Restroom Issues

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Restroom Issues

Postby TinyOnly » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:17 pm

Were new to this site and don't have a tear drop as of yet but thinking about buying one. We going to rent one in July and travel for a week to see if we like the trailer. The queen size bed is a must along with the light weight. The price is right the only issue is no toilet! I'm sure that all of you on this site have come up with solutions to this issue. We would like to hear those solutions to help make up our minds on wheather to purchase one or not. The wife gets up one or twice a night to use the restroom currently. I don't care to much for the idea of her getting out of the trailer in the middle of the night and going. There's no room inside for a portable john. Me being a male I don't have a problem I can use any kind of container to do my job.

Any and all suggestions, what you do about this problem would greatly be appreciated.

Sincerely Yours
Robert & Lorna Williams
Bakersfield, California

:thinking:
Robert & Lorna Williams
TinyOnly
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davel » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:29 pm

Cindy and I use this.

We use a little Hassock type portapotty with a plastic bag and diaper to absorb the liquid. We gave up on chemicals they smell worse than the other.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:37 pm

Tiny Only
Welcome and enjoy. :)

I use these when I go canoeing. They are practical when getting out isn't convient.
8)
http://whenyougottago.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=pee&Product_Code=FR02

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby emiller » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:45 pm

8)
Seams like 90% of the time we camp in a State, County or Federal park where there are restrooms and sometimes showers. Other than that we put up a Cabelas privacy shelter for our pota poti and changing room.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Micro469 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:50 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Tiny Only
Welcome and enjoy. :)

I use these when I go canoeing. They are practical when getting out isn't convient.
8)
http://whenyougottago.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=pee&Product_Code=FR02

Miriam

Wouldn't these work better in a canoe??
http://whenyougottago.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=pee&Product_Code=SH01

:roll: :oops:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby WarPony » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:29 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!!! If I ever see a girl whip out a 12-inch, golden dong on the river, I'll probably turn around and head back up :frightened: !!!
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:41 pm

Tiny, welcome to the board....the most common solution is a privacy tent of one kind or another...Cablea's has a nice one and most all sporting good outlets such as Sportsmans Guide, Academy, Campers World and even Wall Mart sell them...they work nicely for potty tents, changing rooms and even shower rooms...they generally sell for 30-100 bucks and many have made their own such as DaveL's
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby thobbs » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:10 pm

thobbs
Teardrop Master

Postby MyTear » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:06 pm

I camp with two kids. Though I'm not one to get up in the middle of the night, I generally try to get as close to the RR facilities as I can, just in case. But one of the reasons I got a teardrop was so I wouldn't have to deal with the disposal of such dealings. I've heard people say that having two doors is preferable when the person you're teardropping with needs to get up in the middle of the night.
Peace,
MyTear
MyTear
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Restroom Issues

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:21 pm

TinyOnly wrote: The wife gets up one or twice a night to use the restroom currently. I don't care to much for the idea of her getting out of the trailer in the middle of the night and going. There's no room inside for a portable john. Me being a male I don't have a problem I can use any kind of container to do my job.

Any and all suggestions, what you do about this problem would greatly be appreciated.

Sincerely Yours
Robert & Lorna Williams
Bakersfield, California

:thinking:

I agree with an attached tent area when possible, and the use of disposibles when it just isn't.

As for the embarrassing stuff---not real practical. ;)

There are also small porta potty's that work in small area's but the "Pooh Powder" for them is expensive. They are however sanitary and smell resistant.
Here's something different:
http://safetycentral.com/safetycentral/sanitation1.html

This site has potty tents and a bunch of other stuff you might find useful.

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:29 pm

Robert & Lorna--

That is one of the reasons we wanted two doors on our TD. She gets up in the middle of the night and I take the dog for a walk early in the morning. We always have a flashlight at the ready and always camp where there are facilities nearby.
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Kevin A » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:41 pm

I still like this option, just need to set up a small shelter over it to provide a bit of privacy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby asianflava » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:51 pm

I thought I saw an outhouse/shower at Wally World. I just passed by because I was in a hurry.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:32 pm

I still like the bumper dumper..someone is going to get rich on that idea.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:57 pm

Asianflava I just bough that one at Wally world $38 and change for a nice private privy , its abot 4x4 and sets up easy......
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion