Potty Question

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Potty Question

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:14 pm

cheri832 wrote:BobHenry,
After seeing your walker tables, you inspired me to look at my neighborhood thrift store for ideas. I found a "bedside commode" with the push button adjustable legs (that come out for easy packing). It has support arms, Holds up to 350 lbs, adjustable height, works with bags, and all breaks down to fit in a 24" x 24" x 6" bag I made (that also holds my popup). I would never have thought of it without seeing some of your ideas. And the best part.... It cost me $12. :D

I'm sorry to jump in on your conversation but all of you are becoming a part of my life.... even though I mostly read about your adventures.
Cheri

BobHenry adds the spice to camping life! :D

(Bob, I didn't get pitched off...the dagnabid thing broke and I went right down into the contents!)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby kirkman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
After seeing your walker tables, you inspired me to look at my neighborhood thrift store for ideas. I found a "bedside commode" with the push button adjustable legs (that come out for easy packing). It has support arms, Holds up to 350 lbs, adjustable height, works with bags, and all breaks down to fit in a 24" x 24" x 6" bag I made (that also holds my popup). I would never have thought of it without seeing some of your ideas. And the best part.... It cost me $12. :D

I'm sorry to jump in on your conversation but all of you are becoming a part of my life.... even though I mostly read about your adventures.
Cheri

BobHenry adds the spice to camping life! :D

(Bob, I didn't get pitched off...the dagnabid thing broke and I went right down into the contents!)

Bob always has the common scene answer for almost every situation. I always value his opinion. Because it is usually the right one
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 am

AwW ShUcKs GuYS !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: Potty Questionr

Postby razorback » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:08 pm

I have the pett system. bought it in 2007. When using the td I set it up in my shower tent. when using the Scotty we use it inside.
Very sturdy.
the chemical inside abosorbs up to 8 times its weight in water. EPA approved for dumping.
We really like not having to clean up a bucket or having to dump units that require cleaning.
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rowerwet » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 am

we use a 5 gallon bucket with a snap on seat and 3 or so inches of soft wood pellets in it. then we burn the pellets in the fire, no smells other than pine, it works for liquids just fine
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:04 am

We ended up buying the same type of marine porta potty we have used on our boats. It is working just fine for us and no problem to dump and clean, since it's a routine we're used to. Too many conflicting reviews of the PET and since it was expensive and I didn't have any personal experience with it I decided to go with what was familiar.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby nhstt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 am

rowerwet wrote:we use a 5 gallon bucket with a snap on seat and 3 or so inches of soft wood pellets in it. then we burn the pellets in the fire, no smells other than pine, it works for liquids just fine

sounds great :shock: snap on lid? any pictures?
nhstt
Teardrop Master

Postby rowerwet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:50 pm

it is just the standard http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products ... oilet+seat I got it at Cabella's but could have gotten it cheaper using wallyworld site to store with free shipping. soft wood pellets are left over from heating my old house with pellets, we use them for cat litter now also, works great for that also as they don't track everywhere.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:44 pm

you can see it tucked into one side of my wifes door tent, I had to hike around from my side when I needed it...
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby ae6black » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:40 pm

I think getting up in the middle of the night is most inconvienent particularly in a td. Since i have to drink a glass of water with medication I generaly have to get up at least once during the night. My cheap fix for this situation though rather crude does workquite well. I just have a laundry detergent bottle that I cut the neck insert out of making sure not to damage the threads of the cap. These empty bottles are quite sturdy and with the screw on cap dont leak if they fall over. For exta insurance that the jug doesnt leak I gennerally have it sitting in an old disguarded sauce pan that sits in a small compartment reserved just for this. Although not used every night it has saved me a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night on a few occasion. Clean up in the morning is quite simple. Drain and then rinse out in the morning in the campground bathroom with some dish detergent. Most people are not going to suspect that what you have in the jug isnt laundry soap. I ve found that if you leave a little dish washing liquid in the jug there is no oder even after months of not being used and sitting in the storage compartment attached in front of my td. Obviously not for the ladies but it has saved me getting up on more than one occasion. At my age when you have to go youve got to go. Since I generally camp alone this works for me.
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Cheri

I'm not Bob; but, I'm glad you're enjoying your visits to the forum. Congrats on your $12 find! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tac422 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 am

Here's a pix of our solution. (Luggable loo )
Big Pink is a standie, so it fits inside.
Attachments
do-do3.jpg
do-do3.jpg (21.03 KiB) Viewed 9164 times
tac422
500 Club

Postby Patti » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 am

We bought the porta pot pictured at the top of this thread. Fortunately I insisted we open it and test it for strength and comfort in our den, and now we are returning the thing.

The legs are SHORT. I'm 5'7" and my husband is 6'1" so maybe we're just too tall for it, but that was enough for me to know it had to go back.

Then when we tried to fold it back up, my husband had to use channel-locks to press the hard plastic tab so the legs would fold in without taking off a thumbnail. Yikes! Too much trouble.

We bought this one in November 2014. YMMV!
Patti
Teardrop Builder

Postby coyote » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am

We've got the luggable lu also! I stack a second 5 gal bucket underneath. It raises it a few inches, I suppose like the 7 gal, but I have unlimited access to the5 gal size :lol: ( it sure helps the darlin' brides replaced knees)
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:34 am

I like that idea.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Secrets