galley with just shelves or basic galley

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Will i improve my basic galley or am I fine with what I have

Basic shelves are all I need
11%
Basic shelves are all I need I will find better working boxes or design as I need
22%
If some one made prefabed cabinets I could put where I wanted I might have more then just shelves.
No votes
I have a plan to improve on it as I know better how I camp and what I need.
22%
Basic shelves are my training wheels and better galleys are in my future.
22%
You left out an important point.
No votes
below are pictures of my basic galley, my plans for it's future, my next step
22%

Total votes : 9

galley with just shelves or basic galley

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 am

For those who have a teardrop with a galley and it just has a basic galley with shelves and then boxes holding the makings of a kitchen.

Do you plan to make it more, will cabinets one day replace those boxes or baskets.

It is rear that home made galleys stay as they were at first, while needs change and families grow, or children move on in life and your back to the basics again.

You can answer more then one question and can change your answer as you discover new directions.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: galley with just shelves or basic galley

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:44 am

I prefer that everything has a place. During travel the trailer bounces around and things can go wrong. A couple drawers and some door to contain things just make it easier to operate back there.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:42 am

Our galley is very not basic and as pointed out by Woodbutcher everything having a place means a lot less hassle. Nancy designed the galley and it keeps meal prep and clean up to a minimum. Not visable the 6 gal hot water heater.

Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 am

Do I fit in the "basic galley" club? Dunno for sure but I swear by mine.

I purchased my first teardrop in 2004, a 4x 10 Hunter Silver Shadow in North Idaho. Here's the galley stripped down for sale:

Behind the left bottom door is the battery compartment. in the middle, I kept a slide in/slide out 7 gallon Reliance water jug with a spigot. On the right side a 48 quart cooler fit just fine.

I built this teardrop last summer, a 5 x10. Look familiar?

In a sense, it's built around the 7 gallon jug, the 48 qt cooler, and the stove. It's what I call a working galley. As you can see, the water jug slides out so you've got access to the spigot at any time. The stove is a Primus with a hose that feeds from the bottom into the 1 pound propane bottle (nested in the droor below it) that's always hooked up –pull it out and pop the piezo. There are nest slots for two additional propane bottles behind the water jug. There's a dry-goods storage area behind the cooler for paper plates and garbage bags.

I built this 4x8 for my sis this spring. The battery nests in the bottom left, a 4 gallon Reliance jug fits in the middle and a 48 quart cooler on the right. Look familiar?

Anywho.... I'm in the process of building another 5 x 10 and I'll do the same galley 'cause it's simple and it's a joy to cook in. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to User Polls