficult to plan a group event for many, but certainly a great option. I enjoy Open Pond in the Conecuh National Forest, near Andalusia, AL. I would also like to try Big Biloxi in the DeSoto NF, which is about 10-15 miles north of Biloxi, MS.
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby kespada51 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:37 am

I'm in the middle of building mine and I'm in the Fort Walton Beach/Navarre area. Please let us know of anyone camping in this area.... We would love to get a group of TD's together for a trip

Kelvin
www.kelvinespada.com
kespada51
Teardrop Inspector

Postby corvusallen » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:26 pm

I really like Topsail Hill State Park and Grayton Beach as well as Gulf Islands National Seashore. I actually saw my first teardrop at Topsail Hill which gave me the idea to build one.
corvusallen
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Southeast