Bacon and Eggs cooked in a Paper Bag on the fire!

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Bacon and Eggs cooked in a Paper Bag on the fire!

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Interesting Trick: Cook bacon and eggs in a paper bag over the fire!

http://themetapicture.com/he-grabbed-a-paper-bag/
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Bacon and Eggs cooked in a Paper Bag on the fire!

Postby working on it » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Very interesting. I'm not sure I would try it for the first time with limited supplies; possibly with some practice even I could make it work. My only previous experience with cooking paper bags was slightly different...they held a different substance, and they were lit on fire on other peoples' porches. Long time ago, in a Galaxy far away....
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 pm

working on it wrote:Very interesting. I'm not sure I would try it for the first time with limited supplies; possibly with some practice even I could make it work. My only previous experience with cooking paper bags was slightly different...they held a different substance, and they were lit on fire on other peoples' porches. Long time ago, in a Galaxy far away....

:thinking: Ah... Let me think....Luminaries? :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby wagondude » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Another neat trick is to cook your eggs in an orange rind. The trick is to roll the orange around to loosen it from the rind. Cut around the equator then separate the rind halves from the orange. Crack one egg in each half and place on the coals. Eat the orange while you wait for the eggs to cook. enjoy the eggs right out of the dish they were cooked in. They will have an interesting orange flavor to them.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Breytie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:23 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
working on it wrote:Very interesting. I'm not sure I would try it for the first time with limited supplies; possibly with some practice even I could make it work. My only previous experience with cooking paper bags was slightly different...they held a different substance, and they were lit on fire on other peoples' porches. Long time ago, in a Galaxy far away....

:thinking: Ah... Let me think....Luminaries? :lol:

That type of cooking surely cause some utterances that would have lit the night! Or was it the flash of a 12 bore loaded with salt?
Experience is learning from your own mistakes
Here I make mine in public: My build
Breytie
Teardrop Master

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1