October Gathering, Pisgah National Forest, NC

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

October Gathering, Pisgah National Forest, NC

Postby Clancy Courtney » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:59 am

Hope you will plan on gathering at the Davidson River Campground in the Pisgah ranger District of Pisgah National Forest October 22,23 & 24, 2004.
Reservations can be made here -

http://www.reserveusa.com/

I have reserved site 47 in Apple Tree loop. This loop is close to the Davidson River and accepts reservations.
This part of the forest was once part of the Biltmore estate which is about 30 miles away. Lots of trails for hiking, fishing, near Brevard.
Hope you'll be there.
Clancy
Last edited by Clancy Courtney on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:32 pm

Clancy,

I just tried to pull up the reservation link and no success. Also, did you reserve under a group name, such as Southeast Tearjerkers or something else, so we can all be grouped together?

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Reservation link

Postby Clancy Courtney » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:44 am

Ross, Try this link: http://www.reserveusa.com/ Under step 2, type in Davidson River for camground name and it should take you there. Sorry the other link didn't work. I made the reservation under my name, site 47 in Apple Tree loop. When I reserved that spot there spaces next to 47 available.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:01 am

Clancy,

Just reserved site 44 in Apple Tree Loop. Looks like a very nice campground. Hope the weather is good.

Thanks, Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:37 am

Clancy and Ross,,,,just made my reservation for site 50 on apple tree loop for the october gathering,,,will be coming in on friday,,My girlfriend and I are gonna be coming down the parkway for a few days prior camping so be looking for us,,,I am looking forward to the weekend,,
let me know if we gonna do a group cooking,,,,looking forward to it,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Reservations

Postby Clancy Courtney » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:11 pm

Chip, I glad you reserved a spot. That makes it three. I also heard from someone in Winston-Salem hope he comes also.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:40 pm

Glad you can make it Chip. Can't wait to see everybody there.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Frank » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:36 am

Hi All,
Just made reservations for fri & Sat for lot 45 going to try and make it a family gathering also. Will see you there. :D Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:56 pm

Good to hear you can make it up Frank. It should be a lot of fun.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Pisgah gathering

Postby Clancy Courtney » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:25 am

Frank, I'm galdyou are coming. I'd like to meet you in Aiken sometime. I'm there almost every Sunday. Let me know if you would like to meet.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:54 am

Looks like we gots us a "GATHERING",,,,,,,,tha south shall rise again :lol:
looking forward to seeing everyone there!,, went to Lake Greenwood this weekend and hopefully it will be the last time in a damp tent,,,it definately gave me reason to get busy,,,,,had fun though,,,,,see ya'll in Oct.
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:46 pm

OK folks,,the Pisga Forest will be the first real official outing I am going to get to unless construction goes a lot faster that it is right now,,,so far we got 4 tears coming in and just want to put an invite out to any and all who would like to attend,,,its late in the year but the leaves should be close to peak about then,,would like to meet any who can make it,,see ya in the smokies

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Dani Strobridge » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:06 am

Hello,

This is my first post - so here goes. My husband, Jake and I have become interested in the Teardrop Camper in the last few weeks and have been reading about it on the internet. We were able to view a new one in Charolette that had just been purchased from a builder in WI. We were very impressed and are looking into ordering one ourselves.

As I understand it a Teardrop can refer to any small trailer with the teardrop shape and many people build their own. There was so much info on the internet that I found all kinds of info on tiny trailers and so I am not sure what type everyone in this club has.

We live in Chapin, SC and both of us work for the school district. We were thinking about coming up for the Oct. weekend at Davidson. Of course we would have to use our truck tent camper because our Teardrop would not be ready for several months after we put in the order.

If anyone could give me a little more information about the Southeast Chapter - how long has it been established, how many members does it have and have you had any other camping trips together I would appreciate the reply. Soon-to-be-Teardroppers, Dani and Jake
Dani and Jake Strobridge
Dani Strobridge
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:32 am

Hey there Dani,,,welcome to the infectious world of teardropping,,,Like yourself I got hooked around the first of the year,,,and the rest is history,,,I am hoping to get my tear finished in about a month and a trial run prior to Pisga,,it has been an experience,,,I live in Greenville SC,,You are welcome to see mine anytime,,just e-mail me ([email protected]) and let me know when you are in area,,,also Clancey Courtney lives in Columbia and is proud to show his trailer and can also give ya a lot of info,,,

the S.E. Tearjerkers is right now a loose organization that is in the process of getting off the ground,,,so officially I dont know if we are "official" or not,,Members????not sure,,mostely we just a bunch of folks interested in tiny trailers,,,

I think you will find a lot of great people on this web,,all are eager to help new-bees,,with their vast knowledge of teardrops or tiny trailers,,there is a lot of info free for the asking so dont hesitate,,,,bring ya tent and come on up to Pisga,,look forward to meeting Ya'll,by the way I am a Charlotte deserter,,I finally got out 4 years ago,,lol

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Dani Strobridge » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:52 am

Hi Chip, Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to meeting you and other Terjerkers ( is that the official name ) of the Southeast Chapter? We may be ordering a Teardrop by the end of next week - I really admire people who can take on the task of building their own. Dani
Dani and Jake Strobridge
Dani Strobridge
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Southeast