GT/HOT BullNose

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

GT/HOT BullNose

Postby dacrazyrn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:22 pm

More progress on the GT/HOT BullNose (Get The Hell Outta Town). Awaiting the galley hinge and the stainless door hinges to arrive. Started some interior work. The cabinet doors I decided to spray with chalkboard paint for playing by the 3 year old and to label what is inside, etc. Gonna do the whole interior in Faux leather (brown and rose red packaging paper dipped in shellac and water.) Looking for the lights now, and starting electrical work.
Last edited by dacrazyrn on Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:15 pm

Crazy, I had not kept up wiyh your progress...shane on me...you are moving right along and it is looking good...I'll have to keep up on the GTHOT...
madjack 8)

p.s. to the newbies out there, this is proof positive that if you can dream it you can build it
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby dacrazyrn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:12 pm

madjack wrote:...to the newbies out there, this is proof positive that if you can dream it you can build it

Been spending all my free time on it. Put the photography on the back burner for a few. Was hopin to have it done by Nov 12 (Pheasant hunting season in these parts), but have to wait on those hinges. Didn't forsee needing them so quickly.
Gonna have fun with the trim also. Had a friend that had some old (thin) sign aluminum (in white and brown on the other) at 42" x 72". He gave it to me free, so now I have to figure out how to piece it together to look decent. I think I can take some visual clues from Doug Hodders woodie and get it to (kinda) work with aluminum and trim. I do plan to paint it black with ArmorPoxy also (trim and all). Still the plan, but may change.
Just like from the Waterboy..."You CAN do it!!!"

Still need to move that suspension back. To make it look better, but gotta check the tongue weight first (even though it is being pulled by a F150-don't wanna go over the trailers spec weight).
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby dacrazyrn » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:11 pm

A touch more progress. Having the warm weather here in CO, so out comes the trailer. I decided on how I am going to get the (FREE!) aluminum on to the sides and top.
Spent the last 2 days getting the top done and the sides started. Hopefully tomorrow will stay at the predicted 50 degrees and can finish the front.
I have had some slight "tennis elbow" for a bit, and running the hand riveter all day, so arms are killing me, but just one small amount left of that. I am liking the look of it with the rivets.
Fastenal is not open on the weekends (DAMN!), so getting my trim on is a hold off till monday. I can at least finish the siding and drill my pilot holes in the trim moulding, and possibly get it all annealed and formed to my curves. SCHEEWWWW! Keeping the fingers crossed.
Pic Link
Pic link #2
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Aluminum almost done and trim dry fit

Postby dacrazyrn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 pm

More work done today and yesterday on getting the aluminum to fit. Coming out acceptable with the rivets. Gonna add some here and there to give it continuity. Trying to decide on some thin diamond plate for the front bottom area. Have an email out to Cutsmetal.com about length of the .024 size, but no answer yet. And they are in Lakewood, CO, so I could hopefully just pick it up. Along with some lower trim to cover the rest of the trailer, after I decide on moving the axle.
Front end
Side view
These are the side trim views. I did these after I figured out and got a little practice on the front end. They came out pretty well.
Close up of side trim
Rear radius trim
Here is my crappy job at the first piece of trim. Had to start on the front to get the spacing right. May go back and do it over, but it is acceptable. I can wack it around a little more (beat the crap outta it already in some spots :D ) to get the shape even around the bottom. The seal looks like it is really tight all the way around. It is dry fit right now, so who knows.
Oooooops...Not the best on the front top trim
Closer view of front trim
Looking at getting the hatch on tomorrow (dry fit) and start deciding on what trim to use around the door opening and along the hatch area.
I am thinking of strips of aluminum and then covered with (1/2 or 3/4) aluminum trim. The thinnest I can find. Any ideas on this? How did others do it?
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:09 pm

That's looking good Tracy...I still look in amazement at you rdesign...kinda like ...If you can dream it, you can build it... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Wright » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:46 pm

Ain't November in January great Tracey?
:BE Wright

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby dacrazyrn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:52 pm

Alright! Continuing on the build...been having real nice weather. I put off yardwork till this afternoon, but more pics up.
Got the interior ready to do the treatment with brown and rose red packaging paper (dipping it in half and half shellac and water all crumpled up) to get the twotoned leather look throughout. After that the lights can go in.
Worked on the Gallery and buttoning up the rearend (ned to skin it though).
Re thought my Ice box, etc., and decided to make it smaller (enough to hold a case of beer and friends :beer: ) and make sure I had enough room for the battery and 7 gal. water tank. now to rethink on where what is going to be and the cabinets. Need to go grill shopping, and get my specs down for what I WANT (oh yeah...need money).
Pics start here...ONE...TWO...THREE...FOUR...FIVE
All covered up for another week...STUPID WORK!! :D
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby Wright » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:56 am

lookin' good there... :applause:

You're bulding a 5' width, right?

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby dacrazyrn » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Nope, it is basically 4x9 and 1 foot extra on the front (storage area)
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby Wright » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:36 am

Man that just looks bigger'n that. must be the curves going the wrong way that make it look so spacious... :lol:

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby dacrazyrn » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:09 am

I've had girlfriends like that. :wink:
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Hatch Trim and Rear End

Postby dacrazyrn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:37 pm

Another week down of working on the tear. Had Monday and Tues with 30-40 for a high, so stayed inside. Figured out how to do the hatch trim.
Got 1in trim, annealed it, screwed it on, and formed it into position. Just so you know, that crap likes to wrinkle A LOT!!. But after beatin on it and then I took it off and used a piece of 1x4 oak and got it all nice and flattened out again, lookin' good!!. Since screws would not hold it on, I had to drill out the holes a little bigger and pop rivet it on.
Well, got one or two small wrinkles to deal with after the poly window sealant I used to waterproof it, dries. It has a good week to do that anyway, as I go back to work again for a week. then maybe off to Moab, UT for a few days to take pictures.
Put up new pics of the trimwork. Also one of the rearend, this time skinned and possible light placement.
ONE...TWO...THREE...FOUR
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

July 07, 2006-Galley progress

Postby dacrazyrn » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:30 am

Been at it here and there...after the Alreco fiasco, I went ahead and just did what I figured would work anyway and did some more riveting (pics later) and finished the front and may add a smaller piece of diamond plate later. May just add more rivets in other places to balance out the look...maybe.
Been working on the Galley. Almost done. All the wiring is in and works!! Gotta make my butcher block, do the cabinet doors, FIND some more black floor tile!, do the hatch interior and place the light, and do the finish to the (galvanized) metal and coat it. I found some Duplicolor clear paint that is made to cover wheels and rims. Figured that has to be some pretty strong stuff, plus it gives a "grainy" matte-like look to it. This picture of the small access door that I trialed the look on. The backsplash also is done, just needs another coat or two.
The other pics (Full view, Stove extended, Stove extended-with stove, Small table extended (this was an accident, but works), Passenger side, Under the passenger side (water tank, battery(ies), converter, storage area)) show the rest of some of the progress.
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:59 am

...details, deatails, details...ain't they just a killer :? ....Tracy, I like the galley style..."industrial" is cool :thumbsup: ...is all of that done with aluminum or???
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Next

Return to Member Designs