Teardrop idea

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

Teardrop idea

Postby CMC » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Does anyone know of a 5x11 or 5x12 build plan for a teardrop build. I need to have more room due to our big dogs and some of my limitations. I want to use some room between the bed and the gall to build a kennel for my service dog. Any help would be appreciated.

Curtis
Finally the build has started. Oversized Off-road Benroy (Military Themed)
CMC
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Teardrop idea

Postby dlcunningham » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:16 pm

I pretty much use the freebie generic Benroy plans as a "guide" and use this forum for ideas and modify things as I go. I'm about 40% complete and it's really been an easy project. I also have the Camping Classics manual by Steve Frederick but don't use it very often. So - "you don't need no stinking plans!"
dlcunningham
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CMC » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Oh I need plans. If I didn't then somehow it wouldn't look right. Walls would be where they shouldn't and I would have a pool when it rains.
Finally the build has started. Oversized Off-road Benroy (Military Themed)
CMC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby citylights » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:23 pm

CMC wrote:Oh I need plans. If I didn't then somehow it wouldn't look right. Walls would be where they shouldn't and I would have a pool when it rains.

The generic benroy is plans for a 5 x 8 tear. I am building from those plans extended to a 5 x 10. Same thing, just 2 foot longer. Check the design library, there are quite a few partial plans and profiles. Those and the generic benroy plans and you could have just about any teardrop you can imagine. (Check design resources tab above.)
citylights
500 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 pm

CMC wrote:Oh I need plans. If I didn't then somehow it wouldn't look right. Walls would be where they shouldn't and I would have a pool when it rains.

teardrops are not that hard to make don't be hard on your self. My first trailer had no plans and my second one is out of my head as well.
By studying different trailers and the builds you will find they are quite simple.

But if you need help you may find someone in your town who belongs to our group or is handy with wood. You might look at making an upper section for them. Most service dogs have spent part of their training in small cages to get them use to usual or uncomfortable places. They are can adapt to things very quickly.

They could live in spaces above your feet so your trailer would not have to be longer and you could have a cabinet between them for your stuff.

Hope this helps

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 am

I Just made a Poll on A/C units so over time or as you get closer to you build you can look at this

Ron :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Sketch up designs