rainy days

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

rainy days

Postby veeaygal » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:37 am

hi everyone,
I'm new to teardrops...have yet to use the one we just got - but am wondering what to do with wet clothes from those rainy days? I used to just hang them inside my tent, but that's not going to work - ?
veeaygal
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JIML1943 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:47 am

Sounds to me like you need an ez up or some kind of shelter to hang them up in.Hope you enjoy your new rig. Wife and i just took ours out for first time last week for 3 nights,sure beats a tent.
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 am

Hiya Vee, ther are no problems that haven't been addressed and most of them solved...checkout this post and follow the various links init for just some of the solutions....by the way, welcome to the board also...got any pics to show us...we really do luv da pics 'round heah :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Joseph » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 am

Never really experienced it so haven't thought about it. If they're thoroughly soaked I'd robably put them in a plastic bag and either wait for dry weather or if the rain is to be prolonged, head for the nearest laundry and dry them. If they're just damp, I have a couple of hooks inside my teardrop I can hang them from.

Of course, the trick is staying dry in the first place. 8)

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby veeaygal » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:11 am

Thanks ya'll, still learning how to use the forum...

The annuall camping event I go to allows me a very limited "footprint" so can't do a big sunroom thing, but I do plan to rig up some kind of small tarp situation for the kitchen area.

I'm going to a weekend event next month and I hear it usually rains... though if I plan for rain it probably won't, right?

I have one photo I'll try to get up. We are not "handy" people so bought our Lil Demon from a dealer. I'm changing the name to lil Angel though as there's no way I'm dragging a demon around behind me...

[quote="madjack"]Hiya Vee, ther are no problems that haven't been addressed and most of them solved...checkout [url=http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=8413&highlight=]this post[/url] and follow the various links init for just some of the solutions....by the way, welcome to the board also...got any pics to show us...we really do luv da pics 'round heah :D ;)
madjack 8)[/quote] ;)
veeaygal
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joseph » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:53 am

veeaygal wrote:The annuall camping event I go to allows me a very limited "footprint" so can't do a big sunroom thing, but I do plan to rig up some kind of small tarp situation for the kitchen area.

I had one custom made by Canvas Replacements:

Mine is 4x12 but you can have it made any size you like.

Regarding the Sportz Tent - frankly, I don't see much point in moving up to a teardrop only to have to keep messing with setting up a tent, but obviously a lot of folks don't mind.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby veeaygal » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:59 am

That's really cute Joseph, so much nicer than just a tarp - I'll check it out, thanks
veeaygal
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kajamelu4 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:41 pm

On the inside of my Camp-Inn, just in front of the inside cabinets, toward the galley, are small coat hooks on both sides. I went to Target and bought the clothes rod for in your car, and hung it up from these hooks. If we are camping somewhere that doesn't allow clothes lines, or if the weather is bad, we hang our bath towels there. I wouldn't hang things that are really wet and drippy on that however. And when my air conditioner is on, we push everything to the side so as not to block the air flow. I also bought small plastic baskets with built in handle hooks to add extra small storage that we hang on there. Works for me!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Re: rainy days

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:24 pm

veeaygal wrote:hi everyone,
I'm new to teardrops...have yet to use the one we just got - but am wondering what to do with wet clothes from those rainy days? I used to just hang them inside my tent, but that's not going to work - ?

I've installed a clothes line (same as a hotel shower clothes line). It runs from side to side in the teardrop. I think I got it at Lowes.
:thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:08 pm

kajamelu4 wrote:On the inside of my Camp-Inn, just in front of the inside cabinets, toward the galley, are small coat hooks on both sides. I went to Target and bought the clothes rod for in your car, and hung it up from these hooks. If we are camping somewhere that doesn't allow clothes lines, or if the weather is bad, we hang our bath towels there. I wouldn't hang things that are really wet and drippy on that however. And when my air conditioner is on, we push everything to the side so as not to block the air flow. I also bought small plastic baskets with built in handle hooks to add extra small storage that we hang on there. Works for me!

Karol

I went to Dollar Tree today , and saw some of those baskets. Didn't buy any though, but yours is one idea that I totally remember from Beavers Bend and want to plan on mine.

BTW... how's your daddy and brother doing? Good , I hope. I got my spars tonite..... might actually get the sides on *finally* tonite.

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:35 pm

I've picked up some of these Stainless Steel folding hooks.

And I'm planning on picking up some "gear hammocks". You can store stuff in them, or use them to dry damp clothes.

Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:58 pm

Ken, where did you get those? the folding hooks ?
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:28 pm

I picked them up (most of my parts to date) on eBay..

I bought them a while ago, but I think the seller still stocks them. I'm not at home, but will send you the ebay sellers link.
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:14 pm

I got some folding hooks at a marine supply store. They fold flush when not in use.

I have them on both sides. I put them up with wood glue, one side came off and it now has a screw anchor plus glue.

I also got some folding cup holders at the same time which work very nicely.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby kajamelu4 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:41 am

Wow Ken, I love those folding hooks. Great idea, and out of the way too!!

Julie, Dad has taken another turn for the worse, but brother is much better. (Dad will probably be back in the hospital before the week is over.)
Saw your pics. Looking good! :thumbsup:

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Return to Camping Secrets