Teardrop Fiction

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Teardrop Fiction

Postby rowerwet » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:25 pm

queeniejeanne wrote:Hey, that story is funny, i don't care who you are......and I won't let you be the THREAD KILLER on this one anyway...right guys......lets get some more out here and start writing before we have to buy Tex's Book....lolol :R Queenie Jeanne

not quite fiction, but I like writing about boats and boating related stuff, I've had two published so far, one submitted for future publication, and a few more in the pipeline. This is the latest http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/12/col ... index.html
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Re: Tribute to TEX

Postby queeniejeanne » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Tumbleweed_Tex wrote:Thank you all for the votes of confidence. The idea of something on a rack, in a mall, with my name on it has been bouncing around in my mind (heart) for several years. And, the fact that I write (technical) for a living only serves to confound those emotions.

Unfortunately, serious ponderation along the fictitious lines produces problems and conflicts long before an illustrator enters the program. There are well-intentioned readers who insist that the soap opera genre is the only way to go, while others prefer a less intense path towards children’s entertainment. (guess I simply need to pick one and go for it, huh?)

And then there’s the dreaded “blockâ€

:cry: :cry: A Year since this quote and I still come back to this site to look, thinking I was mistaken.......This is the book I referred to upon notification of our loss of the talents of Tumbleweed Tex, writer Extraordinaire.

Thanks for writing rowerwet good story...glad you are one of the PUBLISHED ones of us. Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Vindi_andy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 am

I hav ejust returned after sometime away due to home and work changes.

To say I am shocked and upset to learn of Tex passing would be an understatement. The man truly was a talent in the writing stake, I will miss the adventures of Little Tex, and Tex and dog. They had me in stitches and tears in approximate equal measures.

I havent downloaded the PDF yet but would it make a good book as a tribute to tex. Kind of a final post humous salute to an amazing man I had the pleasure to come into contact with.
Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Postby rowerwet » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:12 pm

I try to add a new story every week to my WWW, in the notes section.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby Roo Dog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:20 pm

I joined the Forum late last year but dropped out for a while due to having too much on the go. Back again as of last week.

I have only just found this thread and have spent some time reading the stories of the OP Tumbleweed Tex. That he was a talent there is no doubt. His laconic and droll style of relating a story would have found him very welcome around campfires in Australia where a good story teller or yarn spinner is always welcome.
I think this style of story telling is becoming a dying art form as most people these days want instant everything and good story telling like that written by Tex takes time in the telling and the reading. Not for the speed reader or the texter.

Really enjoyable stuff. I would have liked to have met him.

Take it easy.

RD
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:52 am

rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby queeniejeanne » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

The PDF that is from Synthisis is in book format already and is more readable than our thread that, after mike and schel rebuilt the forum, was put back as best as it could be.....these stories written by a lot of us were totally destroyed. RatKity and I and lots of others quit writing...I know RatKity is still on the forum but has never wrote anything else....we don't know and never met Tex. Truly an enigma. He appeared one day and started writing a lot of us just lurked and then more and more started to write down stories, real and fictional. Queenie Jeanne Glad some more have come back and new folks have found the writings.
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Roo Dog » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:03 pm

QJ,

A pity so much was lost.
I am working up a collection of short stories, mostly based around Australia and New Guinea. A big project but I have hopes of finishing it this year.
It would be good to see Teardrop fiction come back again. Most everybody has a story or two to relate and it would be great to see some posted.
I wandered about the countryside in the 60s and 70s and lived in places where TV had not yet reared its head. Yarn spinners were abundant as were the characters associated with the more remote parts of Australia. I recorded many of their stories in abbreviated note form and this is the core of my current project.
The style of Tex is very similar to the style of some of these outback characters. There was never any hurry to relate the story and that made it all the more enjoyable for mine.
Keep writing.

Take it easy.

RD
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Tis I, Ratkity!

I have been sick for a while and took a sabbatical from lots of things. Hopefully, I'm on the mend.

Perhaps I can churn up some creative juices and write something down soon.

My heart aches at the passing of Tex.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Roo Dog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Ratkity,

It would be great to see this thread up and running again.
I hope your health returns soon.

RD :)
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Re: Teardrop TRUTH FIREWORKS

Postby Paradiseteardrop » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:49 pm

ITS 1965 AND WE. ALL 7 KIDS . HERS MINE AND OURS. WELL WE ARE AT PISMO BEACH . 4TH OF JULY AND WE HAVE FIRE CRACKERS AND HAVE A WEINER ROAST AND HAVING FUN WITH THE KIDS. KENNY KLYN KENT KIM KATHY WENDY AND TODD AND 2 NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS. I GOT OUT THE BOTTLE ROCKETS AND STARTED SHOOTING THEM UP IN TO THE FOG . THIS WENT ON FOR SOME TIME AND THEN WE HEARD THIS REALLY STRANGE NOISE AND THIS SPACE CRAFT CAME OUT OF THE FOG OVERHEAD AND LANDED RIGHT DOWN THE BEACK ABOUT A FEW HUNDRED YARDS. THEN THESE TWO ALIENS CAME OUT WITH THESE STRANGE LOOKING HELMETS WITH FACE COVERINGS. THE KIDS ARE SCREEEEMING AND CARRYING ON. THEY GET CLOSE AND FLIP UP THE SILVER LOOKING FACE SHIELDS AND ...
WELL, ITS THE COAST GUADE OUT WITH A HELICOPTER . SOMEBODY CALL IN SAID THEY SAW A DISTRESS SIGNAL OFF THE BEACH AND THEY CAME OUT TO INVESTAGATE. WE GOT A SCOLDING AND TOLD NOT TO SHOOT UP ANYMORE ROCKETS.
Paradiseteardrop
Teardrop Builder

Re: Teardrop TRUTH FIREWORKS

Postby Paradiseteardrop » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:49 pm

ITS 1965 AND WE. ALL 7 KIDS . HERS MINE AND OURS. WELL WE ARE AT PISMO BEACH . 4TH OF JULY AND WE HAVE FIRE CRACKERS AND HAVE A WEINER ROAST AND HAVING FUN WITH THE KIDS. KENNY KLYN KENT KIM KATHY WENDY AND TODD AND 2 NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS. I GOT OUT THE BOTTLE ROCKETS AND STARTED SHOOTING THEM UP IN TO THE FOG . THIS WENT ON FOR SOME TIME AND THEN WE HEARD THIS REALLY STRANGE NOISE AND THIS SPACE CRAFT CAME OUT OF THE FOG OVERHEAD AND LANDED RIGHT DOWN THE BEACK ABOUT A FEW HUNDRED YARDS. THEN THESE TWO ALIENS CAME OUT WITH THESE STRANGE LOOKING HELMETS WITH FACE COVERINGS. THE KIDS ARE SCREEEEMING AND CARRYING ON. THEY GET CLOSE AND FLIP UP THE SILVER LOOKING FACE SHIELDS AND ...
WELL, ITS THE COAST GUADE OUT WITH A HELICOPTER . SOMEBODY CALL IN SAID THEY SAW A DISTRESS SIGNAL OFF THE BEACH AND THEY CAME OUT TO INVESTAGATE. WE GOT A SCOLDING AND TOLD NOT TO SHOOT UP ANYMORE ROCKETS.
Paradiseteardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 am

Roll the forum back to 12/21 members and get rid of todays new a#% holes.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Werdahekrwe » Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 am

LMBO. :rofl2: Some of the best 'tech writing I havw read in years. Really helped me pass the time Dr's pffice w DW. Keep 'em coming.
Always remember: You can't fly with eagles if all you hang around with are turkeys.
Werdahekrwe
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic