tough one...

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

tough one...

Postby hotrod » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:48 pm

I have the chance to sell my teardrop and move into a decent vintage shasta 19 ft deluxe..Not really ready to part with the teardrop but growing needs due to family size and possibly more time spent camping, it might be a good move.
Will have to see more of the shasta, but pics look good.......Paul
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Re: tough one...

Postby Greg M » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Whatever you decide, we'll still let you hang out with us here, so no pressure :)
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:48 am

Paul, lots of people have more then one trailer. Each has it's own strengths. If you have the storage space maybe keep them both. If you find one never gets used then the sale of it will hurt less. See ya in May!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:18 pm

If the Shasta is an online sale and it is a good deal, you won't have time to sell your teardrop and then get it, as it would be gone by then and if it wasn't, you probably wouldn't want it. If it is a friend or family deal and you might be able to swing it, but only you can decide if it's right for you. I started with a teardrop, then went to a '18 foot Kenskill and knew it was too big for just me, then a 14 foot Shasta which was great but still too big, now I have the smallest standy made, so I tried it all and came full circle. Maybe you could swing the Shasta and then could sell whichever you decided you liked the least. Just options. Good luck!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Gage » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 am

2bits wrote:.............. now I have the smallest standy made, so I tried it all and came full circle.....
No you don't. :lol: Total length is only 9’ (7’ cabin)

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby 2bits » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Well that definitely qualifies as the shortest!! :shock:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby mustangcats » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:13 am

Gage wrote:
2bits wrote:.............. now I have the smallest standy made, so I tried it all and came full circle.....
No you don't. :lol: Total length is only 9’ (7’ cabin)

That sure is a cute one! What make/model is it?
mustangcats
Silver Donating Member

Postby SeaFlea » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 am

Mustangcats, that would be Gage's 1960 Field & Stream. Nice trailer, eh?
More pics here: http://www.gages-56.com/FnS3.html

Chal
SeaFlea
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mustangcats » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Very nice indeed. If I had a frame I'd build one just like it. :)
mustangcats
Silver Donating Member

Postby hotrod » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:26 am

Gage I love that..its definately short..
I think I have came up with a plan that will work best for me and my family currently.
Im pretty sure the teardrop is sold.. I could blow the teardrop money on the shasta, and its a good one. everything works no leaks and straight, 1958 airflyte 15 ft..ORRRRRRRR I could use some of the money for my daughters braces and build another camper but a bit bigger. I think Im going to go for option 2 and let the shasta pass...I have a 7'6" wide x 12' utility trailer with 16 inch sides and a tilt bed I built a couple years ago for hauling wood and other odds & ends.. Im entertaining the thought of building a slide in camper for this trailer, would give us some much needed headroom and room for the dogs also.. We dont travel alot anymore and generally within 150 miles or so when we do...Where we do go homebuilt is way more than welcomed so no rat camper snob issues to deal with.... Im going to make a stupid lowball offer on the shasta just in case and proceed with the 12 footer if I get shot down...Thanks for not shunning a camper junkie..lololo Paul and family...
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby 48Rob » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 am

Paul,

Kids and family first! :thumbsup:

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby hotrod » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:03 am

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater well heres what worked out, sold the teardrop for 2k saturday afternoon. spent the rest of the afternoon looking for another camper to no avail, got up and started looking again sunday.. Im pretty lucky to live in the heart of minnesota lakes country, pretty touristy so alot of stuff laying around. We spotted this one sitting across the road from a cabin, Karrie said to stop and she would run up to the house and ask if they knew who it belonged to..Guy awnsers the door in his underwear, said it was his and yes, he would sell it..lol , so we BSed a little bit, got him to name his own price and agreed at $250.. :o , so karrie allison and i went for some lunch while he moved out and dug up the title, hour and a half later we were hooked up and on the way home.. has 3 brand new tires, floor and cabinets are good, all the cushions are decent, stove and furnace work. the rear wall needs some loving tho.. buuuut for 250 bucks I can do some work.. This is going to work out good for us... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Paul
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby pchast » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Nice find. Great price!
That should clean up well.
:thumbsup:
Luck with it! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Good deal Paul! :thumbsup:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:11 pm

You are living right. Braces and a camper!
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Next

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves