Bayou Belle' s & Boos Halloween Gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Bayou Belle' s & Boos Halloween Gathering

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 pm

UPDATED 9/30/14:

We are hosting our annual Halloween camp out gathering on 10/30-11/2/14 at Silver Springs campground in Ocala, FL and would like to invite anyone who would like to join us. We dress up, make goody bags for the entire campground then walk around handing them out. Halloween falls on a Friday this year - perfect! Always lots of food, fun and a few cocktails. We always pass-a-good-time! Come join us!
:vroom:

Halloween sites reserved so far:
1 - Reserved for one of our new campers
30 - Christine, Matt & kiddos
32 - Stephanie & family
33 - Darlene Carter & crew
34 - Darci & Theo
36 - Jo Ann & Karen
37 - Anita
38 - Dee
39 - Amy & hubby
40 - Peggy & Chuck
41 - Becca
42 - Linda & Bobbie
43 - Ellen & Gordon
45 - Delyne
59 - Laura, Jeff & daughter Cassie
Rod - Staying at another campground but joining us
Rick - Will try to join us

If you are bringing anyone please post their name(s) and I'll edit the list. Not sure how many site are still available in our loop. :thumbsup:

Remember to bring one VERY BIG bag of candy, like the ones Sam's or Wal-Mart sells. We will be stuffing candy/goody bags again this year to distribute to the happy campers at the campground. I will pick up the goody bags from the Dollar Tree (at least 100) and trinkets. And bring a pumpkin so we can carve em'. If I find a big one this year, you may get to see "Pumpkin Head" again! ;) AND.....don't forget your costumes!! I'm already shopping for mine!
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Re: Bayou Belle' s & Boos Halloween Gathering

Postby islandcutter » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Although I am just building my Teardrop now, your event will give me something to shoot for.
The plan is to be moved back home to FL by October, so this may be perfect. I have tent camped in Silver Springs and looking forward to returning with a teardrop in tow.
islandcutter
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:23 pm

islandcutter wrote:Although I am just building my Teardrop now, your event will give me something to shoot for.
The plan is to be moved back home to FL by October, so this may be perfect. I have tent camped in Silver Springs and looking forward to returning with a teardrop in tow.

Islandcutter, hope you can join us! We always have good time and welcome everyone. Silver Springs is a nice park - looking forward to camping there again.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby tsmyth » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm about 50% done with my low rise camper- but can speed up to make the date. Which campground (name) would the gathering be at?
thanks posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=59465#
tsmyth
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:25 pm

tsmyth wrote:I'm about 50% done with my low rise camper- but can speed up to make the date. Which campground (name) would the gathering be at?
thanks posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=59465#

It's at Silver Springs State Park, 1425 N.E. 58th Ave., Ocala, FL, 352.236.7148. Reserve a site through Reserve America...would enjoy having you join us!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby FloridaDee » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:40 pm

:thumbsup: I just reserved Site 38 for Ocala! Oct 31 - Nov.2

This will be my first trip "out of town" with my new little trailer. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Silver Springs is a fantastic campground. Great choice!

Dee
FloridaDee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JOMO » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:48 pm

I just booked site 36. I've never been to a gathering before. Only camped in my little teardrop 3 times and then it was close to home (within 3 miles). I'm so excited to see the other teardrops.
JOMO
Teardrop Builder

Postby Anita Rae » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:07 pm

We have 37 reserved, We are looking forward to meeting all of you.
Anita Rae
Donating Member

Postby P'colaTear » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Welcome to all who will be joining us in October. Some of us will be arriving on Thursday because we know how much fun we will be having. With Friday being Halloween, plan to arrive early in the day, if possible, so you don't miss any of the fun. We will make the goodie bags in the afternoon and usually start our trek through the campground just after dark. There will also be a potluck/hot dog roast somewhere during the evening too. We usually decorate our sites, some a little more than others, so if you enjoy doing that kind of thing, we look forward to seeing your decorations.

Everyone is welcome to do whatever they like and participate as much or as little as you choose. I just thought it would be good to let you know in advance so you can plan, if you want.

I'm sure our fearless leader, Miss Becca will post more information closer to the date as we firm up our plans. Happy 4th to all and I look forwarding to meeting you in October.

Delyne
Charter Member of Bayou Belles and Boos
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby FloridaDee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 pm

This gathering is going to be the highlight of my camping season! Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to it.
FloridaDee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm so glad we will have some new camping friends joining us! Like Delyne said, it's just a really laid back campout with a tiny bit of craziness thrown in. We have a good time making goody bags and "treating" every camper in the campground. We usually hand out close to 100 bags. It's a good time!

I'll post a list of who is in what site this weekend. Get your costumes ready! :D
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:13 am

Halloween sites reserved so far:
34 - Bannana55
36 - JoAnn & Karen
37 - Anita
38 - Dee
39 - Amy & hubby
40 - Peggy & Chuck
41 - Becca
42 - Linda & Bobbie
43 - Ellen & Gordon
45 - Delyne

If you are bringing anyone please post their name(s) and I'll edit the list. Not sure how many site are still available in our loop. :thumbsup:

Remember to bring one VERY BIG bag of candy, like the ones Sam's or Wal-Mart sells. We will be stuffing candy/goody bags again this year to distribute to the happy campers at the campground. I will pick up the goody bags from the Dollar Tree (at least 100) and trinkets. And bring a pumpkin so we can carve em'. If I find a big one this year, you may get to see "Pumpkin Head" again! ;) AND.....don't forget your costumes!! I'm already shopping for mine!
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Rlowell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello all,
This sounds like a great time. I will try to set my schedule this week to be able to attend.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rod :) :D :beer:
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Rlowell wrote:Hello all,
This sounds like a great time. I will try to set my schedule this week to be able to attend.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rod :) :D :beer:

Rod, I hope you can join us. Great group of people! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby bannana55 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 am

Well we just reserved #34. This will be our first gathering, looking forward to meeting everyone.
bannana55
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Southeast