Gray Haired Sisterhood

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Gray Haired Sisterhood

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:58 am

Hi Eunice, thinking of you and Mother and sending our love :worship:
Dean and I have thought of you and the Hill House and extend the invite to come visit during Pamplin IRG WHENEVER you can get away, with or w/o the Teardrop.

Here's an update from my life....absolutely LOVE being married & retired, and we'll celebrate our 1st Anniversary @ the Dam Gathering. Tending to multiple houses and properties...I do LOTS of yard work :R

The folks we have working with us from Hospice and Caring Angels to help out my parents (66 years married and still living independently) have been a Godsend, literally and figuratively. Simply wonderful people.
My 92 y.o. Dad has been in the care of Hospice since July, and my Mom, ( who will turn 86 on the Dam Gathering weekend ) has been caring for him 24/7. Now that I am retired I can help out too. I feel so blessed to have both my parents just minutes away and still together, with my Mom shouldering most of the load. Their marriage is truly an example of living (& loving) the meaning of their marriage vows. I do most of her shopping, errands, etc. and respite care. It is hard to leave sometimes, and I can relate to the drain it makes you feel in your heart. I know how caring and what a strong lady you are, and I will pray for you and your Mother. You can call us anytime.
xoxo TDN
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: Gray Haired Sister Eunice

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi all, just a check in to say I'm still at the Platinum status!
Just got back from the Bigfoot Gathering at Orleans by the beautiful Pearch Creek. No BF sightings, but did shoot an Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking webisode of the legendary Bigfoot Burger. 8)

www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook

Also, a warm hello to you, Eunice! You have been in our thoughts and :worship: We hope all is going smoothly for you in this transition time, and we are sorry for your loss. :NC A hug to you xoxo TDN
(The IRG offer still stands)

All the best to the GHS ladies, and hi to those guys who lurk and read. :R
ttfn,
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:43 am

Teardrop Nanny ~
Bacon wrapped onion rings -- Wow, I've never seen those. They look amazing!
Great video.
I just sent the link to your video to a nephew and asked him if we could create a whole annual event based around bacon wrapped onion rings.
And I want one of those cast iron stove/oven things in my back yard.
:thumbsup:
BookSaver
Teardrop Inspector

Postby deleted » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:49 am

Oh my goodness. Your videos are awesome! I want to sit here all day in The Glampette and watch every episode :shock: :thumbsup:

One question. Do you two own a restaurant or something? Those are serious smokers you have at home for your bacon, cheese, etc. :thinking:

And to stay on topic it's been four months since I last colored my hair. Still not sure if I like it or not. Wish I had more grey, then I'd love it.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 am

I colored my hair when I worked in the costume department of a community theatre. I do think it made a difference to how I was treated around the young performers and staff members. Disappointing, but true.

Then I was laid off from the theatre and got a job at a public library. I decided that it was totally OK for a librarian to have some gray streaks. That was around 2008.

My mother has beautiful white fluffy hair. I'm hoping I will inherit that from her.
BookSaver
Teardrop Inspector

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks, Stacie. I was hoping to meet you at the Dam Gathering. I've checked out your blog site(s) in the past and love what you have been doing ... your canine child is so cute!! I just saw your +1 on the comment about my hair on OCIC also!! :D
Do you want to join us at the IRG this 4th of July??

We are some serious foodies by now. Just love to cook and eat, especially outdoors. Keep on watching our webisodes to see what else Dean finds to cook in/with. He's always jumping in to something new :shock: !
I'm sure I'll come home some day to find that YardCrashers has created an outdoor cooking arena complete with a deep pit BBQ!! 8)

And Booksaver, we are thrilled that you linked us up with your relatives and look forward to seeing how this event turned out. A quote from MadJack is appropriate ....."pictures, gotta love dem pictures" Hope you'll take some and share :pictures:
ttfn,
Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:35 am

Just for you, Stacie....cuz we enjoy having fun around the campfire when we introduce ourselves. :R

You > "Hi, my name is Stacie"
Us, the GHS > "Hi, Stacie"
You> "It's been four months since I last colored my hair"
Us, the GHS > "Stacie, we support your efforts and are here for you, 24/7."

Go grey, and go all the way!! xoxo TDN

:laughter: :drofl: :banana: :laughing1:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby deleted » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:40 am

I subscribed to your Youtube channel. Watched about five this morning. :thumbsup:

If I were still here I'd love to join you at IRG but, make that a big BUT, I'm going to be leaving soon and won't be in California when the IRG rolls around. Will either be up in eastern WA state or heading east. Am in the process of making some rather dramatic life changes brought about by my tiny trailer. Traveling so far and often on my own last year made me realize that it was time for me to move on.

And thank you about my dog Kitai. Sadly, he passed away in March. It was a devastating loss as he'd been my best buddy for 11 years. I wrote him a eulogy blog post here: http://theflirtyguide.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-once-in-lifetime-dog-rip-kitai.html :( I still miss him so much every day. I thought I'd be setting out on this new chapter of my life with him as my co-pilot but instead I'll be doing it on my own. If I hadn't colored my hair all of those years we would have looked more similar, Kitai and I, with our salt and pepper hair coloring. :)
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:47 am

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:Just for you, Stacie....cuz we enjoy having fun around the campfire when we introduce ourselves. :R

You > "Hi, my name is Stacie"
Us, the GHS > "Hi, Stacie"
You> "It's been four months since I last colored my hair"
Us, the GHS > "Stacie, we support your efforts and are here for you, 24/7."

Go grey, and go all the way!! xoxo TDN

:laughter: :drofl: :banana: :laughing1:

:lol: Thank you. I can tell you one thing, even though I've grown my hair out and donated 17"-18" twice, growing out the grey is proving to be far more challenging.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nevadatear » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Stacie, we second Joanie, hope we can see you one more time before you mive! Hang in their with the hair, i think you look great!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:55 pm

I was caring for my mom the past 5 months so I havent had a haircut. It is long and straight, much easier to pull back out of the way and not worry about it. Now that she is gone I'm not sure what I am going to do with it. Planning a trip to the desert so I might leave it long for a ponytail until I get back. :?
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby deleted » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:50 am

Eunice I'm sorry about your mother's passing. The last time I'd read an update she was in hospice. May she rest in peace.

I hear you on the not having a hair cut in a while. The most I have mine cut is once or twice a year. Love the longer length. So easy as you said to pull it back into a pony tail or up into a bun to get it out of the way. I enjoy wearing mine down but sometimes it's just not convenient. Especially on windy days.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm with Stacie and Eunice. I keep my hair just long enough so I can pull it back and out of the way when I'm working or camping or having a bad hair day. :thumbsup:

I can't do the gray hair thing just yet. Tried to do that and it looked horrible!!! Maybe when I turn 70.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Sharon, I bet it is not nearly as bad as you think, just not what you are familiar with!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:31 pm

nevadatear wrote:Sharon, I bet it is not nearly as bad as you think, just not what you are familiar with!

...Maybe in a year or two.... ;)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers