Tyler State Park - March 21-23

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Tyler State Park - March 21-23

Postby james worley » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Hey Cindy .
Y'all need to go this weekend , it's going to be nice.
Hope you can make it.

Hey Tom.
Hope you can make it looks like a small group .
james worley
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Looks like everyone is a maybe except you and me James LOL... I hope some others can make it. I'll bring firewood just in case. Cindy we are in the Cedar Point loop. I am shooting for site 13-17, all the sites on that side have a cool drop off to the valley and the bath house is right across the drive from site 13. I should have taken some pictures, but I was camped in the big RV loop and just cruised through this loop on my way out and it was freezing that morning.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby bg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:09 pm

One of Kim's co-workers had a death in the family, and Kim has to work Saturday now. With any luck we'll be out there by about 3 pm Saturday. Won't be camping though. If either of you guys wants to extend for an extra night, I'm sure I could find room here at the homestead Sunday night.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby TexasBill » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Louisa and I were tentatively planning to come to this campout.
I was late in getting a reservation for the weekend, but was able to get a reservation in the overflow campsites area. This is essentially a cement area more like a parking lot and no tents are allowed. Due to the fact that they are predicting rain on Saturday, and we need a tent over the teardrop, I'm just not ready to go this weekend. I'm looking forward to going to Beaver Bend in April and I'm excited about that but I just can't get going for this campout. If the weather looks good on Saturday we will drive down for the Saturday night dinner, if thereis enough people to warrant the trip. Keep posting on the forum and let us know what's happening so that we don't know what to do.
Are we having FUN yet?
TexasBill and Louisa
TexasBill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby james worley » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Hey Thomas I guess they found out we were coming
And bailed out , next time we can just show up.
Lol.
james worley
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 pm

That is funny James! Right now I am looking good to leave at noon to make the 2pm check in time, I can't wait to camp on the edge of that valley. With rain predicted on Saturday I might just do a Friday stay since Friday is paid for and I am not about to throw away a nice camping weather day! If it does rain Sat, I can still work in the shop at home on my '63 Astrodome, I am thinking I would like to take it to Beaver's bend and also the Vintage trailer rally in Lake Livingston in April since those gatherings are farther away and the Astrodome weighs half as much as the Kenskill so I am trying to get it ready!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Yeah so fateful words were last spoken... My product release cratered today and I have to work Friday and possibly Saturday too... If anyone wants my reservation, Friday is paid for under Thomas Miller... James, I will be at Lake Livingston just South of you next month!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby james worley » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey Thomas !!! Well that stinks as of right now
I'm the only one confirmed to camp , guess I will
Go any way and see who shows up. Let me know
About the Livingston trip , I will try and make it,
If it is at the state park it s very nice lots of camping
Spots.
james worley
Teardrop Master

Postby Joelabonte » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:30 pm

OK. That sucks. I am still gonna show up. Really hoping there are a few campers there. Heading up from SA to meet a few of you. And see your rigs.
If you were on the fence, I hope you will choose to show. Make my trip even better.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Joelabonte
Teardrop Inspector

Postby TexasBill » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:21 pm

I was able to able to get campsite in Cedar Point, where I can set up my tents to protect my teardrop from the rain. :D
So Louise and I will be coming down Saturday so that we can maybe participate in a Saturday night dinner. I have a Ham Radio friend (Dale) and his wife (Mary) have a new motorhome and they are going to come down to visit us and stay overnight Saturday. My son (Reed) and his wife(Eva), who live in Athens and are going to come up and visit and have dinner Saturday. I have another set of him friends who have motorhome home and they're going to try and come down Saturday and stay overnight Saturday also. It would nice to know who all is coming so that we can plan how much and what we need from every one for Dinner. It looks like there will be 8 people in my group who would like to join us for dinner.
Are we having FUN yet?
TexasBill and Louisa
TexasBill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joelabonte » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:10 pm

I won't be there for dinner on Saturday. It is a long drive back to SA, and I have to work Sat night. But hopefully Sat before I leave I will find you and I can stop by and introduce me and the wife.
Wo ho! Up to two teardrops to see!! :D
Joelabonte
Teardrop Inspector

Postby annalbs » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:49 pm

What are the odds! Eddie and I decided to go camping with the kids this weekend and we choose Tyler State Park unaware that there was even a gathering planned! Hope to see some of you all there!
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby Joelabonte » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Thanks everyone that was there. We saw a few teardrops. The wife, of course, fell in love with the Camp-Inn. Worth the trip up there.
Joelabonte
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:06 pm

I am glad a few people made it! Remember they predicted 40-60% chance of rain! I got a sprinkle for about 15 min all day and I am not too far from there! Wish I could be there but at least I am having a campfire at home tonight!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby james worley » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Made it home ! Had a good weekend of camping
Small group but we had a good time visiting
And the weather was nice no rain.
james worley
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to South Central