22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Re: 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015

Postby Lambertdarr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Ahhh... Of course I am going to be up in Leavenworth the day ya'll are having the potluck! I am definitely game for a trip over to the other side of the mountains to camp!!! In April or May if you need to wait until it is warm!!! I Work in Northern Alberta so the cold doesn't stop me from year round tenting!!!

The only preference that I have for a place to camp is a place to climb nearby!!!
Lambertdarr
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vedette » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:44 am

Sounds Great! :thumbsup:
You might have to come down to Madras with us.....I am sure there is something to climb there?? :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Lambertdarr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:23 pm

I am sure there is something to climb there?? :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi[/quote]

Are you kidding me???? Something to climb there?? Metolious is right there. That is Smith rock some of the best climbing in the PNW

:D Count me convinced
Lambertdarr
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vedette » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:50 am

Too old to climb......h..l, I don't even hike anymore. But there was some beautiful country there! :thinking:
But there is equally beautiful rock faces in Washington. :roll:
My favorite is Dry Falls and the road back along Banks Lake to Grand Coulee? :thumbsup:
Baker Lake on the South face of Mt. Baker was nice this past fall (will be on of our stops on 2015 Fall Crawl) hope you guys can make it.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
If you really want to see some breathtaking mountains....get your passports and come on up to B.C.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby SBergeron » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:59 am

Hum...We have been kicking around the idea of going to Dam G this year. Never have been and don't know what to expect. Any thoughts??

Mark and Stephanie
Vancouver, WA
Picked up our New Teardrop Sashay from from Teardrops NW in Salem Or September 20, 2013!
On location in Goldendale at the full sized Replica Stonehenge.
SBergeron
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vedette » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:13 am

Oh Yeah!
It would be great if you could make this.........but bring a Camera :thinking: There are some Great Teardrops there!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby fullon627 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:09 pm

I just reserved site 37 for my daughter. $25 deposit to get the site you want, what's wrong with that?? Absolutely nothing in my opinion. I would have paid for all three days ($45) if they wanted it. Marylynn at Antlers was very helpful. She said it's the best site in the campground. I see some gripes on here about Antlers and deposits. Somebody has to own the campground. For them to give up full hook up sites up for $15 a night is a smoking deal! It's not about who owns it. It's about the people that gather, share and have fun! Now that means we have to get Boo's trailer done by that time. Boo picked out site 37 from the map and photos on Antlers site here (http://antlersrvpark.com/rv-site-pictures.html).

It's a great world if you don't weaken!
Boats float and airplanes fly!
If you boat sinks you can swim!
If you airplane falls you can't fly!
Ken from Eureka Ca.

Boo's Build viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60867
fullon627
Gold Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

I was just made aware of some grumbling going on over here re: deposit fees for reservations, etc.

First off, I am not aware of any such requirements from the campgrounds, but I will look into it ... but from the sounds of the majority of responses, the deposits are being applied to the total camping fees, and I think that's reasonable. And yes, it would have been nice if the CG had informed me of said deposits so that I could have at least passed along the info here and on my own website.

The bigger issue, for me, is that the grumblers posted and started a gripe, here, without ever calling or e-mailing me and letting me know first, so that I could try to alleviate any problems. We are still the hosts and promoters, and it is our job to confirm, deny, and/or rectify any issues that we are able to.

And, let's be clear about one thing, O.K. ... last years management is NOT this years management, so please don't be projecting any unpleasantness from last year onto this year. My dealings with the new ownership/management have, thus far, been cordial, friendly, and very accommodating ... I really don't think they want to jeopardize the revenues they receive from this event!

So how about that from now on, if anyone has issues with any part of this event, let me know FIRST so that I can address the problem(s) and try to rectify any misunderstandings. The last thing any of us want is for anyone to come away from the Dam Gathering with anything less than a pleasant experience (taking into consideration, of course, that there are some things that are out of our control or even influence) ... we're all committed to making it a Dam Good Time, to the best of our abilities ... :D ...! As always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 pm

grant whipp wrote:I was just made aware of some grumbling going on over here re: deposit fees for reservations, etc.

First off, I am not aware of any such requirements from the campgrounds, but I will look into it ... but from the sounds of the majority of responses, the deposits are being applied to the total camping fees, and I think that's reasonable. And yes, it would have been nice if the CG had informed me of said deposits so that I could have at least passed along the info here and on my own website.

The bigger issue, for me, is that the grumblers posted and started a gripe, here, without ever calling or e-mailing me and letting me know first, so that I could try to alleviate any problems. We are still the hosts and promoters, and it is our job to confirm, deny, and/or rectify any issues that we are able to.

And, let's be clear about one thing, O.K. ... last years management is NOT this years management, so please don't be projecting any unpleasantness from last year onto this year. My dealings with the new ownership/management have, thus far, been cordial, friendly, and very accommodating ... I really don't think they want to jeopardize the revenues they receive from this event!

So how about that from now on, if anyone has issues with any part of this event, let me know FIRST so that I can address the problem(s) and try to rectify any misunderstandings. The last thing any of us want is for anyone to come away from the Dam Gathering with anything less than a pleasant experience (taking into consideration, of course, that there are some things that are out of our control or even influence) ... we're all committed to making it a Dam Good Time, to the best of our abilities ... :D ...! As always ...

CHEERS!

Hey, Forum Buddies:

I called Antlers last week. The new management people are very nice and fair. Remember, they haven't even been doing this for a year yet; so, they are still learning their way.

What's this beef about? When you go to IRG, you pay your whole registration fee up front, not a measly $25 and nobody complains about that. When you want to be assured a camping spot at a state or national park, you pay their fees up front, before you go, too. We are still being given a very fair discount on our total camping fees, just like with the previous owners. These new owners simply ask for a credit or debit card number so they can charge a deposit of $25.

As far as seeing different prices online on different screens, nobody had even told them about that until I did last week and they said they'd work on that. Anyway, we aren't going to have to pay those prices. We still get a Dam Gathering discounted price.

Remember, they haven't even met us yet and don't know what great people we are. You haven't met them yet either. I'm guessing that they may be thinking about that huge mortgage bill that they've taken on or maybe that, since they are requesting a deposit from other campers, to be fair, they have to ask for one from you, too. Give the new management some slack on this one and give them a chance. If you start with a positive attitude, chances are good that you will be rewarded by meeting some wonderful people. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby TENNJIM » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:03 pm

We reserved site #4 with a $25 deposit which we expected. The interface with the campground people was top-notch good. :thumbsup:
See you there,
:beer:
Jim and Sheryl
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:26 pm

I am perfectly happy with antlers. Especiially since we are sharing with another couple. For newbies, however, i was checking the photos and would just like to ofter to be a little cautious not to expect your site to look like the photos. We are very familar with the sites and campground, and some of the photos are not great representaions of the sites. Just have an open mind, its not about the number of trees but the number of friends. :D
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 pm

I second what Debbie says here!!!!! Had never been to a gathering until 2013 and now I wish I had been sooner!!! The people are great and have never felt so welcome and will keep going until I can't any longer!! And to think, the 1st one for me even included a wedding along with some fantastic Dutch Oven food (to include corn waffles one morning that I didn't even order!! they are still on my mine after almost 2 years - thank you Debbie) T.Hoefer
gudmund
500 Club

Postby grant whipp » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:06 am

This year's artwork has just been added to the original post!

Thanks! to Zach Engle for the fresh new look!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby GuitarPhotog » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm in. I'll be in site 12 from Wednesday to Sunday

But probably without homebrew this year. I don't think I'm going to have a place to set up my brewery between now and then. :NC

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:15 am

We too, read about the changing prices, deposits, and other gripes!
So I called Antler's before we left for Costa Rica to check our reservation we had made last summer for the Dam Gathering event........and "NO Problem".
They had our reservation and were very helpful and friendly!
And as Sharon said, a simple request for our credit card for the deposit and we were done in a matter of minutes.
Can't wait to see everyone again!!!
THANKS GRANT!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext