LCG lX

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: LCG lX

Postby Pam & Bob Bertrand » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:35 pm

So nice to see everyone again and to meet new friends.
Pam and Bob Bertrand
Baton Rouge,LA
Pam & Bob Bertrand
Teardrop Master

Postby capnTelescope » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Someone asked me at LCG about my Yeti cooler. Like everything else, It was its first time out. As of this morning (Tuesday), there was still ice and ice cold beer in it. Breakfast of champions!

Yeti gets the capnTelescope Seal of Approval.

:beer:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby Cindy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

So you are saying that your YETI left LCG with BEER in it? What happened? I didn't think that was possible.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby capnTelescope » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Cindy wrote:So you are saying that your YETI left LCG with BEER in it? What happened? I didn't think that was possible.

I fear that I must have sinned. Please forgive me. Let's see here... We had Apple Pie #1 and Margareeters and peenya colladers and apple pie #2 and I can't remember what else (why is that?) and my usual share of beer. :FNP Plus, Tom and Linda didn't show up(See this post), so I actually did have extra beer. I didn't think "extra beer" actually existed.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby starleen2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 pm

capnTelescope wrote:Someone asked me at LCG about my Yeti cooler. Like everything else, It was its first time out. As of this morning (Tuesday), there was still ice and ice cold beer in it. Breakfast of champions!

Yeti gets the capnTelescope Seal of Approval.

:beer:

I bought a Coleman extreme 5 day cooler just for the trip to LCG to ice down some steak fingers we bought while traveling. I used one ten pond bag of ice for the cooler and it it held for two day with little melt :thumbsup: compared to my vintage Coleman steel belted cooler which needed a refill of Ice about everyday :o . Spend a few extra bucks and do your homework and you'll find there are many coolers that will get the job done ;)
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Tommy2tone_1999 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:34 pm

I was hoping to be finished with my build to attend this year, but alas life happens. Next year for sure! :worship: Then again, you know what they say, "if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans."
Make time for fitness and it'll make time for you.
http://TommyDoran.com
http://tommydoran.com/favor
Interview: http://goo.gl/Non1oR
Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58395
Come find me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tommy.doran
Tommy2tone_1999
Teardrop Master

Postby Loader » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Glad you all had fun! I can honestly say Kerry and I are just a bit jealous of you all. Of all years to miss, this was the year, probably the year we needed the outing the most. Oh well, life intervenes; but we'll be there there next year, and we want our normal site (41) back! 8) Guess I'll have another glass of wine here in Italy to console myself!

We are both looking forward to the pics. And in all honesty, we truly missed seeing our old friends and meeting new!

Until the next outing.....
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:04 am

Loader wrote:Glad you all had fun! I can honestly say Kerry and I are just a bit jealous of you all. Of all years to miss, this was the year, probably the year we needed the outing the most. Oh well, life intervenes; but we'll be there there next year, and we want our normal site (41) back! 8) Guess I'll have another glass of wine here in Italy to console myself!

We are both looking forward to the pics. And in all honesty, we truly missed seeing our old friends and meeting new!

Until the next outing.....

Earl,

I second everything you said about missing everyone and being a little bit jealous of those that attended. Our life situation is probably different, but we hope to be back at LCG X.

Take care
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Nobody » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Lenora & I too missed seeing many old friends. Glad y'all had a good weekend!

Guess I 'lucked' out. After we'd made the decision not to attend this year, the 'pinkie' finger on my right hand got lots worse for a couple of days. Was pretty sure it wasn't a brown recluse bite as there were no dark/black spots on the finger. It was sore & swollen but gradually got better. Had an appt with Dr for Monday PM but by that time the swelling had gone down & finger was near normal so I didn't see the Doc. Wouldn't ya know it, woke up Tuesday (my birthday) & both hands were swollen, itchy, & had an intermittent rash on each hand. Felt like they'd been burnt or scalded, very sensitive to touch, almost like I'd slept on 'em. Had a dental appt that morning so I showed 'em to him & he said, "CALL DR TILLEY RIGHT AWAY." Called the Doc when I got home & naturally, he wasn't in that day. Talked to the nurse & told her I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the new AntiBiotic I was taking for cough & chest congestion. She called back in a little while & told me the Doc said stop taking the AB. Got in to see the Doc on Friday (hands were till lookin' bad) & he put me on a 6-day Prednisone regimen that I just finished up this morning. Guess it worked, my hands are back to normal with no apparent after effects, just gotta be sure that I don't take any more SMZ/THP combo AB.

Again, wer'e sorry we missed the festivities but glad I got this outta the way. We'll try to make it next year...
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BackroadsBetty » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Had a great time. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcomed at my first tnttt gathering. The Saturday morning dutch oven breakfast was OUTSTANDING :thumbsup:
BackroadsBetty
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to South Central