what is your music

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

your music and do you listen while camping

I do not I like the music of the woods and the water and nature
15%
I have a radio and tv in my unit
7%
I have a radio in my unit
5%
I have a tv in my unit
No votes
I listen on my portable unit
10%
I plan an instrument
7%
we play on home made instruments
No votes
I sing
3%
I whistle
3%
we are a traveling band
No votes
I like Jazz
5%
I like rock
16%
I like western
8%
I like bluegrass
7%
I like classical
7%
I bring my unit to music festivals
2%
teardropping is my music
5%
I am not musical
2%

Total votes : 61

what is your music

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat May 31, 2014 6:07 pm

I like all kinds and can listen to most :M :M

and do you play any of it when camping

you can click on as many of the below as you want

and if you goofed you can correct it.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: what is your music

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat May 31, 2014 6:13 pm

by unit I mean what you camp in.

and if I left out things like harmonica or kazzo it is because the list would go on until the music stopped.

but if you want to add yours you know what to do :M
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby MtnDon » Sat May 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Eclectic taste in music, but I draw the line at hip-hop and rap.

I record hours of my favorites from Pandora and Grooveshark and take it along with other CD's I own on an MP3 that plays back through some old Cambridge computer speakers from years ago. Made that runoff 12 VDC direct. TV is mostly for viewing recorded TV and library or rental DVD's.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sat May 31, 2014 7:15 pm

I listen to music from either my smartphone or my laptop. I watch movies on DVD on the laptop if I'm confined indoors in the trailer if it's raining etc.

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby RandyG » Sat May 31, 2014 7:51 pm

I've got 10gb of music on my phone from old country to rock and heavy metal. Also play guitar and learing to sing and play currently. Never tried to sing and play in front of anyone yet. :roll:
Randy
Aircraft fabricator, novice carpenter, electrical apprentice, audio engineer dropout.
Build thread - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54126
RandyG
500 Club

Postby PKCSPT » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:07 pm

If I have a radio on it is usually talk radio, or a station that plays 70's and 80's music. If I bring my own it might be John Denver or Gordon Lightfoot, somewhere along those lines.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wanna Be » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:25 pm

What ever happened to the "Big Bands"

Got to love it, BUT not to much at one time.
A good mix without ANY hip hop or other such noise.

Wanna Be

;) ;)
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis

"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?" ~ Bullwinkle J. Moose

Also I am a professional spelling butcher.. I don't carry a dictionary and my spell check is broke!!
Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

what is your music

Postby GerryS » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 am

Big bands rock....I enjoy them too. Which is why I'm so mad at Sirius right now....

Music at camp sites is a part peeve. I go camping in part to get away from the noise. If I can't hear you from my camp,site, it's fine but I don't want to listen to it...We are so overstimulated as a society, there is no room left for quiet contemplation. You can't hear yourself think, nor hear God through all the noise. Obviously churches are a great place to find quiet, but spending - day or two there isn't practical.

Last weekend we were near some very rude people...playing music loud enough to drown out the music in the camp site next to them....ugh. Compromise or turn it off...country twang from site A, death metal it site B. They don't mix. But it was still better than rap.

Now, as far as rap and what has become known as R&B....well let's say that beauty is measurable....symmetry, balance and harmony. Now, not everything is designed to be beautiful...and even in beautiful music you can have disharmonies or rhythm that is out of sync with the melody (syncopation) that is used as an emphasis. But these tools are exception, and shouldn't be overused.

I do consider it rap an art, because it certainly evokes an emotional response by use of a medium. But it certainly is lacking in beauty in any measure for the most part (there are some exceptions....) so I will politely pass and let you listen so far as you don't force me too.

So, what's in my playlist? Quiet is my first choice, classical, organ, and sacred are my first choice. After that I like big band, and some bluegrass. After that we start to get into older rock...think 70s...credence Clearwater revival, Gordon lightfoot....folk....the bridge between rock and country.

It's very safe to say nothing that comes out of the music industry for the last 15 to 20 years...

Now, I've got to go....I've got some kids I need to get off my lawn.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:16 am

The type of trip determines how much I listen to music (and what type of music), but a stereo is a necessity for me. Having it built in just makes sense. If I'm at a typical campground (ugh I hate some of the sardine cans that they call campgrounds) I don't turn it up very loud at all, but if I'm out in the middle of the boonies with friends grilling, then it gets turned up quite a bit :twisted:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Return to User Polls