A good weekend

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

A good weekend

Postby HMK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:46 pm

A good weekend. It got a little cool this morning, but not bad at all. I just bought a couple of lanterns and they worked great! The pups had a really good time. We must have hiked at least 10 to 12 miles yesterday with lots of up hill/down hill trails. We had cheeseburgers, hot dogs, Watermelon and Rootbeer Cobbler made in my Dutch Oven.

The recipe for Rootbeer Cobbler is here. I posted the recipe several years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16807
HMK
Teardrop Master

Re: A good weekend

Postby KennethW » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Where are you camping? You are teasing us up north(Minnesota). Their was 4 ice fishing houses on the lake in my back yard today. What is a little cool?
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby HMK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:47 pm

I was at the State Park in Meridian Texas. I'm not exactly sure on the temp but I would say high 40's or low 50's.
HMK
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:14 am

Sounds like a good time, for sure. By the looks of the legs on that one little fellow, that must have been a long hike! :lol:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing! We just got hit with rain/sleet/snow (all at the same time) last night. Definitely looking forward to warmer temps!!!!!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby HMK » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Sounds like a good time, for sure. By the looks of the legs on that one little fellow, that must have been a long hike! :lol:

That's Lexi, but I call her "Baby Girl." She does real well on hikes, actually they both do. They both slept like logs Saturday night though. The park is real nice even though the lake is pretty low. They have several hiking trails and the creek bed was dry, so we were able to hike through there as well. The park was full and the Rangers patrolled the park regularly, which we like and everyone was very friendly. We've been going to State parks mostly here as of late and We have a trip to opossum kingdom planned in the coming weeks. We bought the yearly pass for the State Parks and that allows us free day use in all the State Parks here in Texas. Sometimes we camp, sometimes we just spend the day. Right now, we tent camp, but would love a small motor home or even a tear drop. The main concern with tear drop is the size. My wife is afraid she would feel claustrophobic, but she said she's willing to try. She does fine in our 9x12 tent. It's just the two of us and our two dogs.
HMK
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:38 pm

if she starts out with the big window doors it will make her feel like she has more freedom but if that don't work you might do as I did for my wife go with a cargo that way she has room and you are up off the ground and you can make it fit your needs for camping
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Camping Secrets