1st Annual Canadian Gathering 2014

British Columbia Chapter of the Tear Jerkers (Director Brian Woods "Vedette")

Re: 1st Annual Canadian Gathering 2014

Postby byrdz1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm

Can someone write an article about this event for the TOWLine? I need it by the 24th, [email protected]
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby TESKELLY » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 am

byrdz1 wrote:Can someone write an article about this event for the TOWLine? I need it by the 24th, [email protected]

I will give it a go and if you use it great if someone submits something more suitable that's even better. No hard feelings if mine doesn't get used.
TESKELLY
Teardrop Master

Postby byrdz1 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 am

Brian,

are you planning on doing this next year? Google says it is 8 hours from here to kelowna BC, is that the right town? If you are going to gather again next year please let me know so I can plan to be there.
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby TESKELLY » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 pm

byrdz1 wrote:Brian,

are you planning on doing this next year? Google says it is 8 hours from here to kelowna BC, is that the right town? If you are going to gather again next year please let me know so I can plan to be there.

Brian has confirmed it's now an annual event known as the Farm Gathering. West Bank is a town just before Kelowna so I'm thinking more like 7 1/2 hrs.
TESKELLY
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:16 am

Marianne, we all know how fast you drive! :twisted: But, unfortunately it is longer than 8 hours.....even as fast as I drive. :roll:
Kelowna is only another 10 minutes from Westbank, But no matter which route you come, there are certain stops you must make .....
Gas, Food, Potty, Border, etc. They all eat time!! :thinking:
It always takes me at least 10 hours Bridge to Bridge (we have one too if you go into Kelowna), and I rarely do it in one pull.
Although I hate to admit it, but the fastest route for you (my least favorite and last choice) would be to come up I 5 to Bellingham, then east to Sumas crossing, then Hwy. #1 to Hope, then over the Coquihalla to our place.
There are so many nicer drives than that! Especially if you don't like Freeways ??
But take 2 days and enjoy the drive.....there is a lot to see on the other routes, and they are way less stressful.
Oh, and YES! The "Farm Gathering" will be an Annual event, as 100% of those who attended this years Gathering said they would come back next year if we would put it on again.
And we would love to have you attend! :thumbsup: :wine: :beer: :FNP :)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia, Canada