teardrop rentals

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

teardrop rentals

Postby Kicker » Fri May 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Does anyone in the Sacramento Ca area know of a place that rents teardrops? I have looked into American River Sales in Auburn, but at this time they are only renting out Little Guy trailers and I would like to try something with a different galley.
Kicker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby doug hodder » Sat May 23, 2009 12:13 am

I don't know of anyone around here that rents, didn't know that American River did. Have you attended any gatherings? Lots of good ideas can be seen. Several of us are going to be over at Ocean Cove next weekend, and 1 of the members has gotten an award for his galley design. Might be worth the trip. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby grant whipp » Sun May 24, 2009 2:37 am

Not exactly the Sacramento area ... more like Sonoma ... but these folks have a very nice, true teardrop that they rent out from time-to-time:
(from the the teardrops.net Teardrop Builders'/Mfgs' Directory - www.teardrops.net/mfgs.html )

Vacations In A Can
Custom Teardrops
Teardrop Rentals!
P.O. Box 113
Camp Meeker, CA 95419
707-228-9943
www.vacationsinacan.com

I'm not aware of anyone else more "local". Good luck, and ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby fireaunt » Sun May 24, 2009 11:53 am

Grant, that is really great! I hope, and think there is, enough interest to make it profitable. We rented a couple of pop-ups before we decided what we wanted back in the day. :thumbsup:
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby Dagny » Sun May 24, 2009 12:08 pm

What would be a recommended price for a weekend/week rate on a rental? Fully furnished. Great way to let people try one out and to try camping our way. My DH is considering being a dealer after spending time with the Little Guy guys when he picked up my Silver Shadow. We have a dealer license for cars and mobile homes, a sales lot and a storage facility. Thought having one as a rental unit would be good business. Might not do anything as we are too busy anyway, but fun to think thru a new business plan. I could easily outfit one from our local thrift shops and garage sales. Right up my alley!
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Re: teardrop rentals

Postby happycamperteardrops » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Happy Camper Teardrop Rentals in Sacramento, Ca
http://www.happycamperteardroprentals.com

Northern California's friendliest teardrop rental company.

Find us on Facebook.
happycamperteardrops
Teardrop Inspector

Postby FunDirector » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Sierra Teardrops just North of Sacramento rents teardrops! We have a couple T@B trailers, one is a brand new 2015 Sofitel with shower and flushing toilet, clamshell kitchen, A/C, heater, etc., it’s loaded. Another T@B we call the Lemon Drop has an inside kitchen and bigger bed, still with A/C, heater, TV, etc. We’re looking at adding an off-road teardrop in the future if there is interest (and I sure hope there is, I’m dying to get one for the CJ-5, LOL). Check out our website for pictures, rates, and you can find us on facebook too. http://www.sierra-teardrops.com (530) 366-3133

:thumbsup:
FunDirector
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jimger » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:54 am

I just got back from a short camping trip with one of the Happy Camper's rental trailers. We rented the Lazy Lodge, their 5/x 9. Galley is basic, but stocked with everything you'll need on your trip. Trailer was clean, comfortable and easy to pull. We'd do it again.
jimger
Donating Member

Postby FunDirector » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Sierra Teardrops in Northern California (near Sacramento, Auburn, Grass Valley) now has a third teardrop for rent. These are all tall enough to stand up in, have air conditioning and heat, kitchens with sinks and dual burner propane stoves, fridges, TV/DVDs, and are fully outfitted for cooking, eating, and even include sheets and towels. Heck, two even have hot water, flushing toilets, and showers! Check out our new addition we call Tiki! pictures and info: http://www.sierra-teardrops.com :vroom: (530) 366-3133
FunDirector
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion