anyone up for a northern alabama gathering?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:29 pm

Sounds Great. I am still in the idea stage and would love to look at other homebuilts. Let me know when you go to Tannehill and I will try to join you even though I will either tent camp or just use van which has a bed and Ac set uo
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby David Niver » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:22 am

We are only a hour away from Bucks Pocket.
Let me know if any one comes up with a date.
My schedule is flexable most of the time.
I'd like to go this weekend but I'd bet the're booked.
David :thumbsup:
David Niver
Teardrop Master

North Alabama Gathering

Postby rdprice » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Now that I am putting the finishing touches on my Kuffel Creek Cubby, I'm interested in a North Alabama gathering. Buck's Pocket S.P. is nice. I have taken my Boy Scout Troop there a couple of times. Sites have water and electric hookups. Monte Sano S.P. in Huntsville is also very nice. Sites have water and electric hookups; a few also have sewage hookup. My family and I are currently camping there (five nights) in our motorhome. Monte Sano S.P. is located atop Monte Sano Mountain; consequently, the temperature there averages about five degrees cooler than in the valley. Currently, mid-days are warm (low 90's), but the evenings have been very pleasant (mid 60's). Most sites have full shade.
:thumbsup:
"Mayberry says thanks and happy motoring".
rdprice
Teardrop Inspector

Postby David Niver » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:45 am

we just made it back from a campground we hit north of Chattanooga about an hour called Spencers Cove.
It's near Fall Creak Falls state park.
They have water and Electric sites and I think sewer also.
They always have had a open site every time we check.
Nice owners and a quiet camp ground.

We may be interested in a trip before the N meets S but it will have to be after we get some things done on the tear.
David
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Postby mincey » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:14 pm

No one has ponied up with any dates or places. I have never been to Alabama so I have no knowledge of the various parks. So I can't really make any informed decisions as to where to gather. Is there any site out there with campground maps of the various state parks? I didn't see it on the AL SP website like how the GA SP website does. We definitely need electric and water - not outfitted for boondocking yet.

If any suggestions are needed for dates, may I suggest the weekend of September 15th or 22nd? Or Oct 6th or 20th? Any of those sound good?

Cheryl
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Postby sid » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:07 pm

We may be able to make it depending on the date. We are in middle TN. Let us know the plan!

Any water for kayaking would be great!

:cheerswine:
sid n side
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:46 pm

I would love to start thinking about sept. or oct weekends. This is when weather should start cooling a bit (LOL Yea I live in the south so should know better) and allow sitting around a campfire at night.

Guntersville has pleanty of water to cayak or boat on. Hook ups available at most sites.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:07 am

I kinda like the sound of Guntersville. I found a map on their website and it looks like you have campsites right on the waters edge. Sept or Oct would be great, being on the water may make a campfire tolerable by then :lol:

PPDrew, I'm still planning on Tanehill-the final nitty gritty is just taking longer to resolve.

Mc
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:56 am

I talked to the folks at Guntersville-they have spots available for labor day weekend- $16 a night, Is everyone already booked that weekend?

Mc

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby mincey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:35 pm

I am already booked for Labor Day. I have to work an agility seminar, assuming it is still on. I'll find out more after a club meeting this weekend.

I had put forth some specific weekend suggestions for Sept and Oct, but no one has picked one yet :)

Cheryl
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Postby engled » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:07 pm

+1 For Guntersville state park (One of our favorite parks)
-1 For labor day weekend. (we already have plans)
engled
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rmcelroy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:43 pm

Hey Cheryl

Not dissin your days-I just had an ulterior(sp) motive. My relatives have been following my build up pretty closely and want to come out and see the rest of you guys work-and labor day happens to work out better for them. Guntersvile really is close enough they can just come up for a day trip and look around and meet everyone.

I just can't wait to get mine on the road and start enjoying the fun. So lets just say it's gonna happen and give me a carrot.

looking forward to it
Mc

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby mincey » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:38 am

No problem, rmcelroy. I know it is nice to take advantage of holiday weekends and getting an extra day of it. Hope you have a good time, and that your relatives get a kick out of the teardrop! (Giving you the carrot :) )Who knows - if that weekend frees up for me I can see if I can talk the husband into going! Maybe since others can't make Labor Day either, perhaps we can do a second weekend there as well. Can't have too many gatherings! I am still planning on Unicoi the weekend after Labor Day - already have the reservations.

Sounds like that Guntersville park is getting the most votes. Is the weekend of Sept 22nd good for anyone? Or any other suggestions?

Cheryl
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Postby sid » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:27 am

September 22 will probably work for us. Guntersville sounds good. Keep us informed!!!

:cheerswine:
sid n side
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby David Niver » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:23 am

Labor day sounds like a good posability for us.
I can take off about any time but my wife will have to put in for some of it.
David
David Niver
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast