Natchez Trace Parkway.

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Natchez Trace Parkway.

Postby CPASPARKS » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:05 pm

I have driven the Natchez Trace Parkay from Jackson, MS to Nashville, TN. But was not camping.
Where are the best places to camp with your teardrop? Are there facilities for showers and bathroom?
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:12 pm

...Kev, I see you are now making counter accusations :lol: ;) ...there are only 2 campgrounds(I think) on the parkway itself but there are several public and private campgrounds nearby many areas of the Parkway...Maybe someone who has recently been can shed some light...the last time I traveled the Parkway AND camped was 30 years ago...and that's a whole 'nother story ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

natchez trace camping

Postby rgsgoose5 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:14 pm

There are indeed 2 campgrounds on the trace. they are both very nice, I prefer Meriwether Lewis over the jackson ms area campground. Neither offfers showers, both have nice restrooms, and great scenery, There are numberous places with restrooms along the trace and most places can accomidate trailers, those that cannot usually have signs stating this fact!
Tom
iuka ms
rgsgoose5
Teardrop Inspector

Postby cracker39 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:27 pm

I've never had a camper on the Trace, but have driven it several times. It's a beautiful drive and one of the best kept roadways in the country. It's always clean and mowed. If anyone wants to drive it, it 2-lane all the way, and you'd better keep to the speed limit of 55 or they will give you a ticket. Besides, you want to drive slow enough to see the scenery and possible wildlife anong the road shoulders.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:12 am

I used to tent camp on the trace. My favorite place was just south of Tupelo. It is a nice campground with room for a tralers and rarely crowded. The facilities were always clean. Now the best pat for me was that at the water fountain there was a faucet' I carried a water hose and would pull up next to it early in the morning, place a tarp around a open door and shower that way. The best part about the whole place is that it was free. There are a lot of free places or very inexspensive places in Ms to camp. The national forrest are one example and the Corp Of Engeneersparks are the inexspensive. None of what I am mentioning have hook ups.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Return to Southeast