Tear Dropper wanna be

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Tear Dropper wanna be

Postby Hippiemom » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:37 pm

Just recently I caught a special on the Travel Channel and discovered...the Tear Drop. :D I'm in love !!! I've been a tent camper forever and never could bring myself to calling RVing camping. Now that I'm on the backside of 40 :? ...time to get off the ground. I'm really excited about the Tear Drop...suits my camping style. However, as I'm not handy with tools and such, building one is out of the question. Can someone help me out with locating a dealer? I'm in Marion, just east of Asheville...quite close to Brevard. I'd love to have one for the gathering.

Thanks,
Hippiemom
Live it Large
Hippiemom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:42 am

This is where the internet excels. Do a search on Tear Drop Trailer Dealer and start your search. Problem is they are not Chevys. You will have to do a lot of searching and calling (and probably traveling to pick one up).

After you locate the one you like, call the mfgr (in his back garage..only kidding) and see where the closet dealer is.

There are about 10 mfgrs (so I've been told).... and none of them are huge, but they are out there.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:23 am

Hippiemom,

I think you'll be doing some traveling, but it'll all be worth your while if you are really serious.

First go to one of the teardrop gatherings locally... (Chip is just dying to show off his newly finished teardrop!),
http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=

and then once you have an idea what you want, start seeing what the different builders offer. You can start that search right here on Cary's webpage of Camp-Inns.

http://home.centurytel.net/edevold/

Cary builds the Cadilac of teardrops in my opinion!!! :wink:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Southeast