Getting New Teardrop NW Twerp trailer

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Getting New Teardrop NW Twerp trailer

Postby SBergeron » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 pm

HI all! I'm Stephanie in Vancouver WA. My husband Mark and I are new to teardropping but not new to camping. We got a trailer this past May 2013. It was really quirky we had some issues and the manufacturer is making a new one for us right now and we will be picking it up in about a week! We went down to the Teardrops NW company last weekend and test fitted the mattress, checked out the process and were impressed. I'm so excited!!

So-We still went camping about 11 times between Mother's Day and Labor day in the original trailer and had a blast but we did have to make several adjustments to the trailer to make it work out for us.

We still have 3 more trips planned so the new trailer will get it's breaking in period this season!!

The new trailer is still a 4x6.5' but it is so much roomier with a deeper curve to both the galley and the head of the bed area.

These were all taken on 9/7/13 and we should be picking it up by 9/20/13 just in time for our 29th anniversary trip to Leavenworth WA!
Cheers all!
Stephanie
Picked up our New Teardrop Sashay from from Teardrops NW in Salem Or September 20, 2013!
On location in Goldendale at the full sized Replica Stonehenge.
SBergeron
Teardrop Builder

Re: Getting New Teardrop NW Twerp trailer

Postby working on it » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I must be missing something here:
twerp
noun \ˈtwərp\

: someone who is stupid or annoying
Looks like nice trailer to me; why twerp?
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Getting New Teardrop NW trailer--Edited now Bush Baby!

Postby SBergeron » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 pm

You put your finger on something that was bothering me about the name. It is the name that the company is calling this size. I'd love for them to get a different name for it. I'm trying to come up with one. They were even calling it a pipsqueak earlier this year.

It is going to be beautiful when all is said and done. It is going to be clear coated anodized aluminum with a diamond plate rock guard on the lower front. Black and silver doors, black trim and a black diamond plate tongue box.

Thanks for the comment,
Stephanie

EDITED TO ADD:

Looks like the name is going to be changing! The owner was thinking that Twerp meant small and persistent. Now he knows more about the word and agrees that isn't the image he wants for this trailer model. It is possibly going to be the Bush Baby! A much better name as this is such a cute little trailer just like a cute bush baby.
Picked up our New Teardrop Sashay from from Teardrops NW in Salem Or September 20, 2013!
SBergeron
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mary C » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Welcome, Stephanie, that is a cute small trailer , sorry you had issues I am building my own and anyone can have issues, I am having my own set of issues now. The main thing is to know we have all had issues. We just camp on!
Again welcome.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 am

Welcome Stepahnie!

LOL the name the "twerp" reminds me of a Mexican restaurant I used to go to. I just wanted a bean and rice burrito that they named the "El Cheapo." No thanks, no chips with that, no, no meat, no, no drink... Just the "El Cheapo." It was so embarrassing I stopped eating there. :R

Looking forward to more pictures of your trailer and adventures!
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cjkrause » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 am

Twerp :rofl:
for me it meant a small annoying little jerk of a kid kind of like dennis the mennis
an insignificant and contemptible person. (slang dictionary definition)

looks like a great TD to me from the pics really awesome
love that you can see it being made
how much are they
Son's Memorial Webpage- http://www.mem.com/ContentDisplay.aspx?ID=9309868

CJs Performance- Trifecta Tuning Dealer since July 2006. Oldest and most active dealer for Vince to this day
Click here for- http://cjsperformance.com/]CJs Performance and Original Texas Headskins

cjkrause
Teardrop Advisor

Trailer has been renamed!!! it is the Sashay!

Postby SBergeron » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 pm

These are a couple photos from Thursday Sept 19th.
Sean working on the edge trim and showing off the galley with the cool carving on the shelf lip that Bill the owner made specially for us on his computerized CNC machine. So pretty!
At this point still getting all the hatch seals but it is almost ready!

We went and picked up the finished trailer late Friday (September 20th) We love our new trailer!!! It's final name from the manufacturer is the Sashay! Loving the new name and the though of dancing along in life!
I'll be posting photos from our 29th anniversary trip to Leavenworth WA that we took this weekend in our new teardrop. :)
SBergeron
Teardrop Builder

Postby SBergeron » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks Stacie, CJ and Mary!

We are already having a blast! We went out for a weekend trip to Leavenworth WA in our new trailer this past weekend. It was lovely, so roomy too. I love the galley and the cabinets in the sleeping area. I go to design them the way I wanted and they worked! Teardrops Northwest in Salem Oregon has been working on building a quality product and has moved forward by leaps and bounds in just a few months. WE are hoping for many years of fun camping trips in this sweet little trailer!

The photo in my signature is the first one that my husband has edited from our trip this weekend.

There will be more to come. :) Next weekend it the Fall Brigade in Mulino Oregon. That is going to be a chance to share our new trailer at the last local gathering of the year!

Stephanie
SBergeron
Teardrop Builder

Postby PKCSPT » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:55 am

What a cute trailer, and the name is so fun sounding. Sashay

Have fun Sashaying around
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 pm

It looks good and the new name is much better. I look forward to seeing your pictures! :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Lady Teardroppers