New Slide-In Weekender Design 'Wazat'

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

New Slide-In Weekender Design 'Wazat'

Postby jagular7 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:52 am

Saw this on Ebay. It caught my eye from a geo-design stand point. But when I got into the pics more, I thought of wasted space and non-ergo layout. But anyways, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ120047757534
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:08 am

Couple things that come to mind right off. One, it's only 4' wide, 2, if those diamond plate fenders don't come off easily you're likely to remove large swatches of paint when sliding it off unless you can lift it straight up, 3, the interior isn't much (my opinion), 4, they say the trailer tilts for easy loading, one little problem is that the axle is behind center so tho the trailer will tilt it will certainly not stay that way for you to load it unless you have someone hold the front up.
I'm not sure I like the hold downs either, I have seen lots of those go bad on pop-ups, not sure I'd want just 4 of them holding my cabin on.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:50 am

:thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder how they came up with their overall profile design...sure looks similar to somthin' I've seen before (damn copy cats...)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:14 pm

madjack wrote::thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder how they came up with their overall profile design...sure looks similar to somthin' I've seen before (damn copy cats...)
madjack 8)

Yea, a little bit like this maybe...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ken A Hood » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:23 pm

So that's where Mike got "his" idea from....... ;)
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:30 pm

You're so bad. My idea was out there years before Wazat was even heard of...
Last edited by mikeschn on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby kirtsjc » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:56 pm

mikeschn wrote:
madjack wrote::thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder how they came up with their overall profile design...sure looks similar to somthin' I've seen before (damn copy cats...)
madjack 8)

Yea, a little bit like this maybe... Mike...

Sheesh! And I thought my version of MIKE's Weekender/Bugout trailer was ugly!!!!

See that they stole Mike's basic design, Gadget's rear hatch design, Little Guy's "gallery shelves' and my idea of a removable body from the trailer....

AND they dare to want 4 big ones for it ???

John Kirts

(back off to my hidey hole to grumble and mumble about this!)
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gambam » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 pm

anyone save a pict of it? It is gone off ebay :thinking:
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby Ken A Hood » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Didn's save any pics; but I did find the dealers website....

http://www.clemstrailersales.com/home.html

And apparently (during my search for 'clems trailers") he doesn't like paying overtime...FULL STORY

Something sounds fishy to me, if they were sold (a buy-it-now) there should still be the auction listed, even in the completed category.......
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:01 pm

I would be worried about the Draw Latches: They are just screwed in with probably about 1 inch screws. Two on the catch and most likely 4 on the latch. On my slide off cabin I use two 3/8 lag bolts with wingnuts and safety pins on the rear and two 3/8 hard anchor bolts/studs 4 inches into a 2 x 6 with wingnuts and safety pins. Thinking about upping that to 6 by putting one more on each side in the cabin; though no wear has been seen after almost 2000 miles and 4 months.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jagular7 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:40 am

Gambam wrote:anyone save a pict of it? It is gone off ebay :thinking:

Yah, but they have the campers info on it. I haven't downloaded them to try to remove the info. Check out HERE
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:11 pm

It's back on ebay..........

WAZAT
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:54 pm

NEW WAZAT on eBay....with turnbuckles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby wolfix » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Gambam wrote:anyone save a pict of it? It is gone off ebay :thinking:

I saved a few pics of the smaller one.

I like everything about it. Being single the 4' width does not bother me. The lack of a really good cooking gallery would be a bonus for me too.....

I like the idea of a a removable cabin.......
Back it into a 10x10 tent , remove the cabin, set it on some sawhorses,,, [Just kidding]

Or ....... Forget the trailer, put it in the back of a pick up truck.....get to camp and back up to a picnic table...... Slide it out and then you have a set up ...Unless there are high winds.
"I am the guy our parents warned us about."
wolfix
Teardrop Master

Postby brian_bp » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:30 pm

I don't have any real comment on the teardrop body itself, but the modular idea is interesting. Not, unfortunately, useful for most people...
since the cost of the trailer chassis is not a huge part of the whole trailer, why deal with the extra weight and issues of putting the module on the trailer? just leave the trailer with its chassis, and if you want a utility trailer as well, get one of those, too... in a more useful size and configuration.

Sometimes it makes sense to not go overboard on the reuse thing... the tow vehicle is already being used for RV towing, utility towing, and whatever else it does Monday to Friday, so let the trailers have their own wheels.
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion