Is there going to be ab ITG this year?

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Is there going to be ab ITG this year?

Postby Aaron Coffee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Haven't been on here much lately. I realize that it is early yet, but have been wondering if there is any word on having ITG in 2015?
Thanks
Aaron
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Is there going to be ab ITG this year?

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:17 pm

I think you might be referring to the IRG (International Redwoods Gathering).
Typically in the past they have been every other year, falling on the even number year.
The last one was in 2014.
http://www.pamplingrove.com/

:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Aaron Coffee » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 pm

International Teardrop Gathering, held the off years of IRG, in Minden, Nebraska. last one was 2011, 2013 it was decided to do the Lincoln Highway Cruise instead.
Aaron
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:33 am

There's the Crossroads of America; but, evidently, no more Minden, NE gatherings......:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59002
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 am

Aaron, There is the Walk the Winds gathering in Pinedale Wy in July. The info is in the North Central section. Might even be closer then Minden was.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby enigmak » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:13 pm

I have been waiting to see if the ITG was going to be held this year too!! I really was looking forward to it! Will miss seeing so many friends that have attended over the years!
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:24 pm

I don't think the ITG is going to happen again. At least not in Minden. We went through there in August of 2013 and the place is very run down. The restaurant was closed and the place looked real bad. The Museum is still open, but it to needs work. Since we had been on the road and needed showers, we asked if we could pay to use the camp ground showers. They were gracious enough to let us use them for free, but they were in real bad shape.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 22tsportmod » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Thats to bad i was really hopping there would be another since its just a little over a hour from here.
22tsportmod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:45 pm

The beautiful part of teardropping is that you can have your own gathering where ever and when ever you want. This site is a great way to meet new people to camp together. All you need to do is find a suitable CG and post when you will be there and what there is to do in the area. I live in Illinois and am the Co Director of the Land Of Lincoln Chapter of Tear Jerkers. We have 3-4 gatherings per year. In 2012 I helped Slowcowboy start a gathering in WY where there had never been one. This year is the fourth annual. Still going strong, with people from many different states attending. So I encourage any of you in areas that don't have an organized group to start one. I believe Bill Peterson was the organizer of the ITG. You might contact him for information and his intentions for the future. He may offer some help. :thumbsup:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby robfisher » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Actually, the ITG was organized by George Thornton of Colorado. Somewhere along the road he got very busy with life and the ITG is waiting for a new sponsor/guide/organizer. Unless someone picks up the ball , it's gone.

But as Woodbutcher has pointed out, it's not that hard to get a gathering on the map. Actually pulling together a full blown, high production event such as the gatherings George did in Minden is a whole bunch of work. It's a rare person who has the time to do that. But if you are one of those people that can, the rewards to the teardrop community are very far reaching. ITG 1 and 2 are some of my fondest memories. Thank you, George for your many years of hard work. The ITG's you produced were amazing.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes a big thank you to George. Not sure on Walk of the winds, yet, as I don't have a schedule for soap box racing and car club events yet. Is there a deadline for registration?

Aaron
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:05 pm

No Aaron, we have a group site so we can fit anyone that wants to come.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:42 pm

robfisher wrote:Actually, the ITG was organized by George Thornton of Colorado. Somewhere along the road he got very busy with life and the ITG is waiting for a new sponsor/guide/organizer. Unless someone picks up the ball , it's gone.

But as Woodbutcher has pointed out, it's not that hard to get a gathering on the map. Actually pulling together a full blown, high production event such as the gatherings George did in Minden is a whole bunch of work. It's a rare person who has the time to do that. But if you are one of those people that can, the rewards to the teardrop community are very far reaching. ITG 1 and 2 are some of my fondest memories. Thank you, George for your many years of hard work. The ITG's you produced were amazing.

Rob has hit the nail on the head!
It does take a lot of work to organize even a "Small Gathering", but it is all about the expectations of the Gathering Participants??
I know........if you have drive a ton of miles at todays expense you want to get as much bang for your buck when you get there.
And, you have higher expectations after all those days or hours behind the windshield thinking about what awaits you. :thinking:
BUT! So far we have found Teardrop Campers to be a "Non Complaining " group...and are usually happy just to be together with other Teardrop Loving people. :thumbsup:
And yes it is nice to have a major Gathering only an hour away from home. But you have probably already seen that piece of road!
It is always nice to see new things and enjoy the adventure along the way. Remember most campgrounds pretty much look the same (much like the roads ins South Dakota)....but crossing a majestic mountain range is a whole different thing!! ;)
We are hosting our "2nd Annual Farm Gathering" here in the North West!
International?????? It was the most "International Gathering" (large or small) that we have ever attended with a 50/50 split of Americans and Canadians???
With the amazing response we are receiving for this years event...I just realized that it could be due to the "off year" for the IRG, and the fact that there has been no ITG advertised.
But....You are all welcome here! :applause:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Just a Note: Of the 7 other Gatherings we attended in 2014 in the USA....we were the "Only" Canadians at any of them.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to National/International