Clean up

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Clean up

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:45 pm

I haven't done any clean up in 10 years. So with the forum starting to slow down I
figured I'd clean things up a bit. I deleted all the accounts that have been deactivated
by one of our 18 admins, which is 99% spammers, along with their spam posts.

A couple real but deactivated users were probably on that list. And they, along with their
posts got deleted. I did not have time to investigate each of the many hundreds of spammers
or the thousands of spam posts there were sitting there.

I did notice that most of the spammers and their posts were already getting old
(at least few years old) so I didn't think I'd be affecting any current conversations.

As to the question of policy, there hasn't been a policy to deal with spammers that have
had their account deactivated by an admin.

Maybe we can come up with one now.

First of all, in 2012 I have implemented the email sign up system. That seems to be doing
a real good job eliminating spammers. I open up the system for about 15 minutes a day to
sign up the new members. In that time I usually get 2 or 3 spammers who slip in. But
the new members can't post until I move the new members into the registered members group.
Prior to doing that, I delete the spammers. So we should not have any spammers with
deactivated accounts. Should a spammer circumvent all the safeguards that are in place,
we will delete him and his posts quickly.

That means that only previously registered users can have their accounts deactivated by an
admin. And it certainly makes sense, not to delete their posts, as it would leave holes in
some threads. So I am thinking just to leave these accounts in the database, in their
deactivated state.

And if I accidentally put some holes in threads this week while I was cleaning up, I
apologize. I don't suspect that'll happen again.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: Clean up

Postby felixx » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Good work Mike
You run a great website
In fact the first website I login to most days is tnttt.com
felixx
Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:06 pm

X2 thanks for the great forum
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:43 am

So with the forum starting to slow down I figured I'd clean things up a bit.

If things get really-really slow, my shop is a disaster.

T :stompspam:
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 am

I love this forum and think you and all the administrators do a great job. With all going on in my life and camping on hold for a while this is like my hideaway. I come here to read and relax.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:46 pm

I thought I got deactivated :( but I didn't :D ! Thanks for putting up with me and keeping this ship on a smooth course! Love you guys :lips:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby darrellbeck » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Thank you for starting and running my favorite forum. I can't begin to tell you how much help and enjoyment I have gotten from it and its' members. Before I started my teardrop build I just had a few tentative ideas doing laps in my head. Then I happened across TnTT and the reader posts on here saved me many dollars and headaches during my build. I expect it will do it again on the build I'm planning now.
Again, thank you,
Darrell

PS And the readers who wrote about their projects, problems, and solutions.
darrellbeck
Teardrop Master

Postby Mukilteo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:35 pm

So the question I have is-- Can I have all of my posts deleted?
I no longer have a teardrop, I went over to the dark side and now have a Class B van conversion.
I do come back and check things every once in a while but don't really have anything to contribute any more.
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Do you really want to put holes in all those conversations?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 pm

I have learned so much from this website and it's members. Still working on my first build. Was hoping to be done by April but it looks more like May or June.
Mike you do a fantastic job, keep it going. :beer:
Kaz
Kaz
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Not too long ago, I was thinking about this forum....

I was wondering how many members ...and lurkers... have actually built camping trailers, thanks to this site.
I'm pretty certain that it is in the thousands.

Also, there are all the old trailers that have been modified and updated, restored.

Then, there are all the new trailers that have been purchased that might never have been bought if not for catching the Tiny Trailer Fever, here.

On behalf of all of those people as well as myself, Thanks, Mike!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby lrrowe » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 pm

If you want another reason to like and participate in this forum, try reading another one geared towards the big boys. Those folks will jump right on you for saying or doing something that someone does not like. That is another reason I like this one so much.

Our members and administers should be proud.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby RVServiceGuy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:25 pm

I work on RVS and feel bad for my clients. They are all on some sort of bandwagon and will harp at people even in our store. I think it makes them feel better about getting bent over on their cardboard turd purchase. I do love the RV industry though. They make these things so shitty it funds my mission trips and will soon make building my own camper a reality.
RVServiceGuy
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Threads about the forum!