Color Wheel for The Color Challenged

Anything electric, AC or DC

Color Wheel for The Color Challenged

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:13 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is color blind. I see lots of colors just not always the same as everyone else. I was crossing brown wires with green wires so I did a search and found this great color wheel. http://www.cs.niu.edu/~mcintire/webbook ... lBrown.gif
I printed it and used it close up at all the problem colors and wallah all my highway lights work. :thumbsup: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Ira » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:46 pm

This reminds me of a philosphical debate.

And since no one else who's color-blind has jumped in here, let's keep this thread alive anyway.

I know that color-blind folks (is that only men, or mostly men?) have trouble distinguishing slight differences in color, but who's to say what's correct? It's interpretation.

Like, I perceive a hamburger to taste like a hamburger--but to someone else, it might taste like a lobster would taste to ME. Perceptions of taste can vary WIDELY from person to person, and although the components of the food item doesn't change, how we each perceive those components differ.

Can you tell that I'm tryng to kill some time before leaving for a few beers--I mean for lunch?
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:38 pm

Hi Ira, I'll have to agree with you some what. I'm considered color blind because the vast majority see colors the same & not my way. My mom always said that I must see something very colorful since I have a good eye for things. I have meet two sisters that were more color blind than I am but it is considered a male defect in the eyes.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby asianflava » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:22 am

A buddy of mine used to install car stereo professionally, he used to work at our shop but moved on to bigget and better installs. Did a lot of installs for the Orlando Magic players (they did one of Shaq's suburbans). I worked with for a long time before I found out that he was color blind.

He was installing an alarm in a car (alarms have tons of wires) and he calls me over and asks, "What color is this wire?"
I was like, "You're kidding right?"
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mightypan42 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Men aren't generally colorblind... we just have fewer colors to choose from.

I do well enough with primary colors, secondary colors, black, white, and brown :D
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Boys Color Blind

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:52 am

8) From the Electrical Secrets thread...... ;)

In my many years of teaching I have only had color blind boys. The amount and varying degree of colors they could or could not distinguish was pretty eye opening for me as an educator. Things like finding patterns, reading maps, especially those with countries coded by color, was a real difficulty for them. But one of them had a color sighting that was fantastic when they took him deer hunting. Apparently the deer hiding in the meadows, fields, etc. popped out to his eyes in a color he called "orange" and he'd be the first to point out where the buck was standing before the adult males ever saw it. Now this guy is all grown up and guess what he does for a living? He's a local hunting guide-with great success I might add.

:R TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby GregB » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:03 pm

Color blindness or, more accurately, color perception sensitivity, is found in about 10 percent of males and is rare in females. Typically, it involves the red-green combination and rarely the yellow-blue combination. :SG
Other classical male perception sensitivity shortcomings follow:

"Look Honey! I can still fit into,...HUNHHN!,... my old football uniform!"

"Let's see where are those 30" waist Levi's?" followed by, "Where's my belt, I had it here just a sec,... oh, I'm still wearing it."

"Oh yeah, sweetie, those look MUCH better than the pants you usually wear!"

"Shhh! Can you move out of the way? The game's on." :MLAS
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:25 pm

"Let's see where are those 30" waist Levi's?" followed by, "Where's my belt, I had it here just a sec,... oh, I'm still wearing it."
Somehow I still wear 30 levis just as I did in High School 40 years + ago. :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby fornesto » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 pm

So why can't I hang a picture level? This also seems to be a male defect. :lol:
fornesto
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:04 pm

:lol: ya left out gray/green. Mike thinks his gray sweat shirt is green. He loves green. He also knows to tell the Eye doctor the reverse. Seems to only be certain shades.

Men can't hang pictures straight cause deep down inside they know gravity will take over. A lesson learned earlier in boys than most girls. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (well it's almost a joke)

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Bigwoods » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Just as a side note, I had moderate success correcting color blindness with a contact lens called X-Chrome. It is a red tinted rigid contact lens. Kinda unsightly on the eye, so I started tinting the center of a soft contact with a red dot, about 4 mm. in diameter. Worked about 60% of the time, and barely noticeable. Several pilots wore the lens to pass their ground light test.
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby Ira » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Greg, you left out another one, more common to women:

"Does this dress make my ass look fat, honey?"

"No dear, your ASS makes your ass look fat."

Hey, it's not my fault--she ASKED.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby cracker39 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:55 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:
Somehow I still wear 30 levis just as I did in High School 40 years + ago. :lol: :lol:

Me too...if I don't have to zip them up.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:13 pm

sanitized for your pleasureImage
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby stjohn » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:51 pm

I have been in 30 inch pants since the 8th grade my legs are 28 inchs,but it reminds me of a good story
Man and a woman are on thier honeymoon the man takes off his pants and throws them to his wife and says try those on she puts them on and says they are way too big for me , he replyed thats right and do not forget
it she sets there a moment and takes off her panties throws them to him and says try them on he gets them about to his knees a says I can't get in them ! she replies with a smile"thats right and your not going to until you change your attitude" :lol: :lol:
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets