Electrical Guru needed

Anything electric, AC or DC

Electrical Guru needed

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon May 08, 2006 8:31 pm

I am looking at this unit for my tear. Since I am somewhat electrically challenged I need some help. If I am reading this right it should do what I need. Charge the battery and invert the AC to DC. 25 Amps seems enough, am I correct? I know I need a breaker box and fuse panels ect. but this is the brain of the whole thing right?

rvparts convertor clicky
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Mon May 08, 2006 8:58 pm

I've seen that here on the forum a couple times. It makes for a clean installation. I did a search for WFCO and it looks like Dale (Cracker) installed one. Hopefully he can add a comment.

I don't know for shure (I have to have my hands on one to check it out) but it looks like it will do what you want. You probably don't need to buy extra fuse boxes or breaker boxes because it is inegrated into this unit.

BTW: Changing DC to AC uses and "Inverter" whereas AC to DC uses a "Converter". Not trying to be anal but it could save some confusion in the future.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chris C » Mon May 08, 2006 9:10 pm

Hey woodbutcher, next time you want to post a url, how about using http://tinyurl.com/ It'll let you shorten the url so everyone doesn't have to scroll back and forth to read all the following posts. :thumbsup: :applause:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Sonetpro » Mon May 08, 2006 9:17 pm

I've got one of those . Dale does also. I like it cause you don't need anything else. It's a AC and DC panel all in one. With a converter and a 3 stage charger.
It has a place for 2 AC breakers for 2 circuits. and 3 Fuses for 3 DC circuits. I ran one of my DC circuits to a sub panel DC fuse box so I could fuse all the light circuits 5 amp seperatly. That way if 1 light gets a short It will only blow the fuse on that light and the rest of them will still work.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Sonetpro » Mon May 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Wood butcher. The one you linked to is a single stage converter. That's why it's so cheap. This year they started to make that same converter in 3 stage. I bought mine direct from here. Click here
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon May 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will order it from Best converter and be sure to get the 3 stage unit. Sorry for the xxxl post but I don't know how to use tinyurl with cut and paste.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon May 08, 2006 9:45 pm

WB, checkout this thread about shortening URL's short URL clicky...it describes the method I just used in this post and your first post...get the unit that SteveT linked to...with it you need nothing else...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Sonetpro » Mon May 08, 2006 9:46 pm

You can use this
[url=Paste Your URL HERE]Type Word HERE[/url]
Replace the red With your URL to link to and word you want displayed.
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon May 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Thanks guys I will try it next time.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets