Old manufacturer with a new offering? Lil Demon?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Old manufacturer with a new offering? Lil Demon?

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:57 pm

Hey folks,

you'll never believe it... You know those Aliner folks? The ones that can pop up that a-frame camper in about 30 seconds... They are thinking about expanding their product line... Can you guess what they are thinking about building? Give up... How about a cross between a teardrop and a Wild Goose... Yep... check it out...

More details in this pdf...
http://www.mikenchell.com/images/lil_demon.pdf

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:07 pm

did a search:

-- For those who own very small tow rigs but still want to haul along a small trailer, Cabin A LLC (www.aliner.com, 724-423-7440) has developed a new variation on the classic teardrop theme. The Lil Demon measures just 11 feet and weighs about 735 pounds empty, which makes it towable by most vehicles on the road today. With its raised roof hinged up, users have some headroom when accessing its 58-inch x 79-inch bed inside. A small camping-style galley across the back of the trailer includes a stove, washbasin and some storage for kitchen hardware. Screen walls provide bug-free ventilation with the top raised.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:18 pm

That's pretty cool. Any idea when they will go into production?

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:27 pm

Ross Wade wrote:That's pretty cool. Any idea when they will go into production?

Ross

According to Don over at tinytraveltrailers...

"As I understand, three have been built so far as prototypes, but
general production won't start until later this year due to a back
order problem at the window factory."

:roll: Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Joseph » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:36 pm

Just a teardrop-shaped popup. The worst of both worlds, IMHO... :thumbdown:

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:52 pm

Seems like we saw that one a while back. They should still make the hatch a two piece. The way it is, the local bears (or other varments) are sure to enjoy the galley area at night. :thumbdown: Nope I'll stick with the classic Teardrop.

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby darockrider » Sat May 07, 2005 12:24 am

While at first glance I thought it was a neat trailer after looking at it a while I also reached the conclusion of others that the inability to close up the galley is definately a problem. I think a 2 part hatch would be the ticket to allow closing up the kitchen. It is possible that the unit will be supplied with an integral rear awning/dining tent that will enclose the rear same as many of the standard teardroppers do. Maybe a poll is in order to see how many teardroppers use a rear tent enclosure and leave the galley open at night? Another possiblity is that maybe the pop up portion can be released from the inside and you could close it prior to going to bed at night and release it in the morning from the inside to allow extra headroom for dressing and getting ready to met the world.

As we are mostly all teardroppers here we all for the most part will aggree that all teardrops are neat trailers. This unit is supposed to be lightweight and affordable so that can only be good for teardroppers! :thinking:

gerald in winnipeg
darockrider
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sat May 07, 2005 7:44 am

I have found that even if you leave no open food in your galley that critters will still come to visit just for the smell and crumbs. Must close galley at night. A raccoon visit will wake you up for sure.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion