Great. I'll add you to the list.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Loyd Park - Grand Prairie Dec 13-15 Christmas Gathering

Postby Tiny Tow » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi,

Well, we almost cancelled. All of a sudden, no exterior lights on the trailer.
But, got the rear ones fixed, so that will work as far as keeping the law away.
Now, the cold!!! Wherever the fire is at night, I may need to run an extension cord to my mother (heating blanket), in order to keep her outside!!
I'm not kidding!!

See you guys soon.
Tiny Tow
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Glad you guys are still coming! I think Cindy (Dave's) did the heating blanket one year too! HAH! Also, check out those insolses that you stick inside your shoes that heat up! Cindy (Marks') showed me those and she would put them in her back pants pockets too which I thought was a cool idea!

If you ever have another light issue or emergency, my flatbed trailer has those magnetic temporary lights that you get from the hardware store and they work so well, they have become my permanent lights and have never bounced off (Don't get the Harbor Freight version, they will fall off). They are super easy to install.. Slap the magnetic lights on your metal bumper and they are ON... zip tie the wires to the under carriage, then plug into your regular connector on the car! In a pinch when I bought the Prowler, I just wrapped the extra slack of wire around the camper door knob and drove home safe and legal! Might be a good idea to have a set stashed in the camper just in case if you have a metal bumper! ! :thumbsup:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby AceMan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:56 am

1. I did not send down your cold weather from Chicago :lol: 2. I was planning on leaving for the gathering on Tuesday but with this winter storm and frigid temps I may be stuck in Illinois until things clear up. It is hard enough driving with snow and ice but with a trailer in tow may be a bit much. Maybe someone could give me a heads up concerning traveling on the Texas roads in a few days. I plan on taking the Little Rock, Texarkana route.

Trying my best to make it to the party!
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:15 am

AceMan wrote:1. I did not send down your cold weather from Chicago :lol: 2. I was planning on leaving for the gathering on Tuesday but with this winter storm and frigid temps I may be stuck in Illinois until things clear up. It is hard enough driving with snow and ice but with a trailer in tow may be a bit much. Maybe someone could give me a heads up concerning traveling on the Texas roads in a few days. I plan on taking the Little Rock, Texarkana route.

Will do, Right now the roads where I am are OK but bridges are frozen, luckily things are looking very promising so far and Texas warms up fast so unless there is another storm you should be good. We are "predicting" sunny Tues-Thurs with temps rising fast, I am expecting a nice chilly day and a warm fire at night!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 am

Tiny Tow wrote:Hi,

Well, we almost cancelled. All of a sudden, no exterior lights on the trailer.
But, got the rear ones fixed, so that will work as far as keeping the law away.
Now, the cold!!! Wherever the fire is at night, I may need to run an extension cord to my mother (heating blanket), in order to keep her outside!!
I'm not kidding!!

See you guys soon.

Glad you didn't cancel and you got the lights working.

We can run an extension cord to your mother if we need to but we usually build a big enough fire that people have to scoot back a bit :lol:

The forecast is looking better for next weekend than this one :thumbsup: . But then almost anything is better than 20 degrees and ice :lol:
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 am

AceMan wrote:1. I did not send down your cold weather from Chicago :lol: 2. I was planning on leaving for the gathering on Tuesday but with this winter storm and frigid temps I may be stuck in Illinois until things clear up. It is hard enough driving with snow and ice but with a trailer in tow may be a bit much. Maybe someone could give me a heads up concerning traveling on the Texas roads in a few days. I plan on taking the Little Rock, Texarkana route.

Since the bad weather did not show up on camping weekend we won't blame you this time. :lol:

Sure hope you have a safe trip down. The roads around here will be clear by the weekend.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby AceMan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks concerning your confidence of the Texas road conditions next week. Now I have to worry about conditions in Southern Ill and thru Little Rock.
I was watching the SMU game today and it looked like the stadium was empty. I am guessing it is due to weather :thinking:

Still hoping to be down there on time.(May be pushed to Friday) I assume that there will be spots available upon arrival.
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:39 am

AceMan wrote:Thanks concerning your confidence of the Texas road conditions next week. Now I have to worry about conditions in Southern Ill and thru Little Rock.
I was watching the SMU game today and it looked like the stadium was empty. I am guessing it is due to weather :thinking:

Still hoping to be down there on time.(May be pushed to Friday) I assume that there will be spots available upon arrival.

Gene, the forecast is calling for a warming trend here with highs in the 50's on Friday and Saturday. :thumbsup: When I looked at the park last time there were plenty of sites available in the area we are in. I don't think anyone is getting there before Friday.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby aprazr56 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:03 am

Well, we are having to stay home again for this function. We have #133 and the 1st night is paid for if anyone would like to use it (Thursday 12-12-13) and will be open for anyone the rest of the gathering.

We went to the trailer to 'winterize' it and when I undid the drain valve for the water heater...POOF.....stripped it out :shock: .

Anyhow, everyone have a great time and enjoy for us !!

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year ! :D

~Blessings~
Gregg & Cheri
aprazr56
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodyperk6 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:34 am

We're planning on cooking omelets in a bag on Saturday morning for breakfast. :thumbsup:
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TexasBill » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:41 pm

What do you need for Louisa and I to bring for the Breakfast?
We are bring a Salad and Becon Wrapped asparagus for Saturday dinner. :Flippin Burger:
I do not have any fire wood to bring :(
:pinktear:
Are we having FUN yet?
TexasBill and Louisa
TexasBill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby M C Toyer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:59 pm

All I know how to cook is beans so will have that for Saturday potluck.
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby 2bits » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Woody, let me know what I can bring for the breakfast too, I can bring a 30 pack of eggs if you don't already have them... ?

Yikes, I need to start thinking about the pot luck, this one crept up on me!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central