Mille Lacs Kathio State Park 2-4 May 2014 (Minnesota)

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Mille Lacs Kathio State Park 2-4 May 2014 (Minnesota)

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:49 am

OK. At Gull Lake this past weekend some of us discussed what we will be doing this spring. It looks like there is some interest in camping at Mille Lacs Kathio State Park again this coming May. It is a very nice park and they let us use their Trail Center for free if the weather is bad (they even got their wood burning stove going for us last year). Anyone else interested in camping at MKSP in May? Here is the link:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/ ... index.html

Cooler Near the Lake is at the end of April so this shouldn't interfere with that event. Let me know when in May you can make it.
Last edited by TPMcGinty on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Re: Mille Lacs Kathio State Park May 2014? (Minnesota)

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 am

I have also camp with the local Fiberglass Camper group (I call them Eggheads) and since they have the same philosophy concerning camping I decided to ask them if they wanted to join us for this small gathering. I thought it would be fun to get the two groups together. So far here are the people that have expressed interest in camping at Mille Lacs Kathio in May:

Cheryl, Tim, and Parker -- (Tearjerker) Site 38e -- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Chuck and Carol -- (Tearjerker) Site 46e
Karen -- (Tearjerker) Site ?
Josh J -- (Tearjerker) Site ?
Lil, Ruthie, and Farley -- (Tearjerker and Egghead) Site 36e -- Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Brown Rice & Black Beans
Greg and Linda -- (Tearjerker) Site 44e
Pat, Nancy, Snow, and BooBoo -- (Tearjerker) Site 42e -- broccoli slaw
Briana and Levi -- (Tearjerker) Site ?
Lori and Jim -- (Tearjerker) Site 48e
Cory from the UK -- Site 48e
Toby and Sue -- (Tearjerker) Site ?
Paul V. -- (Tearjerker) Site 51
Nancy and Fred -- (Egghead) Site 43e
Gary and Dot -- (Egghead) Site 34e -- cast-iron-dutch-oven-cooked baked beans
Diane and David -- (Egghead) Site 49
Lyndon and bride -- (Egghead) Site 40e
Dan and Sue -- (Eggheads) Site 47e -- chocolate chip cookies
Dennis and Judy -- (Egghead) Site ?
Pete and Jacki -- (Egghead) Site 41e
Pat, Joanne and Elizabeth -- (Egghead) Site 52
Tami, Anne, Cupcake and Annie -- (Egghead) Site ?
Bernie and Ginny -- (Egghead) Site ?
Jerry Bentler -- (Egghead) Site ?
John & Nancy -- (Egghead) Site 37E
Luc Riezebos -- (Egghead) Site ?

If anyone else is interested let me know. I will update this list as people express I interest or drop out. Have a great winter!
Last edited by TPMcGinty on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:00 am, edited 22 times in total.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Re: Mille Lacs Kathio State Park 2-4 May 2014 (Minnesota)

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:41 am

OK. A decision has been made. It seems like there is more reason to camp from 2-4 May than the rest of the month. If anyone can't make these dates, I'm sorry. When you make reservations, let me know what campsite you have. I will keep track of this information. Have a great day!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 pm

It was pointed out at the Tearjerker's forum that I didn't specify which campground we will be using.

We will be staying in the Petaga Campground. There isn't any particular area of the Petaga Campground that we will be using. More than likely we will be concentrating in the area with the electric sites (sites 27e-48e). If you would like a non-electric site that's ok too. It's not a long walk from one side to the other.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:00 am

Wow! The reservable electric sites are filling up fast! There are only 2 still available. There are 7 first come first serve sites too. Sign up soon if you want a reservable electric site!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:49 am

Well it looks like this Gathering is going International. We will be having a friend of Lori's from the United Kingdom joining our little get together! Welcome Cory!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:32 am

Wow! The list is up to 23 interested campers for this (not so) little gathering. This will be fun!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:01 am

During the potluck we will be having on Saturday afternoon, I have decided that we will be having a little drawing for a Coleman 220H lantern that I have laying around. I am currently unable to upload a photo of it for some reason. Lil has said that she has some Camping Bumper Stickers that she would like to include in the drawing. If anyone else has something they would like to contribute, please bring it along. BY NO MEANS does this mean that you have to bring something to give away. Everyone will be included in the drawing whether or not you have brought something. I am doing this just to have a little fun and variety for our pot luck. I will also bring some games to play. The fiberglass camping group that is joining us also has some musicians that like to bring there instruments to play and sing, so if you want to join them, please do.

Also on Saturday we will have trailer tours at about noon. If you would like to see other peoples trailers or share yours with the group please do.

If anyone else has any ideas for things to do during our stay in the Mille Lacs area, let me know.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 01, 2014 10:47 am

I've got some sad news. Our fellow Tearjerker's, Gary and Cheri, will be unable to make it to this gathering due to a death in the family. They have called the park and made arrangements with them to give their camping spot (35E) to the first people checking in with either a Teardrop or Scamp type trailer and no previous reservations. Whoever gets there first will get a FREE two night stay because I believe the reservation is for just Friday and Saturday nights. If you are arriving today you will have to pay for one night. It will be interesting to see who gets 35E.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Return to North Central